Kabuki or Flat Top Foundation?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So far I've only used kabuki. But I do want try a flat top to see if it gives e a better coverage.

I love my lumiere flat top it applies my foundation so smooth , and makes my skin appear flawless! I bought it during the prebuy , and it quickly became my fave !

I use a flat top. I got it from Monave--it's a good quality brush, seldom sheds, and it's fairly firm so I can work the foundation into my face.

I love my synthetic kabuki the best for my mineral foundation. I use a flat top for my blush. A kabuki is a very densly packed brush so you will achieve a full coverage with the kabuki either baby or full sized both give the same result. Now as far as synthetics are concerned...the synthetic is by far the best for application of minerals and makeup in general because the synthetic fibers with not hang on ttot he makeup like a natural brush will. The natrual hair has a cuticle that the minerals get into and thus will be dragged across the face whereas the synthetic hairs will gently lay teh makeup on the skin. the synthetics are soooo wonderful. However....one must have the right synthetic hairs. Just any synthetic won't do. you want a nice soft synthetic.

I love Lumiere brushes which i have both flat top and Kabuki. I love to apply MMU with Kabuki. Not to say Kabuki isnt dense, however it is not as dense as Flat top. Using flat top, i will have a full great coverage but the way of applying must work well if not i will tend to feel cakey.

Will still love both jus that i prefer Kabuki most.
smile.gif

I just received my EDM synthetic flat top brush. I like it better than my Luscious Kabuki brush. For some reason the synthetic hairs are so much softer. It feels like velvet. The flat top gives me a more precise application especially around corners and tight places of my face.

I prefer a flat top brush for foundation. So as not to "waste" my long handled kabuki, I use it to apply finishing powder.

Just have to post again that after using my flat top for a while and then going back to kabuki one day...I don't think I'll ever touch my kabuki again! The flat top's coverage is way better with less effort-no need to buff, and it uses less foundation. I say definitely go with a flat top if you can find one! On the other hand, I also have to say that a flat top with natural hairs works way better for me than one with synthetic bristles. I like my natural hair kabuki better than my synthetic flat top, but my natural hair flat top is much better than my natural hair kabuki!

I use a duo fiber optic brush for wet application of foundation. It allows me to achieve good coverage by layering several light layers without ending up caked-on. It gives me the most flawless and streak-free finish of all the brushes I've tried (flat top, kabuki and liquid foundation brush).
smile.gif

i disposed my kabuki from edm... im convince that they make my pores look bigger.. im not a fun of the buff buff... id rather damp damp

i also use flocked sponge and soft half moon brushes

Back