Kat Von D's Makeup Line -What Is Your Feedback?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love the KVD Lock-It Tattoo Foundation (liquid)!  Last year I had a massive acne problem and was spending nearly an hour putting concealer on all the spots just so I wouldn't feel self-conscious leaving my home (it was REALLY bad).  After I bought KVD it drastically reduced the amount of time I had to spend covering blemishes-- it covered so well without being cakey that I had a lot less to cover up after applying the foundation.  It is pretty thick though so I normally apply with a damp beauty blender.  Now that my skin's improved I mix it with some moisturizer to thin it out a little.

I love the KVD Lock-It Tattoo Foundation (liquid)!  Last year I had a massive acne problem and was spending nearly an hour putting concealer on all the spots just so I wouldn't feel self-conscious leaving my home (it was REALLY bad).  After I bought KVD it drastically reduced the amount of time I had to spend covering blemishes-- it covered so well without being cakey that I had a lot less to cover up after applying the foundation.  It is pretty thick though so I normally apply with a damp beauty blender.  Now that my skin's improved I mix it with some moisturizer to thin it out a little.
Just curious, did the foundation have any affect on the acne?

I really like her lock it tattoo foundation. It's thick I and a bit drying though, so I often end up mixing it with something else. Love the full coverage though. I like her tattoo liners also, but I found they dried out really fast which was a bit disappointing. I really want to get her lady bird palette.

Quote: Originally Posted by akritenbrink /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I still haven't managed to figure out what causes my acne.  I just know that it gets out of control if i'm not using benzoyl peroxide on it every day, whether I'm using makeup or not.  So I'd say the KVD did not really affect the acne any more or less than other foundations.

I still haven't managed to figure out what causes my acne.  I just know that it gets out of control if i'm not using benzoyl peroxide on it every day, whether I'm using makeup or not.  So I'd say the KVD did not really affect the acne any more or less than other foundations.
Ah. Well that sucks that you have to deal with that...

Quote: Originally Posted by lanabuch /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just bought the lock it tattoo foundation and I like it do far! I've been using MAC Studio Fix forever.

I also just got the spellbinding shadow book, and it's very different than any other eye shadows I've ever tried. They blend well, are long wearing on my oily eyes, and most are pretty pigmented. I'm impressed so far.

I've only had these for a week now

So I have to give an update:

After using my foundation for several months, my face was getting extremely bad break-outs. I was in denying that it was the makeup....blaming it on stress (lol). I went and got a facial at the Bliss spa, and the esthetician told me whatever makeup I was using, was clogging my pores extremely bad and causing the breakouts.

I have been using my La Bella Donna makeup instead, and my face has greatly cleared up!

So I have to give an update: After using my foundation for several months, my face was getting extremely bad break-outs. I was in denying that it was the makeup....blaming it on stress (lol). I went and got a facial at the Bliss spa, and the esthetician told me whatever makeup I was using, was clogging my pores extremely bad and causing the breakouts. I have been using my La Bella Donna makeup instead, and my face has greatly cleared up!
Had this exact same experience. It didn't break me out in pimples, but my cheeks had weird bumps all over them. I was in denial for a long time because I like the foundation...gave it one last try last week and nope. Cheeks red and bumpy again. I don't know if it's an allergy or pore clogging but it just wasn't working so I had to toss it out :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back