Large Pores & Mineral Makeup...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How though? If the minerals can't carry bacteria because they are minerals, how can they from water. So to prevent any contamination what do you do? Swirl, spritz and then you can't go back for more if you need to because you've already got it on your brush? I know a lot of girls here do the wet MMU thing but I haven't tried it yet. It gives you more coverage right?

The Pure luxe cream eraser is the greatest product I have ever use to "spackle" in my pores,I do not care so much for the powder eraser, after wearing it awhile it leaves a funny texture on my skin. Also Laura Geller spackle is a really great product, gives me a flawless finish and also keeps me from sweating my makeup off.

Because once you add water to anything there is potential for bacteria to grow even minerals. Thats why I never apply wet with my lid I always use a small bowl. Its ok to use it wet you will be washing it off eventually but not to get the whole batch wet you would basically contaminate it the entire container.

I've got large pores too, and found that when I use my toner before my serum and my moisturiser, and really let all this settle into my skin for about 15 minutes before applying my MMU, it seems less obvious.

I'm going to try the clinique stuff, it sounds great!

So if I wanted to use it wet could I get the brush wet and pick up the minerals in the lid of my container? As long as it's not getting into the whole thing it's ok?

Like I said I dont use the lid I use a tiny bowl I dont like to take chances. If you wipe the lid out after each application you should be ok. So yes you are correct as long as the water doesnt touch the rest of the batch you are ok.

Min is correct; the moment you introduce moisture, it makes a suitable breeding ground for bacteria, regardless of whether they are minerals. The water factor changes the whole scenario.

That's why never dip anything into your pot. Always tap out minerals in a clean bowl.

OH MY GOSH! That Pure Luxe eraser is the best thing ever!!! I can't even believe it. I got it out of the mailbox this morning, put just a teeny tiny bit on and totally forgot about it - I went to the ladies room and looked - nothing, no pores - nada!!

Used my first sample today too - I gotta wait till the end of the day to see what I think...went on real nice though... Let's see how much is left on my face come quittin time....

Thanks again for the Pure Lux tip.

Hiya. I'm reviving this topic, because I did a search for large pores + MMU. I've noticed lately, that not depending on the MMU I use, my pores appear huge after about 2-3 hours of wearing the makeup. They are quite large as it is, but they actually look better without any makeup.

I want to be able to wear MMU though to hide my acne scarring. I'm really interested in this 'eraser' product now. But I cannot find any ingredients information.

My skin is so sensitive and breakout prone, though, that I'm afraid to just try it without knowing what it contains...

Does anybody have a jar or something, and can type in the info? And some information on acne+'eraser' would be lovely too.

This is directly from the site:

Eraser (original and color correcting)

cyclopentasiloxane, C30-45 alykl cetearyl dimethicone crosspolymer, dimethicone, titanium dioxide, sericite, iron oxide, mica, kaolin, vitamin E and zinc oxide

I just ordered a small container after all the great reviews. I have issues with large pores on my cheeks close to my nose. Most importantly I have super sensitive, acne prone, oily skin. So I will definitely update when I receive and try. I am looking for the same thing, something to aid in minimizing pores and make mmu coverage and application GREAT!!

Alot of products tend to break me out, so I really hope this works for me. I am also going to try the AubreyNicole gel primer. I will update and if anyone has already tried and has similar skin issues I would love to hear suggestions.

I use in a brush like 190 of Mac but bigger.. the brush is great and my pores very little when I use this brush.

Using appropriate concealers will make the pores look much smaller to the naked eye. Following a healthy and regular skin care routine will reduce acne scars and pores.

Thanks,

thelovely.ca

website

There is a huge difference in pores between brands in mmu, some help tremendously and some worsen.

I found Philosophy, Mineral Hygenics and Merle Norman make me look PORELESS. I kid you not, they literally either fill up my pores or shink them cause I cant see those nasty holes around my nose once I put on these three. ITs crazy.

Only reason I havent stuck with these brands are they do not meet my staying power standards ( 10hrs or more) * I know, Ihave high expectations. :)

yeah, i found that everyday minerals completely made my pores look huge! i actually didn't even know i had pores until i started using it :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> but i love that they have no additives in their makeup, it is really inexpensive, and the colors match well with my skin. i'll have to try the wet application.

does anyone know how often you have to clean your brushes when you do the wet application to prevent bacteria from breeding?

thanks for this forum! it's GREAT!

As promised, I did try the eraser and have been using it for about a week, it has not broken me out and works well to help with mmu application )smoother appearance) and staying power. I won't say it is great, but being all natural is the biggest plus for me. It didn't however do anything for my pore issue.

In my opinon this MMU makes my pores look smaller. I really like that!

I'm using Signature Minerals and i don't use any primer or something.. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I think it's all about your skin

Back