Large Pores & Mineral Makeup...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
shellybellyrell, that makes sense what you said about mineral makeup and pores. i have noticed that when i use mineral makeup (bare escentials) my pores look bigger- because of this i hate wearing MMU.

also.. for a cheap primer alternative to clinique's more minimizer, try Rimmel's fix and perfect foundation primer.. as far as working a primer (keeping makeup on) it's not amazing.. but there is an immediate noticeable appearance of smaller pores... and it's only like $8 for a tube.

So could I use my normal primer, then that on top of that then my foundation, etc? Because.. my pores are HUGE .. anything that will help I will try..

Kraezinsane, that should work. i have large pores, too, and that is what i do to try to minimize the appearance- i put on my normal primer, then the rimmel product JUST on problem areas (for me cheeks and nose), and then foundation. This works well for me.

also.. if you are interested in a good pore minimizing skin product.. try Burt's Bees pore refining mask with french green clay. i have tried a ton of pore minimizing products/masks, and this is by far the best one i've encountered. it totally works and is reasonably priced.

Originally Posted by periwinkle_sky /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I use Pureluxe cream eraser as a primer and it really makes my huge pores look a lot smaller. It's a staple in my daily MMU application routine, I am on my second jar and loving it to bits.
Reading all of your ladies posts about Pureluxe cream eraser I cant wait for it to get here. I have large pores. I had Dermabrasion done, didnt work. Then several years later I had lazer done.Did not work and very painful and pricey. A few things that work for me is Tretinol, every night and in the morning after I wash my face I I fill up the sink with ice and water and splash on my face for 5-10 minutes. Your hands will get numb so use latex gloves. The ice water does not help for all day but it closes the pores for several hours.

Another thing is, dont waste your money on all the fancy and expensive washes on the market, unless it works for you.The plastic surgeon I went to said to use Vitamin C face wash and Obaji Serum in the morning. And these have worked for me.Though the Tretinol cream took a few months for me to see a difference. But it is a difference.

Thanks for your posts on the eraser...

Back