Last Names! Hot or Not?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I changed my last name when i got married because i didn't even think keep my maiden name. Guess im kinda old fashioned...

But it sucks i went from having a very wogalishcious last name to a very plain one lol... ( husband had to cut down his last name when they immigrated so i guess im ok with it.. better then having one the length of a small country lol)

People just to have fun over exagerating my maiden name and i loved it but now its just...boring lol.

Wouldn't change it though.

Oh i forgot, a friend of mine runs their family business (mechanical stuff)

Anyways she was at work and told me hang on a minute because 'Mr Mahat Ancoat is here' lol she and her husband call the customer 'mr My-hat And-coat'

hahaha, Oz that's too funny. Parents don't think very hard re: baby names sometimes!

I have to say though, I'm glad I'm not a boy, my last name is so short... and in Australia, it's common to call boys by their last name, or some Aussie version of it.

Not much you can do with mine - Shaw. I mean, I like my name, but it doesn't really work with the whole aussie blokes nicknaming thing.

So lucky I'm a girl I guess!

oh gosh, i suppose i'm just SOO in love with my last name, i wouln't ever consider changing it!! LOL besides, in my culture, our last names are very similar. for example, my last name is SAEPHAN and my boyfriend's is SAEFONG so it wouldn't make much of a difference.

unless i married someone with an awesomer last name than my own, i don't think i would ever change it.

I don't know, my first name and my last name fit so well together. I guess I would have to wait and see how well it went with my husbands. But I'm pretty sure I may just hyphenate it.

Or maybe I'll just find the guy with the same last name as me haha.

I like my last name.

I also think it's amusing when other people hear it, because I am white as white can be, but my last name is Hispanic. Whenever I say my last name, people's eyes always go to my left hand to look for a wedding ring, lol.

hmmm if i married my crush(it'd be like never) i'd be Kittie Malia.

or if i married my boyfriend i'd be Kittie Clarke.

uhhh right now im sticking to my maiden name,Nichols. Kittie Mitzy Nichols is my full name. im actually not joking.

my birth name wasn't Kittie,but hey in 2 years its legally going to be kittie.
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by pinksugar /img/forum/go_quote.gif hahaha, Oz that's too funny. Parents don't think very hard re: baby names sometimes!
I have to say though, I'm glad I'm not a boy, my last name is so short... and in Australia, it's common to call boys by their last name, or some Aussie version of it.

Not much you can do with mine - Shaw. I mean, I like my name, but it doesn't really work with the whole aussie blokes nicknaming thing.

So lucky I'm a girl I guess!

Haha me either, not a whole lot you can do with Helm! Doesn't have the right 'ring' to it!

Back