Laura Mercier Mineral - anyone tried this....

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well...I have to post that my skin did not like this, and to be fair, doesn't like any MMU. I'm going back to regular foundation. Its been an adventure thats for sure - lol.

Can't justify the price when there are so many great small companies out there with superior products and prices

Sorry to hear that u didn't like any mineral makeup. If u don't mind me asking what type of skin do u have? I know I'm having a hard time finding one, so far La Bella Donna is the best and I'm oily with some pores in a humid climate.

I just recently ordered this so I hope I'll have good luck with it. Luvmylittleboy, did you purchase the Blending Brush to go with it? If so, was it worth the money?

Speerritual11 hit it right on the head - I totally agree. Funny this is the only mmu Paula gave a favorable comment to in her mmu bash newsletter

if you look at the reviews at Makeupalley's Productville this is one of the few things that has a very good rating ... granted there are only 13 reviews but i think it still counts for something... sephora has an awesome return policy so i'm gonna try this for sure in the next few weeks especially since a couple of people ahve posted that this has helped heal cuts on their faces, etc. i'll let you all know how it works out

i got a sample last week and i love it and makes my skin glowy and flawless and hides my acne... hopefully i wont break out from this..

I'm kind of on the fence about this. It is incredibly silky, but I didn't think the coverage was that great and I'm not certain about the color either. I ordered the lightest shade, but I feel it may be a little dark for me. Anyway, it's going to take a few more uses before I make my final decision to keep it or pass it on.

Excellent foundation. It comes in pressed version that can easily be added to your planner. I apply with a kabuki brush, Trish has a perfectly sized mini kabuki that fits in the planner and works supremely well with the powder. What I love is that there is absolutely no ashy, chalky look to this powder. It is buildable, but even that is not needed for me and I need medium coverage. The color blends well, the feel is silky and almost nonexistent, but the look is gorgeous. Better than any other mineral powder I have used (BE, Jane Iredale, MAC Mineralize, Fresh mineral powder, etc.) It also does not leave the skin looking shimmery, just with a subtle glow. Yes, the price is a bit much, however the quality is beyond excellent and worth it to me for a foudation product and the pure ease of its fit into the planner. But even without a planner I would purchase because of its refined look and feel.

i'm loving the mineral makeup, even if the ingredients aren't as pure as say, jane iredale. it is definitely a step in the right direction (away from talc) and the color seclection is fabulous. i think the value of the product (how long your money will last) is overlooked in discussion of it's price. i consider the value to be fabulous as i will use it for over a year and it cannot spoil unlike liquid based foundations.

i was just introduced to the mercier line about 6 months ago when i developed rosacea and was looking for a top notch concealor. i bought a lot of the stuff, but had real problems with the translucent setting powder that was necessary to set the concealor. they very graciously exchanged the product for me when the mineral powder came out.

love the mercier, baby.

faux

I'm fairly new to this forum but I have been using mineral makeup for some time. I looked up Laura Mercier Minerals and I absolutely will not buy them. They contain Bismuth Oxichloride which we all know makes you itch and can cause breakouts. I'm an everyday mineral fan myself. Carina Rocks.

Emmylynn

Can't wait to hear how you like it. I used to think Bismuth made me itch, but I think mica is actually the culpret.

Is your skin oily or dry? I'm real oily and the Bare Escentuals makes my pores look huge. How does the LM compare?

Okay so I was having a really stressful week last week, and broke out like crazy. I said enough, I should really give those mineral foundations a try. I've never experienced mineral foundations before, and wouldn't believe that they could provide the heavy coverage that I need to cover the occasional acne scar..... until I went to the LM counter and tried it out...

Now this is the first mineral foundation I've ever used so I can't really compare with other brands, but OMG was I impressed! My face looked flawless! The pimples and dull skin that I couldn't manage to cover that morning with my favorite Lancome Idole foundation, were all GONE! GONEeeee!!!!!!!!! In a whim I bough the powder and even tried it on every one of my grilfriends that night! lol! They were all impressed at how flawless it makes the skin look!!

On the downside, I now realize that the lightest color they had is alas a bit too dark for me.. It makes me look a bit tanned... But I think I will still keep it just to see if my skin condition actually improves with this mineral stuff... And 4 colors? WTf! Couldn't they make more?! Ugh.

Another crappy thing about this is that it pretty much rubs off on clothes.. And I don't know if it lasts all day yet cause I only bought it yesterday...

As for the price? I paid 42$CAD for that.. and the quality doesn't even compare with my usual Lancome Idole which costs me 46$CAD!! I don't understand why people complain about the price? If I had easy access to other Mineral brands here in buttlost Canda then maybe I could afford to be picky about the price and quality... but until then I think I'm pretty satisfied with this..... :nixweiss:

Back