Le Matchbox (Jouer Quarterly Subscription) *SPOILERS*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@lauradiniwilk  once I got my box, I was so happy!  I was thinking negative thoughts because so many seemed unhappy with theirs. 

I got the warm box and I am pretty happy with all of the colors - the cashmere is just beautiful - a shimmering antique bronze shade.  The lip balm is so sheer, that it is fine that it is peach (I don't care for peach lipsticks too much).  I found that suntan was much lighter than my sunswept, so I am pretty happy with that!

I don't like brown mascara, so that is the only item I won't use. 

my swatches

jouer.8.jpg

1. Cheek/Lip Tint in Petal
  2. Crème Eyeshadow in Cashmere
  3. Lip Sheer SPF 15 in Lanai
  4. Mineral Powder Bronzer in Suntan
  5. Mattifying Powder Bronzer in Sunswept ~ this is my bronzer that I owned prior, not included in this box, but swatched so you can see the color difference

Thanks for the swatches! Looks like beautiful colors! Can't wait to get mine. Waiting is the hardest part.

I just got home from a work trip and this box was waiting for me.  Why is no one talking about the amazing box itself?  It's lined with that soft velvety stuff they use in jewelry boxes and is just gorgeous.  So glad I passed on getting those stackable jewelry boxes from the container store the other day; I can just use my jouer boxes instead!! 

Organza is beautiful; its probably my favorite item in the box.  Also love the tint and the lip sheer.  Wish they had sent black mascara instead of brown in the cool boxes but whatever.  It's not like I don't own a zillion black mascaras.  I'm tan right now so suntan works but I am going to have a hard time pulling off that shade by September.  Even with the two color issues, this is a fantastic box and I am so happy to have it. 
 I didn't get a box like that.   Mine was a regular  box  filled with   cut up paper..strange

mine had some type of padding in the lid. 
 I didn't get a box like that.   Mine was a regular  box  filled with   cut up paper..strange
Weird!  Mine had the jewelry box type padding in both the lid and in the main part of the box (if you took out the worms).  I definitely preferred this version over the original box, even though both are beautiful.

This might be a little hard to see, but here is a picture of my box (lol):IMG_0415.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
how weird that the boxes seem to be different. I'm interested in seeing what my box is like.

Still waiting on my box :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Waiting for mine as well. Billed in June & still haven't even received a shipping notice. ordered the original box like the second day. So wondering why mine is so late because I jumped right away on this sub. Frustrating to see others with their boxes & mine hasn't even shipped. 

you ladies who haven't even received any shipping on this should call them.  emails are a waste of time, imho, with jouer.

Calling them doesn't work either.  I've called in the past and no one returned my call.

@cpl100  that is strange.  I have called them a few times and each time, I received a call back....

It blows my mind that even the boxes that seem to have so much going for them (this one and Rachel zoe's box of style) have been screwing up with shipping and customer service this month.  Too many vacations?  What's going on?

I tried calling twice. I couldn't get through to a live person. I sent another email. (last time I used the contact form on their website.) This time I used the email address listed on the site.

I called & they said its been shipped but there was a glitch with the tracking number. They were vey nice & they owned it as their glitch. Told me to call back in a few days & if the box hasn't been received. Very nice CS & think its such a new box they're having a few problems.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back