Limited Edition CEW

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my boxes today and can't wait to try everything. I too am most excited about the mass appeal box. I also enjoyed the Birchbox Finds LE they released earlier this year. They should release more of those mass find boxes. My 100% Pure nail polish is Velventeen which is the color Juliette is wearing the the box opening video. I am so happy I got it because I am obsessed with the color. It is a really nice polish. I think I may order a red one for fall. 

I hope I get the Velventeen polish too! Through the whole unboxing video I couldn't keep my eyes off of her nails, it is such a pretty color. 

I got both my boxes today and got the velouria polish. I'm kind of on the fence on the color, but since I have nothing that matches it in my polish collection it will definitely be worth a try.

Anyone else feel like the prestige extras were a bit of a joke? The "mirror" seriously looked like a standard button pin with a mirror on the back. Mine arrived scratched up, so I called be and they will replace it. I guess it will have to stay on a nightstand as in my purse it's going to get all scratched up. I'm surprised they didn't at the very least provide a slip for it so if you wanted to throw it in your purse it wouldn't get all scuffed.

The toe separators...didn't look prestige but I will give them a go. I've always secretly wanted to buy some but figured I can do the job without.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got mine today, too and I agree @rockhoudluna, I like the drugstore one better. The sizes are nice! My nail polish was the boring pale pink that was shown on the picture, and the other items in the prestige box were nice, but small like a typical BB. Not too impressed with my mystery samples, a Cynthia Rowley black eyeliner and a foil packet of No. 4 conditioner...both items I have previously received in BB's. I will eventually use them, just was hoping to try something new. I did order the Marcelle gentle eye make up remover as well, I really like it...wish we could get some samples of eye make up remover in future birchboxes...hint, hint... ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I got the same pale pink polish as well. Also the black Cynthia Rowley but with a coola sunscreen as my pick two. Sorta blah for a pick two. I really like the drug store box. The prestige box isn't bad per se but seems empty and underwhelming I guess.

I am ridiculously in love with that little Vaseline lip gloss. It's so cute! It also feels good on and is not sticky.

I offered my sister whatever she wanted from either of the CEW boxes (I have too much stuff and I always share with her) and the stuff she picked was a couple of the drugstore box items. Between us we are already using the heck out of that box so I'm thinking of buying another.

Forgot to mention that I got Velouria in the prestige box. That is the item I think I like best from that box.

So jelly to hear you all have received your CEW boxes. Mine still says processing. BB responded to me today saying there is some kind of warehouse issue they are going to investigate. Sigh.....

I ordered my box the day they came out and I got it yesterday!  I ordered the mass appeal box, mostly because I was looking to replace my Loreal Butterfly mascara, and it was cheaper out of pocket to get this box than to buy the mascara separately. I used the Tresemme Keratin stuff last night and holy crap is my hair soft and shiny. I looked at the ingredients, and out of the 8, 6 of them are some form of silicone. So be aware of that if you are thinking of the box and are trying to avoid those. However, for me, my hair has responded really well to it. My main hair issue is that while my hair is thick and long, it just sort of wants to poof out and turn into a lion mane so I need a product that will help everything lay right. Also, I am a natural red head and feel like my hair can become dull, so shine enhancing products are welcome. I was just surprised how much I liked the Tresemme stuff. It wasn't even on my radar of things that I would like since I was mainly going to the mascara, but I guess that is the magic of Birchbox. 

I ordered my box the day they came out and I got it yesterday!  I ordered the mass appeal box, mostly because I was looking to replace my Loreal Butterfly mascara, and it was cheaper out of pocket to get this box than to buy the mascara separately. I used the Tresemme Keratin stuff last night and holy crap is my hair soft and shiny. I looked at the ingredients, and out of the 8, 6 of them are some form of silicone. So be aware of that if you are thinking of the box and are trying to avoid those. However, for me, my hair has responded really well to it. My main hair issue is that while my hair is thick and long, it just sort of wants to poof out and turn into a lion mane so I need a product that will help everything lay right. Also, I am a natural red head and feel like my hair can become dull, so shine enhancing products are welcome. I was just surprised how much I liked the Tresemme stuff. It wasn't even on my radar of things that I would like since I was mainly going to the mascara, but I guess that is the magic of Birchbox. 
That mascara is amazing! I just tried it. I would never have thought it would be this awesome, but it's just as effective (maybe more) than Benefit. I can't believe it.

I am really loving the mascara. I have trouble with eye products, my eyes are very sensitive. This mascara has not caused any itching and it has not given me raccoon eyes even though it is hot a muggy out. I also really like the Vaseline Rosy lips. It looks really pretty over my Staniac. 

I tried the Philosophy moisturizer last night and this morning my skin was not red or even pink. It looked amazing and felt so soft. I like the Coola product too, it is very cooling and has a nice scent. I hope BB sends me another one in the future. The nail polish is also a winner for me. I am glad I bought both of these boxes. I am excited to try the rest of the products. 

My boxes came today!  The nail polish was Forever and it's so pretty.  I have been using the butterfly mascara for awhile and having a 4th back-up (I know, I know lol) is very welcome.  The Vaseline is adorable.

I got my box today too and I'm so happy with my nailpolish color. I got "I ♡ you" and I love it haha. I was actually looking at all the colors and was hoping to get this one but didn't expect it as people were getting velveteen and velouria. Birchbox totally read my mind.

20140815_165207.jpg

I got my box today too and I'm so happy with my nailpolish color. I got "I ♡ you" and I love it haha. I was actually looking at all the colors and was hoping to get this one but didn't expect it as people were getting velveteen and velouria. Birchbox totally read my mind.
I was just coming here to post that I got [SIZE=11.818181991577148px]I ♡ you [/SIZE] because I haven't seen anyone else say they got that one. I am also really happy with it, I didn't even look at the colors before (wanted a surprise) but this is definitely one I'd want over most others. 

I agree with everyone who has said that they like the mass appeal box more but the polish makes the other one worth it in the end, especially if you look at it as the mass appeal box costing $15 and the prestige headliners box costing $13 (after the instant $5 off for getting both). I look at it that way because most of us would have gotten the mass appeal box anyway. I have to justify things to myself like this, haha.

im loving the mascara also... tomorrow ill try one eye with my fave benefit theyre real and the voluminous butterfly on the other to see if i see a difference.....

I would normally have bought the luxury box only.  I have the mascara already and it reminds me of the Lancome Fatale brush (kinda).  So I am really pleased with drugstore box.  Agreed about the mirror and toe separators.  I thought, "Oh, great, a pin for my backpack..."  Both boxes are a good buy!

So jelly to hear you all have received your CEW boxes. Mine still says processing. BB responded to me today saying there is some kind of warehouse issue they are going to investigate. Sigh.....
I winded up calling them yesterday morning and was given 100 sorry points and it looks like it is going to be shipped priority so I will receive it on Monday. It has now left the warehouse. YAY!!

I am so loving the products from the prestige box I am considering ordering another one. I need help.

I am so loving the products from the prestige box I am considering ordering another one. I need help.
I understand. Heck, if you need help so do I (and probably lots of us MUT ladies :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> ) I keep on telling myself that ordering extra boxes of stuff I love will save me money in the long run. Which, technically, it will. It's just that I have a mountain of stuff to work through before I'll ever get to the products I'm ordering today :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Oh well. I can't resist getting more stuff in the mail. Perhaps it's a "beauty hoarding" problem I have!

I went ahead and picked up a second set of the cew boxes. I had 200 points burning a hole in my pocket and couldn't pass up the offer. I wish they were doing the burts bees in assorted colors...

I'm in the same boat and it will take awhile for me to work through my stash, but I keep on telling myself that it is economically a good buy.

I now have more hair oils than I know what to do with though...lol

My polish color was Dreamy - and I loooove it. It's not nearly as dark as the color on the website, though - it's very nude on me, with a little sparkle. I'll definitely need a top coat b/c the semi-sandy finish makes me want to peel it off, lol. 

I was a big fan of the JM argan oil already, which is why I jumped on this box combo - and I'm thinking of getting another of the prestige boxes just to get more JM and polish. Plus I use the toe separators for bobbin holders so my thread doesn't unravel all over the place. 

The mass appeal box was full of things I'll use, too - bonus!

I added 2 bars of soap and another chella sharpener so I could get the pick-2 and make the most of the 400 pts/discount code.  My pick-2 came with FOUR samples in it! Davine's all-in-one foil, Cynthia Rowley lip gloss, suki, and english laundry perfume, so that was a very cool little mistake in my favor.  :w00t:

...  My pick-2 came with FOUR samples in it! Davine's all-in-one foil, Cynthia Rowley lip gloss, suki, and english laundry perfume, so that was a very cool little mistake in my favor.  :w00t:
They can keep the Davines but the other three? Awesome!

Back