Lip Balm

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My lip balm is almost off and I want to buy a new one for the fall/winter! I'm thinking of Mac's Lip Conditioner.What do you think?What do you use?

I use the Decleor ones - stick and in the pot - as they don't contain mineral oils or petroleum ie. they sink into the lip rather than just sit on top as many balms do.

I use Burt's Beeswax Lip Balm. It's really cheap but works just fine for me! I like the minty, soothing taste on my lips.
icon_wink.gif

Originally Posted by Sophia My lip balm is almost off and I want to buy a new one for the fall/winter! I'm thinking of Mac's Lip Conditioner.What do you think?What do you use? I've never tried any Mac's products, so I can't comment on that.
I've tried many kinds of brands of lips treatment for fall/winter season none of them work for my sensitive lips. But 2 years ago I found this product; Acseine and it worked great to protect and moisture my lips very well during the dry season. Its Japanese products though and I keep re-buying the product until now.

Over the years I have tried several really good balms. MY HG l/b used to be Candie Kisses, but unfortunately these have been discontinued. Right now I use the Burt's Bees lipbalms and they are amazing. I have also heard great things about the Smith's rosebud salve, this is next on my list to try.

I use the Smith's Rosebud Salve, which is really good but pretty basic. I also use the Kiehl's lip balm.

i used to swear by burt's bees, except for the peppermint oil i HATED, but lately, my last 2 tubes, weren't peppermint-smelling and when i put it on my lips, gave my mouth a HORRIBLE taste and made my breath smell! does that happen to anyone else's? i bought them from 2 different stores, too.

now, i use blistex's clear advance, although i could definitely find better. it's okay for now, though.

i wanna try mac's TLC, especially summerfete, but want a more nude one. any suggestions?

I love plain old Blistex (the original flavor, the others taste gross, I think) -- it's the only one I've tried that keeps my lips soft for hours and it does a great job of healing chapped lips! (If I put a lot on before I go to bed, I can even feel it still on my lips in the morning!)

My favorite lipbalm is Palmer's Cocoa Butter Swivel Stick. It's the most moisturizing balm I've tried, and I don't have problems with chronically chapped lips since I started using this.
smile.gif

I have tried MAC's Lip Conditioner, and though I like it, I think it may have caused breakouts on my lipline.
frown.gif

smith's rosebud salve!!!

LOVE THIS STUFF!!!!

i have one up here at my desk, one in my purse, one in my gym bag and one by my bed. gotta get some more at sephora though cause i'm running out!

Kiehl's for me. Although I do keep a Neutrogena Lip Moisturizer w/ spf15 everywhere: car, bathroom, handbag, bed...

I've been using Burt's Bees which I think is just dandy, but seeing Liz get so excited over a lip balm, I've got to go out and get me some smith's rosebud salve!!!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Nicolet I've been using Burt's Bees which I think is just dandy, but seeing Liz get so excited over a lip balm, I've got to go out and get me some smith's rosebud salve!!!
smile.gif
lol! yeah it's good stuff. very emoilient and it's slightly pink/red so it gives a tiny tiny tinny bit of color.

i would recommend Clinique's Superbalm lip treatment. You can get it clear, or it's available in different shades. It's "Deeply hydrating repair for lips. Instantly provides comfort, cushion. Leaves lips with a healthy, dewy finish and just a hint of tint." I forever trust clinique with my make up needs, so far i've been really satisfied with their products and services
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Liz smith's rosebud salve!!!
LOVE THIS STUFF!!!!

i have one up here at my desk, one in my purse, one in my gym bag and one by my bed. gotta get some more at sephora though cause i'm running out!

Ditto!
I have MAC's TLC in Angel Kiss and now that I have used them, I think that they are overrated. Too expensive and work just the same as any othe chapsticks.

Originally Posted by Marisol Ditto!
I have MAC's TLC in Angel Kiss and now that I have used them, I think that they are overrated. Too expensive and work just the same as any othe chapsticks.

lol. ditto back to you! they're way expensive for something you can get for cheaper

Originally Posted by Trisha 2nd this, dont use vaseline and such guys, it has addictive qualities and when you stop using it your lips will dry out even more x petroleum also actracts the sun like mad, so be careful.
i have rose bud salve, too, and i've never used it. it's my sister's and she loves it, but i hate using my finger to apply. do they have it in stick form?

Originally Posted by Jennifer petroleum also actracts the sun like mad, so be careful.
i have rose bud salve, too, and i've never used it. it's my sister's and she loves it, but i hate using my finger to apply. do they have it in stick form?

i just dip my lips in it. it's mine and i don't let people use my stuff. lol

Latest posts

Back