[LIST] Subscription services

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by LauraBrooks /img/forum/go_quote.gif

POPSUGAR Must Have box.. $35/ month.

I just subbed. Will post how it goes. $35 should be make a good haul but who knows? LOL.
This looks interesting, but $35/month is pricey!  Let us know what you get -- I'm sure I won't be able to resist temptation once I see the actual products.....

POPSUGAR Must Have box.. $35/ month. I just subbed. Will post how it goes. $35 should be make a good haul but who knows? LOL.
I can't find anything on it, do you have the website? I think my lack of sleep is finally getting to my brain :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by eclipsechick08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I can't find anything on it, do you have the website? I think my lack of sleep is finally getting to my brain :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
http://www.popsugar.com/PopSugar-Must-Have-Monthly-Subscription-23634601

Described as "an exciting bag full of fun must-have products from fashion, beauty, home decor, fitness, and more. Our customized collection will include tried-and-true classics, celebrity favorites, and brands you've yet to discover."

Supposedly all full-size items, but $35 a month when it covers THAT many areas....is a bit frightening to me.

Originally Posted by MissMonica /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This looks interesting, but $35/month is pricey!  Let us know what you get -- I'm sure I won't be able to resist temptation once I see the actual products.....
I will. I decided to try it for a month.. Hope it will be fun. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Laura

Originally Posted by eclipsechick08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm sorry. I didn't see this until now. The OP was kind enough to give you the website link.

I think we each have to make up our minds what we are going to try or not try, stay with or drop.

You know?

Laura

Originally Posted by calexxia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Described as "an exciting bag full of fun must-have products from fashion, beauty, home decor, fitness, and more. Our customized collection will include tried-and-true classics, celebrity favorites, and brands you've yet to discover."

Supposedly all full-size items, but $35 a month when it covers THAT many areas....is a bit frightening to me.
Did you see the photos? Tthey say that they offer all handcrafted items..

I'd say there will be many more fashion and home decor items than fitness or beauty, judging from the painted scarves, jewelry, and what appears to be a pottery item and a rug.. I wanted something other than beauty items to try, and this might or might not fit the bill. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thanks for giving the URL. I was not online when the question was asked.

Laura

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Where do you see "handcrafted"?  This is what I see (my bolding):

"Hand-selected" is really meaningless to me.  I'm not finding anything about specific brands or products.
Yes. I am on strong pain meds and in a lot of pain right now. if you don't think you would like Popsugar, then skip it. I won't mention the site again, either pro or con. I'm not opposed to trying it once. It's not like a one way plane ticket to Siberia,gosh.

The site which says they can't replace some items lost or damaged in shipment due to them being hand made is UMBA's box. I signed up at  both sites  on the same day and had them mixed up.  UMBA says their things are handcrafted. IDK, but the photos of their things are pretty.

Popsugar is an unknown to me in terms of what they will send or how much, or anything else. I'm sorry to anyone who might have been misled.

If you want a home accessory, hand painted scarf or handmade jewelry, its UMBA.com. The UMBA box!!

My sincere apologies,

Laura

Originally Posted by calexxia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I signed up and by signed up I just mean I filled in the pop-up block with my e-mail. I haven't recieved an email or anything from them. On the site I see where you can buy individual things but nothing about the must-have box. I'm confused...any help guys? I don't get this service yet

I just signed up for the pop sugar must have box... I'm hoping I don't love it so that I don't end up spending $35/month hahaha 

The cool thing I noticed is that if you refer 2 friends you get 1 month free. not baddddd

MOST sub boxes are charging for a whole month, then shipping at the end of the 2nd month. I don't like it, but I think they use the money to pay for the items they plan on shipping out eventually...

Also, I contacted a nice little company which makes handmade soaps and things, and usually offers a monthly box, and they said they didn't offer one in July because they didn't get enough NEW subscribers. Considering that their boxes are almost ALWAYS sold out when I remember to go buy one for the month ( no month to month contractual agreement), that also tells me that the projected NEW revenue is very important to the companies selling the boxes..

Of course, everyone who is subbing to Popsugar is new. Maybe they don't have enough subscribers to pull a box together yet, IDK. I've certainly not seen a box of anything on their site.

I'll wait and see, and will dispute the charge if they flake out about it all. Since the woman  puts her and her friends' names all over the website, IF they are legit. names, they've covered the transparency part pretty well.

Originally Posted by LauraBrooks /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes. I am on strong pain meds and in a lot of pain right now. if you don't think you would like Popsugar, then skip it. I won't mention the site again, either pro or con. I'm not opposed to trying it once. It's not like a one way plane ticket to Siberia,gosh.

The site which says they can't replace some items lost or damaged in shipment due to them being hand made is UMBA's box. I signed up at  both sites  on the same day and had them mixed up.  UMBA says their things are handcrafted. IDK, but the photos of their things are pretty.

Popsugar is an unknown to me in terms of what they will send or how much, or anything else. I'm sorry to anyone who might have been misled.

If you want a home accessory, hand painted scarf or handmade jewelry, its UMBA.com. The UMBA box!!

My sincere apologies,

Laura
I hope you are feeling better. Pain sucks. I look forward to seeing what you get in Popsugar and UMBA. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Dalylah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I hope you are feeling better. Pain sucks. I look forward to seeing what you get in Popsugar and UMBA. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Thanks. The pain at night is almost intolerable.. Along with the immobility.,..

Back