[LIST] Subscription services

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Both my sister's birthdays are in March and I was thinking of ordering them a gift subscription..Not big into beauty products. They do like scrapbooking. Has anyone seen a scrapbooking sub service?

This is kind of funny to me and I won't be joining because I already have enough subscriptions but thought I'd share anyways!
wink.gif
 http://www.goodandlovely.com/ has a monthly box designed to help us deal with that dreadful time of the month! For $13.99/month you get 4 samples such as teas, Chocolate, aromatherapy etc to help with pms and cramping

Depending on many yards of fabric that has then it may be a good deal. I struggle to find good quality fabrics for cheap prices! Walmart has a lot but they're not the best quality. I usually need two yards though since I make clothes - at somewhere like joannes fabrics it's usually $5-10 per yard.

Originally Posted by freyabecca /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Do you think it is worth $15 a month?

I have a terrible, terrible time of the month (check out the time of the month tiger meme, that's me) so once I cut back on subs I miiiiight actually consider this! It would be nice to have something that helps dispel the crumminess. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by MakeupA /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This is kind of funny to me and I won't be joining because I already have enough subscriptions but thought I'd share anyways!
wink.gif
 http://www.goodandlovely.com/ has a monthly box designed to help us deal with that dreadful time of the month! For $13.99/month you get 4 samples such as teas, Chocolate, aromatherapy etc to help with pms and cramping

Sindulge was mentioned in an article I read about beauty army, I've been waiting for it to get started. I'm excited now!

the beauty survey is SO similar to birchbox.

Apparently you talk to a "consultant" after you sign up but I accidentally x-ed out the page. I don't know what will happen now, but it looks promising!

The questionnaire however is a straight rip off of BirchBox. All the questions and the answers are exactly the same.

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Sindulge was mentioned in an article I read about beauty army, I've been waiting for it to get started. I'm excited now!

Originally Posted by glamourdolleyes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Apparently you talk to a "consultant" after you sign up but I accidentally x-ed out the page. I don't know what will happen now, but it looks promising!

The questionnaire however is a straight rip off of BirchBox. All the questions and the answers are exactly the same.
I just signed up, if you log in you'll schedule an appointment with a consultant, mine is on monday evening!

I signed out and then logged back in and nothing ):

I wonder if its over the phone, email, what? Did it say?

I just signed up, if you log in you'll schedule an appointment with a consultant, mine is on monday evening!

I signed out and then logged back in and nothing ):

I wonder if its over the phone, email, what? Did it say?

Its over your computer, you log in to your account and you can do it via text instant messaging or video. its only 15 minutes.

It asked me to schedule it after I filled out my beauty profile. 

It asked me too but I accidentally closed the window before I got to make an appointment.

Its over your computer, you log in to your account and you can do it via text instant messaging or video. its only 15 minutes.

It asked me to schedule it after I filled out my beauty profile. 

It asked me too but I accidentally closed the window before I got to make an appointment.
Ohh ok, I thought you hadn't filled out your profile yet. I bet if you email them, they can schedule it for you from the back end.

Ahh this is so tempting! The only thing I don't like is that their isn't an FAQ section of the site...and the fact that under "memberships" it says that by paying $12 a month you're saving 33% (off of the $18 value).  So does this mean every box is ONLY worth $18 of products? That's not that big of a difference for a sampling subscription...and also I have no idea how their point system works! They don't have information on it!

I emailed them, just waiting for a reply but since its Saturday, I am sure I will have to wait til Monday.

Ohh ok, I thought you hadn't filled out your profile yet. I bet if you email them, they can schedule it for you from the back end.

I was a little confused about the "value" too but even at that, that's $6 more than you have spent. If you get your $12 worth then its worth it. It's nice to get stuff over the cost but definitely not a deal breaker, imo.

Originally Posted by javagirl87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ahh this is so tempting! The only thing I don't like is that their isn't an FAQ section of the site...and the fact that under "memberships" it says that by paying $12 a month you're saving 33% (off of the $18 value).  So does this mean every box is ONLY worth $18 of products? That's not that big of a difference for a sampling subscription...and also I have no idea how their point system works! They don't have information on it!

That's true, I guess what i'm most interested in is that fact that it seems like it's going to really cater to each person. I'll have to keep thinking on this one...i'm already signed up for way to many! (BB, LookBag, Sample Society, Blissmo and LoveWithFood). I'm hoping LoveWithFood isn't that great and I can cancel it after my free box...or Sample Society since it's more expensive. With my luck they'll all be great!

I was a little confused about the "value" too but even at that, that's $6 more than you have spent. If you get your $12 worth then its worth it. It's nice to get stuff over the cost but definitely not a deal breaker, imo.

I wish I had the willpower to only get 5. I have 11 :/

Originally Posted by javagirl87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That's true, I guess what i'm most interested in is that fact that it seems like it's going to really cater to each person. I'll have to keep thinking on this one...i'm already signed up for way to many! (BB, LookBag, Sample Society, Blissmo and LoveWithFood). I'm hoping LoveWithFood isn't that great and I can cancel it after my free box...or Sample Society since it's more expensive. With my luck they'll all be great!

I wish I had the willpower to only get 5. I have 11 :/

Hahaha, I'm right there with you. I've lost count...I need to cancel something before next month lol.

Originally Posted by freyabecca /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Do you think it is worth $15 a month?

I'm not sure yet. It was a fat quarter of satin fabric and some Martha Stewart glitter that were probably the most expensive parts of the box. I'll try to look into the cost of the items. The box itself is a nice storage box with a label window though. Somehow I feel like I might do better going into the clearance section of Jo Ann Fabrics though.

I think the Whimsey Box is a cute idea, but I feel like it's not very helpful. Usually when I want to make/sew things I already have an idea in my mind of what I want to use/what colors I need...so I don't know if I'd be okay with getting a random box full of stuff (even though it does seem like good stuff). This just came to my mind because I realized how much I hate pink haha

I keep a very tight excel spreadsheet on all my boxes. When I was charged, when I received it and when it was blogged about. I have GoGoGirlfriend and they're behind about 3 months so I didn't want to lose track and that is the only way I could think of doing it.

Hahaha, I'm right there with you. I've lost count...I need to cancel something before next month lol.

In other news, sindulge emailed me back, which is cool since it's Saturday, about the consultation:

[SIZE=11pt]Hi Vanessa,[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Thank you for signing up with us at Sindulge.com.  I apologize for the issue you experienced.  I will get a link to you by Monday morning. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Have a great weekend.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Regards,[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Jaivin Karnani[/SIZE]
Woohoo!!

Back