[LIST] Subscription services

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I'm going to cave and get the 6 month sub soon...Ro gets so excited when I get mail and has to stick his nose into all my packages anyway, maybe if I got him his own, it'd keep him entertained for a while, lol.

Originally Posted by glamourdolleyes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I showed my husband the barkbox and he told me to get it. I went to sign up and it was $25 a month. That's a little more than I wanted to spend considering my do has 40 toys all over anyways. The $17 a month is if you buy 6 months ahead
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Nice, yay! I too keep a spreadsheet, but I'm a huge slacker on it, lol, mostly because it needs to be updated too often because I have too many subs. 

i would seriously PAY someone to make me an excel template to keep track of my boxes. msg me if interested

ugh...i tried to not open up this discussion.   i caved...thanks again, my fellow beauties, for the website and promo code to sindulge:/

YEah, I just "sindulged", too....

And I went annual on Birchbox......

ETA: Well, apparently my sindulgence didn't happen! I realized I'd forgotten to hit "submit" and when I saw that the tab was still open and went to do exactly that--it said that I needed items in my cart to be able to checkout....I took it as a sign that I SHOULD NOT sign up for this one just yet :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by freyabecca /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am becoming a beauty sample box addict. Ahhhh!

You're not alone. I'm right there with you! I LOVE getting those little boxes!
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by pinktergal /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You're not alone. I'm right there with you! I LOVE getting those little boxes!
biggrin.gif

Yup, it definitely is an addiction. 

Barkbox looks awesome, but my dog is elderly and only has 10 teeth so I doubt there'd be much for him in there.

I thought $17 was pretty bad considering my dog has everything he ever wanted and needed but it was a cute idea, but $25, wow!! I haven't found many reviews, I have seen pictures of peoples pets with toys from their box but no actual "review".

I know it is totally for parents enjoyment because once the next toy comes in, my dog doesn't even remember the last one so it would just be me saying hes so cute with his new toy and that would be that LOL it's such an adorable concept though!

Originally Posted by javagirl87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh no! Jeez those tricksters! Yeah 17 a month isn't bad but I would never spend 25.  I wonder if you can look up some reviews and see if it would be worth it to do the 6 months one. But dogs are so easy to please it doesn't really matter, mine just inherits 1-2 of my old stuffed animals every month haha. She was taken from her mom too early so she can't sleep without a stuffed animal in her mouth...even though she's 3.5 years old! I guess it's more for the "parent's" enjoyment huh? haha

Awww, how cute!!!

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think I'm going to cave and get the 6 month sub soon...Ro gets so excited when I get mail and has to stick his nose into all my packages anyway, maybe if I got him his own, it'd keep him entertained for a while, lol.

Welcome! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by makeupgooroo8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i signed up too - thanks for sharing!!

I set up my consultation with Sindulge and now I am just sitting and waiting, it was supposed to be at 4pm. Granted, it's only 4:05 but I don't know what I am supposed to be doing. I logged into my account like they said to do and nothing.

Has anyone had their consultation yet?

Originally Posted by glamourdolleyes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I set up my consultation with Sindulge and now I am just sitting and waiting, it was supposed to be at 4pm. Granted, it's only 4:05 but I don't know what I am supposed to be doing. I logged into my account like they said to do and nothing.

Has anyone had their consultation yet?

I "had" mine, by which I mean I logged in like I was supposed to and nothing happened. I tried to email them but it wouldn't let me send the message....I cancelled my subscription already. What a waste of my time.

Ok, I had to email them and they had to send me a link to an alternate location. I am putting my transcript below if anyone wants to check it out, it was fairly easy flowing and simple.

Christina has joined the chat.

Christina: Hi Vanessa, this is your beauty expert Christina! How are you?

Vanessa: I am great, how are you?

Christina: Great! Did you have any trouble logging in? I believe your appointment was for 4pm.

Vanessa: I was logged in but nothing showed up, I emailed and they told me to go through an alternate link.

Christina: Gotcha! Sorry, we'be been working through some tech issues today, apologies for the confusion!

Vanessa: I understand :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Christina: Let's talk beauty :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Tell me about your skincare and beauty needs

Vanessa: I am not into skin care too much, I do like moisturzing and facial masks but I don't have any problems with acne or need for anti aging. Anything make up related is needed! haha

Christina: That's great to hear you don

Christina: don't have many issues in the skincare department

Vanessa: I do have dry skin but nothing too serious.

Christina: as far as makeup is concerned, what types of products are you interested in trying or would you care to add to your beauty routine?

Christina: I've got a great hydrating primer that is perfect for dry skin in addition to making your foundation/face product look flawless I will include in your sample kit this month!

Vanessa: I don't have any restrictions really. I have an ever growing collection and love to try new things.

Christina: That's wonderful to hear, we've got many products for you to try. Especially for this upcoming spring season! As far as your dry skin, do you exfoliate often? That will help with the dullness and prep for a better application for makeup overall.

Vanessa: I exfoliate in the shower, and sometimes at night before I go to bed. so I would say about every other day.

Christina: Great! Sounds like you are pretty on top of it then!   What is your preferred makeup style? Do you stay natural to classic or like a good amount of color and trendy style?

Vanessa: I can go either way, I like both :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Christina: Just want to gage your style so we know exactly what to send and what will work for you in your sample kits ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Christina: Ok great! Any other beauty questions you have for me? I am all ears1

Vanessa: Not at the moment.

Christina: Wonderful, so I will be sure to include that primer for you, in addition to some fantastic eyeliners, nail polish and a few great new makeup products to try. We'll stick to cosmetic rather than skincare for your sample packs to start seeing as that's what you prefer

Vanessa: Sounds fantastic!

Christina: You can expect your sample bag to ship out one week after our first consult. We'll have a second consultation next month to check in and see how you liked everything. Feel free to check out our blog in the meantime for all the latest beauty tips and tricks!

Vanessa: Ok, do we have consultations every month?

Christina: Yes! It comes along with your membership. We are here to answer any beauty questions you may have, in addition to checking in on how your liking the products we've sent you for that month. Pretty cool, huh?!

Vanessa: That is awesome, very different :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Christina: Can't wait for you to see all the great makeup items i'll be sending your way!

Vanessa: Thank you so much!

Christina: We've got to wrap up now, if you have any questions please feel free to email us directly or post on our Facebook! Have a fabulous day, I enjoyed chatting with a fellow makeup lover like yourself :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Vanessa: Will do, thanks, have a great night.

Christina: You too! Take care.

Disconnected by the operator. Chat session has ended.

Nice. I'll email them in the morning on wednesday before my consultation to make sure that I have the correct link. 

And it is cool that you pretty much steer them to what types of products you want that month.

Does anyone have experience with Whimseybox?

I'm new to the subscriptions thing but just signed up for Birchbox and would love to try out Whimseybox as well. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I found another beauty box! Goodebox. Looks like the first box has not yet shipped out. It is $16/month though. So I may wait until I see the first box to even think about subscribing. 

http://goodebox.com/

From their website: Goodebox is a members only service providing trial sized healthy, eco-sensitive, innovative & effective beauty and personal care products, along with occasional samples of natural & organic health and wellness products.  Each month, members receive 6 or  more trial sized healthy beauty & personal care products. Members also receive exclusive discounts, giveaways, sneak peeks at upcoming products, practical tips and more.

They also let you include allergies and/or if you would only like vegan products. 

I think its AWESOME! Yes Beauty Army lets you choose your samples but even if you put you want make up, you get a ton of skin care and you have to take the quiz several times to get things you want. Hopefully these boxes will be more tailored, if they are, I can see Sindulge ruling a lot of the sample box wars!

Originally Posted by snllama /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Nice. I'll email them in the morning on wednesday before my consultation to make sure that I have the correct link. 

And it is cool that you pretty much steer them to what types of products you want that month.

I looked into Goodebox a bit and i'm not sure how I feel about it.  They don't seem to be answering any of the customer's questions on their FB and I can't find any reviews for their february box which supposedly shipped on the 15th...

Originally Posted by snllama /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I found another beauty box! Goodebox. Looks like the first box has not yet shipped out. It is $16/month though. So I may wait until I see the first box to even think about subscribing. 

http://goodebox.com/

They also let you include allergies and/or if you would only like vegan products. 

So I happened upon a new service yesterday. I put myself on the waitlist just for fun but I probably won't end up signing up. They are very brand new so I would be a little wary, but you can check it out.

http://karasway.com/

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Karas-Way/162545647196367

"Kara's Way is an exciting monthly surprise box of eco friendly beauty and body care samples. For only $15 a month, we send you a handpicked assortment of at least 5 samples- anything from lipgloss to perfumes to lotions and more! Subscribe today!"

So what do you guys think?

Originally Posted by pharmatwizz /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So I happened upon a new service yesterday. I put myself on the waitlist just for fun but I probably won't end up signing up. They are very brand new so I would be a little wary, but you can check it out.

http://karasway.com/

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Karas-Way/162545647196367

"Kara's Way is an exciting monthly surprise box of eco friendly beauty and body care samples. For only $15 a month, we send you a handpicked assortment of at least 5 samples- anything from lipgloss to perfumes to lotions and more! Subscribe today!"

So what do you guys think?

Looks interesting but a lot of things that are coming out are 15 and up, and that just kind of kills it for me. I don't know why 10 and 12 sound so cheap but 15 is just too much. 

Back