Little Lace Box March 2016 Serendipity / April Box *SPOILERS*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine just started moving too :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.  So what do you ladies think of when you think NY?  I hope the witch brownies aren't in there either if you are going to do food with a NY theme Brownies is not what comes to mind--- juniors cheesecake anyone nom nom nom.

Mine is here! Yea!

Spoilers:

Mini brass leaf and puddle ring (you have to order your size)

Bellapierre body butter or scrub

Travel laundry bag

Tea towel

Beekman 1802 lip balm

99 problems notepad

Rifle paper Mother's Day card

Knot and bow confetti

I like everything except maybe the confetti. I don't know what I'd do with it. The laundry bag is canvas and is a partner company of the vine street market company, which is funny for me because I just got back from a trip where I used the heart canvas market bag as a laundry bag.

I think it's weird they included Bellapierre, most people don't like it. It's on the cheaper end of cosmetics and didn't we get the confetti in a PopSugar box before? I haven't gotten my box yet, but something really says NY to me. 

Mmmm.  Nothing in this box screams New York, except maybe the travel laundry bag!  Mine is scheduled to arrive today also.  Hope I like it much better when I see the box!

I think they were going for a "small business you find in a little corner of New York" as opposed to a glamorous bright lights etc. a lot of the stuff is actually repeats of past boxes (tea towel, notepad) but it is the stuff that I liked so I am good with that. The tea towel has a New York design. The notepad refers to Jay Z who is from Brooklyn. So the box is a very roundabout way to relate to New York and travel in general I guess. I don't know anything about Bellapierre but the letter says retail value is $80, which is outrageous to me and probably way overpriced.

The ring looks a little interesting.  Would love the larger leaf ring.  RV on scrub or butter is way inflated I think.  But all items are something that I will use.  I love the tea towel, hoping it has the NY print on it and not Brooklyn or Brownstone.

So I just opened my box and to be honest I was pretty disappointed. I m not a fan of sending codes for items and they ve been doing that a lot lately.Every once in a while is a fun surprise but not every box.  While they did not go the touristy route (phew) I didn't feel the theme really at all lip balm, a pad of paper, body butter,a laundry bag, and towel just don't do it for me-- yes the towel and bag have a ny "theme" but just looking at the items I d never say oh the theme was NY I also feel like its missing a big fun item.  Another canvas bag is a little boring after just receiving one (even if it is for a different purpose) the lip balm, confetti, and pad feel like fillers. The playbill letter was cute and I got excited reading it-- black and white cookies yes please and then felt totally let down going thru the actual box.  Oh well its not a bad box just not a great one for me either.  Hope everyone enjoys their items more than I do :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.  Not sure if I ll stay subscribed for the next box the theme is a heavenly day (not sure what that even means in terms of items) Have a great day ladies!

Last edited by a moderator:
I got mine today, and I like it a lot. I really wasn't sure what to expect with the theme, but I was hoping for something "fashiony" which I got with the ring, so yay! I generally really like their taste in jewelry.

I just got back from a couple of weekend trips and wish I'd had the laundry bag for them! It feels like a nice quality, between that and the tote/shopper, Im impressed by that company and will likely purchase from them next time I'm in the market for canvas goods. That and the tea towel are the biggest hits of the box for me. This is a box where I will use pretty much everything... I have tons of lotion, but I bet the body butter will still be good come fall when I'll want a heavier lotion again.

Anyway, I think the next theme sounds like something they could really excel at - cool finds that make you feel relaxed and happy was my interpretation :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I bought a one time box with a coupon to just try LLB out, and I have to say I like everything in the box. I got the body scrub and I had just run out of mine so this was perfect timing. I love the tea towel, I can never have enough of them. The ring looks interesting, will have to see it in person. I am debating on whether to purchase a subscription while they are on sale. I liked this box, but man I think I have one too many subs now LOL. 

I really like this month's box. Like others have stated, it doesn't necessarily  scream New York, but I get it. I only lived in New York for four years, but I did get a good feel for it. It's difficult to try to capture it in a box, especially since each burough has its own personality. 

Body scrub: Yes! I was so happy I recieved the scrub over the body butter. I had just purchased two tubs of Soap & Glory body butter (love that stuff), so I didn't need more. Even though BellaPierre is a brand often in BoxyCharm, this scrub seems to really be high quality. I love the scent and it's perfect for getting my skin ready for swimming pool season. Also, I've been hanging on to the peach scrub from last June, now I can finish it off.

Leaf and Puddle ring: So happy their including the brass version instead of the silver. This ring makes me think of "Autumn in New York" all the way. 

Mother's Day card: Unfortunately, this is my least favorite item, only because I absolutely can't use it. Everyone's mother is not still alive, and I can't use it for a "mother figure" either. The version I received was of a daughter mimicking her mother putting on make up and reads "To the mother that taught me everthing" (or something to that effect). It's just so highly specified. Maybe I can give it to one of my students to give to her mother... It was a nice thought that fits great for the mainstream, but not for those outside the norm

New York Tea Towel: (New York text with red graphics) Love it! Can't have too many tea towels and it fits my kitchen well. I've never had a New York pretzel, but definitely a few NY street hot dogs, lol!

Notepad: LOL #Jay-Z, #Lemonade ....Is this a happy coincidence?

Lip balm: Great brand, great quality

Travel Laundry bag: I really need to do more travelling. This is a very useful item that can have so many purposes.

Really looking forward to June's theme!  

This is my third Little Lace Box, and I couldn't be happier.  I would have never actually purchased any of the items I received, which is exactly why I need this subscription in my life!!!  I took a peek at the spoilers (I can't help myself), and was crossing my fingers for the body scrub, but I received the body butter instead.  I was pleasantly surprised--it is super thick, but still light and creamy, and has a beautiful, light scent that's perfect for bedtime.  The aloe and iris lip balm smells divine, and makes my lips tingly, which I love (is that weird, lol)!   I would have never found these adorable tea towels, but just adore the art work!  These wonderful surprises, and splurges are exactly what I'm looking for.  No, this box does not scream New York in the way that I was expecting.   BUT, being a Long Island girl, I am super excited that the small businesses of New York got some love, and people all over the country get to experience some New York products that they may not have tried otherwise!  I've been buying the boxes individually as I go, but I just decided to purchase a six month subscription because I know that I will love whatever comes next!!!

I placed an order for a year sub to Serendipity when subscriptions opened. Within 15 minutes, my money was refunded and my account deleted. Completely gone. I sent an email to see what was going on. They responded to me with: Hi Tiffanyt92, we will look into this for you.

That's my MuT username. It is in no way associated with my LLB account. So beware, they are still trolling forums and punishing people that say bad things about them.

I swore I would never sub to them again, but in a moment of sub box addiction I caved! I'm actually glad I did try to resub, it reminded me that they don't deserve my money.

I placed an order for a year sub to Serendipity when subscriptions opened. Within 15 minutes, my money was refunded and my account deleted. Completely gone. I sent an email to see what was going on. They responded to me with: Hi Tiffanyt92, we will look into this for you.

That's my MuT username. It is in no way associated with my LLB account. So beware, they are still trolling forums and punishing people that say bad things about them.

I swore I would never sub to them again, but in a moment of sub box addiction I caved! I'm actually glad I did try to resub, it reminded me that they don't deserve my money.
Wow that's beyond crazy that they would address you by your username and go to the extent of figuring out who you are as their customer. I don't think I've ever heard of a company doing that. Not very professional in my opinion. MUT is for all of you, our incredible members, to talk about subs and makeup and beauty and to support each other. If a company is reading the posts to perhaps better their service or product etc it's one thing but to address you in that manner is another and then take the action they did. All I can say that it's a very different way of doing business. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Back