LMAO!!!!! Fake MAC

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, I'm back with the pictures. I spend the whole morning posting some messages elsewhere to make my postings to 10. I wonder why we could only start posting links and pictures only after reaching 10? Ok let me try posting the 1st picture...

I previously wanted to post this link, this was where I compared the labels and confirmed the ones I received were FAKE!

Counterfeit MAC packaging comparison | Specktra.Net

Oh I couldn't post the picture...

Ok let's hope it will work this time. I spent the whole morning resizing the pictures and cropping them. What a lot of job...

62931-rsz_dsc01153.jpg

Ok above posted are part of the high replicas I received from MAGENTA-SHORES in ebay. Do they look like real at first sight? Here are more pictures

Compare above with the below real ones

62931-rsz_dsc01151.jpg

Then the back of the boxes, you can see the authentic ones have ingredients list in normal font and powder, eye shadows in bold while fake ones are all in bold.

62931-rsz_dsc01154.jpg

62931-rsz_dsc01152.jpg

MAC Blushers comparison, actually the fake ones on the left has a bolder "M.A.C" printing on the cover as compared to the authentic ones on the right. The fake ones are like the ones printed on the MAC skinfinishes. Not sure if you can spot it in the picture.

62931-rsz_dsc01155.jpg

Notice the ingredients list, the authentic ones are in normal font, fake ones are bold throughout.

62931-rsz_dsc01157.jpg

Look at the color of the fonts, pale yellow on the Fakes (left) and silver on the authentic ones (right)

Blusher pots

62931-rsz_dsc01158.jpg

Whole lot comparison

62931-rsz_dsc01161.jpg

Eye shadow pots

62931-rsz_dsc01173.jpg

I can't tell the difference, what about you?

62931-rsz_dsc01172.jpg

Almost identical, just a little misalignment of some labels for the fake ones.

62931-rsz_dsc01171.jpg

Did you notice that the ingredients list on the authentic ones are in normal font while fake ones in bold?

62931-rsz_dsc01170.jpg

Fake and authentic Shroom, color is similar, I didn't swatch because I plan to return.

62931-rsz_dsc01162.jpg

I'm not sure if you can see this clearly but I wanted to point out the lips of the pots, they are different.

62931-rsz_dsc01163.jpg

Did you notice that the fake ones on the left have a thicker flip connector as compared the the authentic ones on the right?

62931-rsz_dsc01164.jpg

Here comes the pigments, I don't own a single pigment yet so I can't compare them. If the blushers and eye shadows are high replicas, the pigments she sent can't be authentic too! I do have one suspicion and I hope someone can help me. I find that the inner covers have some numbers printed but they are all the same numbers 3250, 3251 and 12 and some characters, I have one zoom in picture below. Can some kind souls pls help to check on your authentic pigments what numbers are on the inner cover? Many many thanks! I don't think it has the same numbers for all MAC pigments.

62931-rsz_dsc01165.jpg

62931-rsz_dsc01166.jpg

62931-rsz_dsc01167.jpg

62931-rsz_dsc01168.jpg

62931-rsz_dsc01169.jpg

The only thing I didn't do is to depot the eye shadows to prove that the pans are indented ring instead of flat and smooth pans. I'll do it if need to appeal for my case.

Counterfeit MAC packaging comparison | Specktra.Net

Above website offer a better closeup for the eye shadow pots' lip pictures.

Ladies, what do you think of these? Aren't they high replicas? Will you mistake them as genuine and authentic at first sight?

Magenta-shores knew that they are high replicas but insist that they are genuine and authentic goods, reported feedback abuse when I said that they are all fake and high replicas. Everything is set as private in her auctions and I managed to find some buyers reselling these items. All you need is diligence to backtrack the buyers.

This is the worst fake I've seen on ebay [so far]:

!Bbs(V1QCGk~%24(KGrHqMH-C0Equyk1qOWBK)Nn8M76!~~_35.JPG

Come on...seriously??? It's the Coastal Scents 88 Palette with "MAC" painted on it. But sadly, some people believe it's authentic...since it did have 21 bids and last time I checked, was going for $71+

When bidding for this ends, I'm sure that one sad person will have paid over $100 for something that costs $18.95 on Coastalscents.com.

Oh that's terrible. Yes, these are the 88 palettes which Coastal Scents take from a factory in China. The same factory will print on the palettes anything you want for free for a minimum order of 500 palettes! So this become a good source of profits for the ebay sellers. I'm feeling heartache for the buyer, hope that she knows that it's fake eventually and gets a refund.

This really is sad. Like they don't think established mac users aren't going to notice this phoney baloney. Sadly more so new users to mac are getting fooled.

I am sorry but I think people are so naive!!! Look:

Dibujo.jpg

The 120 palette version B that you can buy for 19.99 is being sold for $125 dollars saying its MAC PRO!!! And 5 of those have been sold!! Seriously people should do some research before buying this stuff!! When has MAC EVER sold a 120 palette?? I am new to MAC but if MAC one day sells a 120 palette (I don't think we'll see that anytime soon =P) it wouldn't cost $125 dollars... =P I feel sorry though for those people with $125 dollars you could buy 6 of those palettes...

Look I just found this question and look at the answer!!! COME ON!!!

Q: I'M A MAC PRO ARTIST AND I CALLED THE STORE AND MAC DO NOT HAVE A 120 PALETTE .WHAT'S THE DEAL WITH THESE PRODUCTS AND WHAT'S THE TRUE BRAND OF THESE SHADOWS? Oct-21-09

A: Hi, I understand your concern. MAC launches a lot of their products almost monthly from the MAC pro stores and retail stores (Hello Kitty, Fafi, N collection, Holiday collections. etc). All of these that I list are no longer sold in retail stores and eBay buyer like with a MAC Pro membership and is also a makeup artist have to purchase through eBay for some of these discontinued limited edition products. To make my point, these items were limited edition and are currently "not available" at a store. I have tried to go directly to a MAC store and ask them and they said it was likely a limited edition item and was discontinued. No one is going to remember every edition, palettes, or brushes that were sold every year so they can't tell you anything else besides they don't have it in the store. My wholesaler that I buy from goes to the MAC warehouse sales and pick up these products as well as many other items that I get from him for myself. That's why they are on sale and sold on eBay for a cheaper price. Once again, these items are warehouse overstock. I receive numerous of these e-mails weekly with the same question. If you are not interested or are seriously concerned, then I suggest you purchase your items directly at a MAC store and they provide proof of receipt. Maybe you should question the ones that are selling them from China. Thank you for your concern.

These are hilarious! Im good at spotting fakes, so I havent had too much of a problem with this stuff.

However, I bought pigments online one time. The person had used pictures of REAL pigments on ebay,

but the pigments she sent me werent the ones in the picture. I tried to report it, but she mysteriously vanished. of course.

Well i have some of these same pigments i bought off of ioffer, i have no problem with mines. And yes; i knew they were fake before i bought them.

Originally Posted by sandrafw22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Well i have some of these same pigments i bought off of ioffer, i have no problem with mines. And yes; i knew they were fake before i bought them.
With all due respect, if you knew they were fake, what made you decide to purchase them?

And this is just make-up. Never mind clothing, shoes and handbags which are more common, and are counterfited more.

This is why I never order MAC or any other street make-up brand on-line. I always go to the brick and mortar store. At least in NA, they're still authentic store fronts, unlike in China or in any Chinatown in any NA city. If I can't make it to a physical store, then I order it by phone from that store. For example, Frends, Naimies, Alcone.

There are two kinds of people who buy fake MAC or whatever product that's on today's menu. And they are: Amatures and Dealers.

Amatures - Wannabe MUA's, yeah they are make-up junkies, but who isn't? If you want to buy fake MAC and put it on yourself, go knock yourself out, no one is stopping you. Just don't fool us into thinking how clever you are for saving a few bucks on a big haul. You're only lying to yourself, becasue the rest of us Pros know better. Unfortunately, these amatures give us hard working freelancers, Pros and retailers who work for MAC, and MAC itself a bad rap by posting positive reviews about these fakes on make-up boards and on YouTube or what have you.

Dealers - Yeah these guys are just like drug dealers, they buy the fakes in bulk and sell it at rock bottom prices to whomever they can as fast as they can via social media outlets and reseller sites.

I know I am preaching to the choir here. but it's gotta be said.

Originally Posted by vogueboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Amatures - Wannabe MUA's, yeah they are make-up junkies, but who isn't? If you want to buy fake MAC and put it on yourself, go knock yourself out, no one is stopping you. Just don't fool us into thinking how clever you are for saving a few bucks on a big haul. You're only lying to yourself, becasue the rest of us Pros know better. Unfortunately, these amatures give us hard working freelancers, Pros and retailers who work for MAC, and MAC itself a bad rap by posting positive reviews about these fakes on make-up boards and on YouTube or what have you.

Dealers - Yeah these guys are just like drug dealers, they buy the fakes in bulk and sell it at rock bottom prices to whomever they can as fast as they can via social media outlets and reseller sites.

I know I am preaching to the choir here. but it's gotta be said.
Oh I agree with you. I just don't get the purpose of buying - intentionally - fake MAC just because it looks like MAC. There are so many other inexpensive dupes from reputable companies if someone wants a product that looks like MAC.

BTW - speaking of fake store fronts. In China it's not uncommon to find fake store fronts with popular companies. I've seen fake Apple stores posted online where it looks like real Apple products, the stores look like real Apple stores but like in fake cosmetics there are warning signs that it's a fake. It really wouldn't surprise me if in China there were fake MAC stores and fake Sephora-like stores with fake cosmetics. Unfortunately the Chinese government refuses to do anything about it - for the most part - because it's money to them which is why the counterfeit market is so strong.

Like you I buy only from reputable sources - if I can in-store and if I can't via the company's online store. I rather pay full price for a product then waste all of my money on a fake because that's exactly what people do when they buy fakes - waste money in order to try to "save" money.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh I agree with you. I just don't get the purpose of buying - intentionally - fake MAC just because it looks like MAC. There are so many other inexpensive dupes from reputable companies if someone wants a product that looks like MAC.

BTW - speaking of fake store fronts. In China it's not uncommon to find fake store fronts with popular companies. I've seen fake Apple stores posted online where it looks like real Apple products, the stores look like real Apple stores but like in fake cosmetics there are warning signs that it's a fake. It really wouldn't surprise me if in China there were fake MAC stores and fake Sephora-like stores with fake cosmetics. Unfortunately the Chinese government refuses to do anything about it - for the most part - because it's money to them which is why the counterfeit market is so strong.

Like you I buy only from reputable sources - if I can in-store and if I can't via the company's online store. I rather pay full price for a product then waste all of my money on a fake because that's exactly what people do when they buy fakes - waste money in order to try to "save" money.
Well said Zadidoll. China is the ultimate Capitalist nation bar none. They're just inexperienced at it, that's why they don't follow the rules of business very well, because it's lost in the translation... Literally. I am sure you've seen Chinese signs translated into English? At anyrate, like you said, that's why the blackmarket is so big and elaborate over there because they think it's good and big business.

However, what worries me, is that the NA economic classes are becoming poorer and poorer and is becoming a bigger part of the economic landscape. Sure we all look down on people who shop at Wal-mart, but we all shop there, because it's what we can afford. Now, is buying fakes not too far behind? Because it's what we can afford?

Now this is what really scares me. China in a few years will do the US what the US did to the Soviet Union back in the very late 80's... They bankrupted them. And China will bankrupt the US by buying them out. Ah the cost of doing business. Anyways, this thread is becoming political and is getting way off topic.

Whenever I get an actor in my chair, sometimes they get inquisitive and ask what products I am using in the course of our conversation, and like you zadidoll, I reassure them that I am using the real deal of whatever brand I am using on them. It makes me feel good that they feel they can trust me and they feel at ease. This is especially true of US talent coming up here when they don't bring their Personal with them.

I agree. I'd rather pay full price for the real thing, than to 'save' a dollar buying something fake.

Latest posts

Back