Luxor Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is the spoiler for the July box

luxor box July spoilers.png

I just received my box. 

1. The Julian pouch: it is a pretty color and the leather is soft but it is tiny, $195.

2.  Dr. Gerald Imber Revitalizing Beta Hydroxy Mask, $115. I love skin care products.

3. Dartington Crystal Medium Crescent Clock, $85. I was hoping for a vase or anything but a clock.  Sort of reminds me of an anniversary gift from a large corporation.  

4. Graphic Image Jotter, $41, Jotter card refill, $3.75, and Leather Wrap Pen, $40.  Out of everything, this is what made me excited as I like to write thoughts or reminders on paper.  This set is a combination of practical  and cute in a stately type of way; if that makes any sense.  

IMG_8642.JPG

This was my first Luxor Box.  I like the pocket jotter the most.  I got red which is the color I wanted least, but luckily I found someone to swap with me, so i ended up with the black.

I kind of like the clock, but it definitely has that corporate vibe to it.  I like that it's clear so I can style it with different objects in the background, but I think the shape could be different.

The face mask seems so luxe, but I'm thinking of swapping it because oils tend to break my face out and I would hate to try it just to discover it causes problems for me.

The pouch is nice, but not my style.

I saw a spoiler for the September box on MSA - a Holycon Days bangle.  It looks cute, but I wish we could choose our color because there's only two I really like (they show six colors).  I'm also worried about size - I have tiny wrists so it may be too big for me.  Of course, it also may be too small for other ladies.

Is anyone getting the Black Box?  Think they will release a couple "extras" before they ship?  They tend to do that right?

They normally don't release any spoilers except at the beginning unless they are having a hard time selling.  I would not touch $650.00 box with a 20foot pole!  Either the 10 was left over from the first sale or they have extras.  I have only seen 2 spoilers (the backpack and cosmetics bag).  Can't wait to see more spoilers though, I will have to troll around once they ship!

I didnt get the summer one. But did just buy the black box. I was hoping they would offer additional ones for sale. 

Looks like my September box has shipped. This will determine if I keep the box or not. I haven't been too excited by the last ones and they seem more focused on their limited editions now. Also, it seems with the variations I get the item I liked least. But I'm at the $95 price, so it will be tough to quit.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have had September box shipping info for a few days, but when I click on the tracking # link it still says it can't be found.  Has anyone's box shown movement yet?

My box hasn't moved neither. It does have today's date as the shipping date. I noticed they always send me a shipping notice with a ship date for a few days later.

I’m disappointed in my box and that the entire box is variations. I received the items I wanted the least, sunflower vase and compact, red bracelet. Also, no joke, my perfume smells like dish soap. I reached out to them about this and they said customers prefer the variations and since they now have 1,500 subscribers, they can’t for example send us all the same color bracelet. I wonder if that’s true, how many subscribers did Rachel Zoe have for her first box and we all received the same cuff. Maybe the brands Luxor works with have extremely limited stock, but I keep seeing the same brands, so maybe it’s time to branch out to other companies. I’m at the $95 price so it’s hard to let go, but I think I will, I have a week left to decide before I’m charged for November. It seems like when they do the big ticket item as a variation or in this case, the whole box, I get the items I want the least.

They told me sometimes these types of boxes are not for everyone and I get that, but it’s sad because this used to be a great box to me. I would have loved this box if I had received any other color besides sunflowers and I wish they would stop putting perfume in the boxes if it doesn’t count as a bonus since scent is something hard to get right if you don’t know the person. They also told me they wish they could offer customization for customers like me so I don’t end up with variations I don’t enjoy, but it takes away from the subscription box surprise and main model of their business and it would cost the member much more for them to hire a team to customize our full member base of boxes and they simply cannot offer this type of service. Decisions, decisions!

Last edited by a moderator:
I got in on the $95.00 price, but gave up on it.  Most of the boxes were misses for me.  The only box that I really loved was the very first box, the holiday box and summer box.  This past box looked very nice, I wish I would have purchased it. @@aihutch if would like to sale, would be willing to purchase for the 95.00 price point plus shipping?

The limited edition December box is now available for preorder. Here is another pic of the spoiler. The box is $230.

luxor special edition holiday box spoiler.jpg

Back