MAC and Hello Kitty?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
om i looove hello kitty! i've never tried anything from MAC but if they had something i thought i'd use, i'd totally try it and if i liked it, buy it out. ohwho am i kidding, i'd buy things on the offchance that i'd want them in the future, hello kitty triggers my impulse spending.

Oh man! I have never owned a MAC product in my life....but if they combine with Hello Kitty my ass would be broke!!

Originally Posted by Ashley /img/forum/go_quote.gif "Excuse us while we delve into some total rumormongering for a moment: We've been hearing that Hello Kitty would be launching a limited-edition makeup collection with M.A.C in 2009, so, unable to take the whispers any longer, we broke down and finally made some phone calls. And? A M.A.C representative would neither confirm nor deny the deal. Huh! If our fluency in flack-ese is as solid as we think it is, this sounds like the classic non-denial denial — so, you know. Assuming this isn't just a figment of our hallucinations, the collaboration could mean big profits, especially considering the cartoon feline's die-hard groupies and M.A.C's loyal legions."
SOURCE via http://nymag.com/daily/fashion/2008/08/is_mac_releasing_a_hello_kitty.htmlSpecktra

Would you like to see a MAC and Hello Kitty collaboration?

HELL YESSSSSSSSSSS!!! I would buy the entire collection!!! I love hello kitty!!!

I think this collection has real potential to be really amazing! Plus it's just such a fun theme!

7b.gif
i cannot shut my mouth right now!!! i am so excited to see it actually hapen that would be so great! i love hello kitty and mac!and them b oth together OMG

UPDATE: Hey guys, look at what I just read:

MacNeill59:

"welllll....I have terrible memory, comes from going to college in NYC....nuf said. Anyways, I do know that in the hello kitty there was a bright orange shimmery lipglass, a bright blue-purple shimmery lipglass, a bright pink blush, but the eyes were pretty toned down. There was a dark, shimmery purple, not surprising as there have been alot of dark eyes this fashion week. I think a pale pink too....."

SOURCE

Ok I know that the line probably would be very pretty I am excited too, but has anyone though about HELLO KITTY she doesn't even have a mouth, so Im wondering if they are going to have lipsticks or glosses that's estrange, the barbie collection was pretty too but barbie is barbie and hello kitty I don't know don't think I am giving a negative opinion but I think is a little weird!!!

I don't think hello kitty will model it .. hello kitty is a style and movement. The whole japanese/kawaii thing would be the theme of the promo shots I think.

Other collabs:

hello-kitty-couture.jpg

hello kitty for dior

tokidokiforhellokittybag.jpg

hello kitty/Tokidoki

Hmm, I'm not a big fan of Hello Kitty, so it will all depend on what the colors really look like.

xo; Michelle

I have a feeling the compact will be pink or red with hello kitty's face on it.

Here are some Hello Kitty mirrors, NOT FROM THE COLLECTION...just ideas:

kitty_ring_009.jpg

172879405_tp.jpg

167322666_o.jpg

0803kittyredmirror.jpg

Sources:

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

Pic 4

Lol, i think you're right Ashley. By the way, the model with all those Hello Kitty plushes looks like she can't breathe !

That would be awesome just like the Barbie Collection was. If MAC did a collab with the Garbage Pale Kids I would be on it. MAC can make anything fabulous!

Just wanted to update and say that Janice from Specktra said she received concrete confirmation for the Hello Kitty and MAC collection!

Start saving!

Originally Posted by Ashley /img/forum/go_quote.gif Just wanted to update and say that Janice from Specktra said she received concrete confirmation for the Hello Kitty and MAC collection!
Start saving!

OMG! THANK YOU!! I will start saving!!

Originally Posted by Ashley /img/forum/go_quote.gif Just wanted to update and say that Janice from Specktra said she received concrete confirmation for the Hello Kitty and MAC collection!
Start saving!

AHH! LOL! I have to save and shop for Christmas presents at the same time!
Maybe I'll ask for a MAC Giftcard for Christmas...that might help me out some! lol!

Start saving!

thanks !! omg yay!

Back