MAC breakout :(

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by NYAngel98 I use the select moisture blend everyday, & have been since it came out., & I love it....No breakouts, good coverage, no problems!!! :icon_love My mom uses it too, on & off - she loves the Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation with no problems either. Good luck on your search.... Thanks for the suggestions. The EL Double Wear might work for me; I'll add it to my list. Unfortunately I can't use any foundations with "moisture" in the name (my skin is crazy oily), so I'll have to stay away from the Moistureblend.

My hairstylist suggested Shiseido foundation, which I'm going to look into as well. I've been wanting their HydroPowder eye shadow so I'll hit their counter tomorrow.

Originally Posted by spazbaby I've been breaking out like mad (for the first time in 5 months) since I started using my new MAC Select Cover-Up and Studio Fix. I'm SO upset because these products make my skin look flawless, but once I wash them off a big ugly breakout (esp. chin & nose) is unveiled. I want to love these products so this is a real let-down for me. I'm giving it another week to see if my skin will adjust, but I don't see that happening. Has anyone else had this problem with MAC?
On another note, I'm loving all the shadows (esp. Tilt!) and the Lipglasses.

I have used Studio Fix and never broke out. Perhaps something else changed in your routine that it is making you break out? Change in diet, stress or maybe all those skittles
tongue.gif
? Those are some other factors that could be triggering your break-outs.

Originally Posted by Marisol I have used Studio Fix and never broke out. Perhaps something else changed in your routine that it is making you break out? Change in diet, stress or maybe all those skittles
tongue.gif
? Those are some other factors that could be triggering your break-outs. NO WAY it can't be the Skittles! Skittles are clinically proven to CURE zits.
But yeah, I have been under stress with interviews and such, but I just accepted a job offer so now I'm feeling pretty mellow. I still plan on giving the Studio Fix another week. We shall see!

Originally Posted by Marisol Look what I found just for you! hahahahahaha i should show that to my mom so she'll stop yelling at me about eating too many skittles.

There ya go! Glad that I could be of assistance to you. Congrats on the job offer. What will you be doing now?

Originally Posted by Marisol There ya go! Glad that I could be of assistance to you. Congrats on the job offer. What will you be doing now? Thanks. I'll be an internal auditor for a large steel manufacturing company. I'll get to do TONS of traveling! I'll check out the makeup everywhere I go.

Cool! I have been doing some auditing for my company too (but I don't get the travel perks).

Originally Posted by Marisol Cool! I have been doing some auditing for my company too (but I don't get the travel perks). The experience is always worth way more than the perks!

Originally Posted by spazbaby The experience is always worth way more than the perks! Good luck!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I'm sure you'll get it!
wink.gif

So I gave the Studio Fix & Select Cover Up another week like I said I would. My skin really cleared up and seemed to be adjusting to the new foundation. Then yesterday it all went down the tubes. I broke out really bad (I could feel the blemishes yesterday morning, and by night they were red and angry). I counterattacked with every acne product I own, and the zits are now drying out and slightly less red. They're mostly on my forehead and chin, and they actually feel kind of sore right now (probably from all the acne meds).

I'm going to the mall tonight so I'll return both of the products. Actually, I'll probably exchange them for shadows and/or liners. Then I'll buy a different brand of foundation.

It's so sad when you really want to like a product and it just won't work for you. I'd try the Chantecaille (whichever one you try) I've used real skin with no problems, and lots of people here use Future skin too. Any SA worht her salt should give you a weeks worth as a sample if you ask, and if you take your own little pot how can they refuse?

Good luck with the search
icon_smile.gif

It's so sad when you really want to like a product and it just won't work for you. I'd try the Chantecaille (whichever one you try) I've used real skin with no problems, and lots of people here use Future skin too. Any SA worht her salt should give you a weeks worth as a sample if you ask, and if you take your own little pot how can they refuse?
Good luck with the search
icon_smile.gif
[/quote

I'm going to try Shiseido first since it is more readily available to me. If it doesn't work, I'll order some Chantecaille. And I agree with you on the samples...the way I see it, they ought to be glad I'm asking to try something before purchasing rather than having to return it if I purchase without trying!

Sorry it still didn't work for you!!
frown.gif
Hopefully you can find something that will! If you have Px available to you, their foundations haven't broken me out (and I like the Virtual Skin and Virtual Matte). Good luck!!

Originally Posted by FeistyFemme Sorry it still didn't work for you!!
frown.gif
Hopefully you can find something that will! If you have Px available to you, their foundations haven't broken me out (and I like the Virtual Skin and Virtual Matte). Good luck!! Virtual Matte didn't break me out, but I just wasn't crazy about it. I actually hadn't thought of trying it again, but if I have to then I will.

I had the same problem with MAC, even with the blushes, which is unfortunate, because I love the range of colors they offer.
frown.gif
I went on a MAC shopping binge two years ago, and within a month I found myself suffering from a sudden case of moderate adult acne. My face was red, itchy, and covered with cystic pustules. It was so upsetting I had to go to the doctor, who prescribed several rounds of doxycycline. I discontinued using the makeup, and shortly thereafter my skin cleared up, but left behind a couple of scars I'm less than thrilled about. Now, I RUN from MAC...I keep seeing this $500 in MAC cosmetics FREE!!! pop up when I'm shopping for makeup, and they would have to pay ME five hundred bucks to put it on my skin- so I could afford the peels afterward to rid myself of the zits it leaves behind. Now, I pretty much resign myself to Estee Lauder's Enlighten foundation, or L'Oreal Visible Lift.

Originally Posted by XOffendr

I had the same problem with MAC, even with the blushes, which is unfortunate, because I love the range of colors they offer.
frown.gif
I went on a MAC shopping binge two years ago, and within a month I found myself suffering from a sudden case of moderate adult acne. My face was red, itchy, and covered with cystic pustules. It was so upsetting I had to go to the doctor, who prescribed several rounds of doxycycline. I discontinued using the makeup, and shortly thereafter my skin cleared up, but left behind a couple of scars I'm less than thrilled about. Now, I RUN from MAC...I keep seeing this $500 in MAC cosmetics FREE!!! pop up when I'm shopping for makeup, and they would have to pay ME five hundred bucks to put it on my skin- so I could afford the peels afterward to rid myself of the zits it leaves behind. Now, I pretty much resign myself to Estee Lauder's Enlighten foundation, or L'Oreal Visible Lift.

Welcome Xoffenr!

Originally Posted by XOffendr I had the same problem with MAC, even with the blushes, which is unfortunate, because I love the range of colors they offer.
frown.gif
I went on a MAC shopping binge two years ago, and within a month I found myself suffering from a sudden case of moderate adult acne. My face was red, itchy, and covered with cystic pustules. It was so upsetting I had to go to the doctor, who prescribed several rounds of doxycycline. I discontinued using the makeup, and shortly thereafter my skin cleared up, but left behind a couple of scars I'm less than thrilled about. Now, I RUN from MAC...I keep seeing this $500 in MAC cosmetics FREE!!! pop up when I'm shopping for makeup, and they would have to pay ME five hundred bucks to put it on my skin- so I could afford the peels afterward to rid myself of the zits it leaves behind. Now, I pretty much resign myself to Estee Lauder's Enlighten foundation, or L'Oreal Visible Lift. I'll keep those foundations in mind. I feel like that same thing is happening to me. Plus my skin is just flooded with oil, probably trying to form a protective barrier from the foundation/concealer, even though I obviously didn't use it today.

Thanks, Tony. I had to join- my family and friends accused me of being a 'rampant consumer' for trying to talk about cosmetics all the time...
redface.gif
Someone else, on the HotorNot moderators board uses that avatar, too....So, I feel right at home.

Spazbaby, I'm sure it was the cosmetics, because I can use much heavier foundations without any problems, even though I do have acne prone skin. Just not prone to moderate acne. MAC was just a nightmare for me. Since then, I'm much more careful about what products I use on my skin. Especially at 27, I try to stick to foundations that contain retinol, because it seems that even if they're oil based they don't lead to breakouts and actually improve my skin's appearance.

Oh my avatar? LOL! I change it up sometimes :icon_love

Originally Posted by XOffendr

Thanks, Tony. I had to join- my family and friends accused me of being a 'rampant consumer' for trying to talk about cosmetics all the time...
redface.gif
Someone else, on the HotorNot moderators board uses that avatar, too....So, I feel right at home.
Spazbaby, I'm sure it was the cosmetics, because I can use much heavier foundations without any problems, even though I do have acne prone skin. Just not prone to moderate acne. MAC was just a nightmare for me. Since then, I'm much more careful about what products I use on my skin. Especially at 27, I try to stick to foundations that contain retinol, because it seems that even if they're oil based they don't lead to breakouts and actually improve my skin's appearance.

Back