Mac In South Africa

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Reaction score
Hi Guys, i just wanted to know,

i visited our MAC counter yesterday, in search of products, and i saw this makeup train case, with controlled temp.

now, i asked how much it is, it was R3000, and in dollars, i think that is around $400-$500

is that expensive for you, or is it cheaper in the USA?

There pigments also cost me R200 a pot, in dollars, it should be $28, how much is it in the USA?

Reaction score
I'm not sure about the train case but for pigments, on the mac site they're $19.50

Reaction score
temp. controlled?! i might need one of those...no wait i dont. to answer your question, I have the mac train case and it's not temp controlled and i paid like...200? so if it is temp controlled it may be a good deal. and punctured skirt is correct pigments are 19.50 here so 28 is a high mark up IMO. BUT.There is that whole import buisness. So maybe it is ok...,.

Reaction score
Have you looked on eBay? They have a lot of MAC train cases and they might have the one you're looking for.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Faith-Abigail /img/forum/go_quote.gif Have you looked on eBay? They have a lot of MAC train cases and they might have the one you're looking for. A word of caution if you go looking on ebay for anything MAC. There are unfortunately more scams and fake products that claim to be MAC than anywhere else I have ever seen.
So if you see something on ebay that says its from MAC, there is an extremely good chance that it is not a legit item. So be super careful.

Reaction score
Hi,

A temp controlled case is excellent idea. Especially when you're working outside and it's very hot.

Reaction score
it's the same with mac here. I'm not sure how much pigments are but I asked about their traincase a while back and it cost somewhere in the region of $500Aust... I thought it was outrageous. But makeup is way cheaper in America than here... I wonder what we have which is cheap that is expensive elsewhere?