Mac Makeup

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Jayfizzle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm not a fan of my 180 eyeshadow palette from MAC. Though there is a wide range of colours in it, some of them just aren't as bright as they should be when applied :/

3ce72f25-a229-ea3e.jpg
Jayfizzle, I'm pretty sure  that MAC doesn't make a 180 palette.  Unfortunately I think you have purchased a counterfeit product.  That may explain the inconsistency in quality. 

I have a couple of MAC eyeshadows. Not really impressed. They don't come close to NARS or Urban Decay's intense pigmentation or it's creamy buttery application. But I do love their eyeliners and fluidliners. That said, I don't understand much of the hype. I was on the hunt of a bright red red eyeshadow and they didn't have it and their yellows are nowhere as intense as SugarPills which I'm seeing a lot more artists using these days.

It's ashame they don't stock pill very basic eyeshadow colors like reds, blues, yellows. And it's annoying that I go shopping online and look a specific color only to be told at the counter that it's only available at the MAC Pro store. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Honestly there will always be something comparable to one product, but what I especially love about MAC is how much thought they put into their products and the people who work for them, their eyeshadows, brushes, blushes..just everything. I mean people who aren't impressed with MAC products with their first time, I'm surprised because IMO there aren't many comparable d/s brands, honestly people can make products work for them but in my experience in the make up world is that I've tried EVERYTHING in d/s brands, you can basically make a lot of stuff work with a base, and awesome for people who want to do that, but I don't like to put in the extra effort and I don't need to with their products and I prefer that. As far as foundation goes, I use their foundation and I definitely don't prefer it over other brands in foundation, it's too heavy, cakey feeling for me. With any brand, there's always going to be that something that just isn't right for you. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I don't think you'd be making a mistake picking up some lipgloss, eyeshadow, blush, bronzer, finishing powder because in the end you'll never really know if it's right for you or not until you've tried it! I obviously think their products are amazing.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Honestly there will always be something comparable to one product, but what I especially love about MAC is how much thought they put into their products and the people who work for them, their eyeshadows, brushes, blushes..just everything. I mean people who aren't impressed with MAC products with their first time, I'm surprised because IMO there aren't many comparable d/s brands, honestly people can make products work for them but in my experience in the make up world is that I've tried EVERYTHING in d/s brands, you can basically make a lot of stuff work with a base, and awesome for people who want to do that, but I don't like to put in the extra effort and I don't need to with their products and I prefer that. As far as foundation goes, I use their foundation and I definitely don't prefer it over other brands in foundation, it's too heavy, cakey feeling for me. With any brand, there's always going to be that something that just isn't right for you. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I don't think you'd be making a mistake picking up some lipgloss, eyeshadow, blush, bronzer, finishing powder because in the end you'll never really know if it's right for you or not until you've tried it! I obviously think their products are amazing.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

M.A.C Makeup is pricey but definitely worth it, well most of it is anyway. Personally, i'd stay away from there Mascaras, as there are just as good or even better ones at the drugstore. Also, there nail varnishes aren't the best quality in the world and I would choose O.P.I over them. Don't get to excited about buying makeup from them, there's not a massive difference and to be honest it's more about the brand. My favourite products by them however are the MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation and the MAC Studio Fix Concealor, these products give you a flawless finish! Good luck! xxx

Back