MAC Prep + Prime or Smashbox Photofinish?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chelles93, what primer do you use? I could use a break on the price of a good primer!

Thanks,

Lis

Recommended to me by a MUA: Monistat Soothing Care Chafing Relief Powder Gel. It's an anti-chafing gel for your thighs, bikini area, etc.

It's for your body, but it has fewer ingredients than all the regular primers, and the ingredients that count are the same.

I purchased the Photofinish and it works pretty well. It goes on very light and silky on my skin but I guess I am not sure if there is a difference in how my makeup looks. It has not broken me out though and I have oily/sensitive skin

I've used both and both work well. But between both...um...Smashbox. It feels really soft.

i dont know.. might be my moisturizer but im using smashbox and my skin gets oily by the time its 11 am.

i have combination skin

Definitely Smashbox Photofinish. I really wanted to like MAC's prep + prime but it was waaaay to sparkly/glittery for my liking.

I've only tried Smashbox too... and it works great. I'm almost done with my first bottle... lol.. and will be repurchasing it too...

I tried them both and I like them. One thing I didn't like about Smashbox is that made my face very oily after a few hours. One thing I didn't like about the MAC one is its shimmer, but it didn't bother me. I prefer MAC 'cos it's cheaper and I get the same finish. Shimmer is not really that bad unless you are not planning to wear foundation.

Now, I want to try the Laura Mercier primer 'cos I read that one is for oily skin. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I use Monistat now as a primer but had a sample of Smashbox and I love it too. Have not tried MAC's but might invest in it eventually.

what about trish mcevoy foundation primer? i see alot in everyones collections, anyway i LOVE monistat!!! LOL it feels really nice!! very smooth!! ive never tried smashbox, want to though now!!

Back