MAC Starflash - Fall 2008

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I heard the release date is July 31
smile.gif
Also if you didn't already know lol, these shadows come in a new finish called Starflash which is being described as Veluxe Pearl but smoother, more vibrant, all around like 100 times even better. They will probably feel like a dream, I can't wait to get one!

Swatches done by xbrookecorex over at LJ.

zvvgw2.jpg

So beautiful and pigmented! The dark purple looks just like Grape pigment, which I bought and later realized is not eye safe
frown.gif

GD IT! They have to be released this month?! Fall isn't now! I hate MU companies and not keeping w/ the seasons as they occur LOL! So much for the no-buy I was gonna attempt at!

MAC will probably launch this on their site Monday... like they usually do. I am having a hard time deciding what I want. I know I want two feline pencils... because it's my hg. From swatches I like 8 or 9 shadows though... and I can't get all of them.

Top Hat, Smoke and Diamonds, and Sunset B. are definites. I guess I'll have to make a trip to my Macy's soon to figure out the rest.

Originally Posted by shyiskrazy2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I love the intensity of the feline pencils but do you have a tip to stop them from smudging? They really don't smudge for me... so I don't know.

Hey everyone, just wanted to say that Nordstrom has this collection and Lustre Twins out early, so you can get it already! But call your local Nordies first to make sure.

I ended up only getting 3. I like the finish, but the colors weren't that appealing to me. I got Go, Grand Entrance, and Top Hat. All three colors are definitely not unique and I had very similar colors for all of them.

I posted swatches and pics of dupes here if anyone is interested: https://forum.makeuptalk.com/f16...ml#post1444455

Originally Posted by bella1342 /img/forum/go_quote.gif MAC will probably launch this on their site Monday... like they usually do. I am having a hard time deciding what I want. I know I want two feline pencils... because it's my hg. From swatches I like 8 or 9 shadows though... and I can't get all of them.
Top Hat, Smoke and Diamonds, and Sunset B. are definites. I guess I'll have to make a trip to my Macy's soon to figure out the rest.

OMG, Nicole! I'm so excited for this collection!! I've made the mistake of going on spec and I've been lured into loving almost everything from this collection.
Have you made it to see any of them yet?

I ended up getting everything from this collection but the 2 blues because I have parrot & Sea/Sky.. IMO they are the same to me.. not really, but those are beautiful blues so I can live without the ones from starflash. AND i didn't get glamour check (reminds me too much of that poop collor Beautyburst from Barbie that we couldn't get rid of!) and I didn't get Bold/Brazen. I also picked up Pink Air/White Top & Boss Brown/Slave to Pink!! WOO HOO! I can't wait for my package!!
fly.gif

I love veluxe pearls...I've spent waayyy too much money on MAC lately though. {sigh}...I"ll have to look and see if there is any I absolutely have to have...

Kerri!! OMG I know!!! I ordered EVERY shadow today. I've been so excited about starflash all summer. I don't think I'll be buying anything else from MAC until next year (with the exception of the petticoat and so ceylon...because I don't have those...) so I allowed myself to splurge on these. I just ordered them all too... I figure if I don't like them, MAC's great at returning! I also picked up two feline pencils, because thats my HG pencil. They do not smudge on me at all. You know what... all I keep thinking about how glamour check reminds me of beautyburst too! LOL! I was thinking of you... hehe! That one will definitely have to go back. I saw your thread at spec about your new kittens. Yay, I'm so happy for you!! How is the Pink Air lustre glass? I didn't buy any of those...

I miss you here... I'm going to have to hunt you down over there I guess.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by clwkerric /img/forum/go_quote.gif OMG, Nicole! I'm so excited for this collection!! I've made the mistake of going on spec and I've been lured into loving almost everything from this collection.
Have you made it to see any of them yet?

I ended up getting everything from this collection but the 2 blues because I have parrot & Sea/Sky.. IMO they are the same to me.. not really, but those are beautiful blues so I can live without the ones from starflash. AND i didn't get glamour check (reminds me too much of that poop collor Beautyburst from Barbie that we couldn't get rid of!) and I didn't get Bold/Brazen. I also picked up Pink Air/White Top & Boss Brown/Slave to Pink!! WOO HOO! I can't wait for my package!!
fly.gif

I LOVE these!!! They came today, and the texture is so amazing. I'm like thrilled I bought them... I need a backup of Smoke and Diamonds definitely!

Oh, and one of my shadows arrived broken, so I called.. and of course they are sending a new one to me second day air. MAC's customer service is unlike any other!

I want smoke and diamonds! It looks so pretty, now your making me want 2 of them.

I saw comparison pics on Nessasary Makeup, and I can say the following: I went from wanting all of the e/s, to just most of them, to know only about 4. The colors are VERY similar to others, and the only thing I can say is maybe their "special" Starflash finish is what makes it even more special?

Originally Posted by Aquilah /img/forum/go_quote.gif I saw comparison pics on Nessasary Makeup, and I can say the following: I went from wanting all of the e/s, to just most of them, to know only about 4. The colors are VERY similar to others, and the only thing I can say is maybe their "special" Starflash finish is what makes it even more special? Yeah so basically i have most of the dupes. I guess ill stick to the pencils.

Back