MAC Starflash - Fall 2008

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Aquilah /img/forum/go_quote.gif I saw comparison pics on Nessasary Makeup, and I can say the following: I went from wanting all of the e/s, to just most of them, to know only about 4. The colors are VERY similar to others, and the only thing I can say is maybe their "special" Starflash finish is what makes it even more special? Oh yes, they are very similar to others. I don't have sweet sienna though... so smoke and diamonds was a must for me. Lotusland and Sunset B. are my favorites too. I think they all can be duped... but for me... I don't have some of those shades, that's why I bought them. IMO though, I would have bought them anyway because I'm in love with the texture.
ETA: You really have to swatch them though...because some don't have the super-smooth texture that others do. Dreammaker was a waste for me because the texture stinks and I have similar shades.

Yup, they're dupable... But apparently it's the finish that gives the charm...

Pencils are the best bet, for real

Originally Posted by bella1342 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Oh yes, they are very similar to others. I don't have sweet sienna though... so smoke and diamonds was a must for me. Lotusland and Sunset B. are my favorites too. I think they all can be duped... but for me... I don't have some of those shades, that's why I bought them. IMO though, I would have bought them anyway because I'm in love with the texture.
ETA: You really have to swatch them though...because some don't have the super-smooth texture that others do. Dreammaker was a waste for me because the texture stinks and I have similar shades.

Well, I have a sample of Sweet Sienna, but I seriously hate using pigments LOL! So, I think that's one I need. At this point, I'm thinking about getting Mink & Sable, Smoke & Diamonds, and MAYBE Dreammaker.

starflasheyeshadows.jpg

sunsethat.jpg

lotusentrance.jpg

dreamsable.jpg

smokediamonds.jpg

starglamour.jpg

bluecomparisons.jpg

goldsable.jpg

temptinggo.jpg

dreammaker.jpg

starflashswatches.jpg

Originally Posted by bella1342 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Kerri!! OMG I know!!! I ordered EVERY shadow today. I've been so excited about starflash all summer. I don't think I'll be buying anything else from MAC until next year (with the exception of the petticoat and so ceylon...because I don't have those...) so I allowed myself to splurge on these. I just ordered them all too... I figure if I don't like them, MAC's great at returning! I also picked up two feline pencils, because thats my HG pencil. They do not smudge on me at all. You know what... all I keep thinking about how glamour check reminds me of beautyburst too! LOL! I was thinking of you... hehe! That one will definitely have to go back. I saw your thread at spec about your new kittens. Yay, I'm so happy for you!! How is the Pink Air lustre glass? I didn't buy any of those...
I miss you here... I'm going to have to hunt you down over there I guess.
wink.gif

I would LOVE to tell you about Pink Air.. but I haven't gotten my package yet
frown.gif
I got 2 day delivery... I really don't know what I was thinking NOT getting 1 day!?
eusa_naughty.gif
So I tracked my package today and it will be delivered tomorrow.
As soon as I saw a swatch of Glamour Check! I immediately thought of you too! lol, I'm kind of stumped though on that one. I hear a lot of great reviews about how gorgeous the color is. I see you got your package, was it anything like the Beautyburst? (Obviously better texture)

My kitties are amazing!!! How is your new bundle of love?

I'm sure fantastic!!

I will try to get back over here more
frown.gif
I've just been glued to some of the other threads over there..LOL.

But yes, I'm not very concerned about too many more collections this year. Of course I like some of the piggies that are coming out in August. Also, I'm looking forward to Sharkskin being repromoted with Gold Fever. And all the talk of dazzleglasses re-releasing or coming back has gotten me shook-up! I LOVE THOSE DARN THINGS!!!
lovelovee.gif

Back