Make Your Own Mineral Make Up

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i realy dont have much time in my hands so id rather order my MMU than makin them, and i might end up with the wrong shade and whatsoever.
smile.gif

I've been strongly considering this - making my own mineral foundation. I actually think I could do my shade better than anyone else. There is another supplier that I've found... something like makingcosmetics.com (I think that is it, anyhow). It would be fun, and I really like making my own stuff. So, I might try it.

I have actually been comtemplating this for quite some time myself. I'm a huge eyeshadow rfreak. I love playing with eyeshadows and seeing what I can come up with. I'm always mixing colors to create new ones etc. I certainly don't see myself being able to make a business out of it. I would enver have time between school and work. But for fun and enjoyment I think it could be cool. I've found a few sites that sell all the ingredients pretty cheap as well. If you decide to jump in be sure to post. I would love to hear how it goes and what you do.

I think I've seen a forum for this on delphiforums.com. I haven't checked it out since I'm not interested (we live in a small apt. and have 2 small children), but you may find some helpful advice there. I also think Monave's delphi forum can help with this too. hth
smile.gif
I think it would be fun though.

I've considered it but I enjoy the shopping too much! Plus, I know if there's a particular shade I'm looking for then there's a site owner who I know would have a go at it for me.

thanks for the tips. i really want to try this. i ordered the ingredients same as joppa foundation and finishers because i LOVE the coverage and the finishing silk . im already mixing different mmu colors or brands to get a matching color...or to make it more creamier or less. i cant wait to try this! =D

the only site i know that sells mineral ingredients is TKB trading. is there anymore?

costal scents is a mineral make up supplier and the prices are very reasonable and she sells on ebay too and monave like some one else mentioned

Originally Posted by blondie36 /img/forum/go_quote.gif costal scents is a mineral make up supplier and the prices are very reasonable and she sells on ebay too and monave like some one else mentioned forgot to add herbs of grace,the company that someone posted about earlier ,ive been thinking about making some too ,cant you tell( lol
smile.gif
good luck

Originally Posted by emily_3383 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I would love to do that but i dont think i have the patients to find the right shades for myself. Same here, no way
smile.gif

Originally Posted by icon /img/forum/go_quote.gif Lucky for you, there are many mineral make-up supplier there in the US. But for us here in the Philippines, it even costs more to have it shipped out via courier or UPS. That's is why i thought of making my own.
I came across this recipe in the net.

Loose MIneral Foundation Powder

Makes approximately 30 grams (1 oz)

Measure all ingredients

Ingredients/materials needed:

Micronized Titanium Dioxide

Bismuth Oxychloride

Zinc Oxide

Sericite Mica - Mat Finish

Magnesium Stearate

Yellow, Red & Brown Iron Oxide Pigments

Jojoba Oil

Vitamin E Oil

Essential Oil

Mortar & Pestle

Sifter Jars

measuring spoons,

cosmetic brushes (large full brush for foundation)

Phase I

8 tsp Micronized Titanium Dioxide

3 tsp Bismuth Oxychloride

4 tsp Zinc Oxide-Low Micron

1 tsp Magnesium Stearate

1/2 - 1 tsp Yellow Iron Oxide

1/16 tsp Brown Iron Oxide

Pinch of Red Iron Oxide

Phase II

1/4 tsp Jojoba Oil

5 drops Vitamin E Oil

4-8 drops any essential oil (we used Bergamot)

Phase III

1 tsp. Sericite Mica - Mat Finish

Mix the ingredients from Phase I in your mortar and pestle, blending well. Slowly

add the ingredients from Phase II to the mix. Stir until homogenous. Last, add

the Phase III ingredient and stir with a spoon, scraping any mixture off the sides

of the bowl.

Determining the correct color for you:

Change the tint by adding more of any of the iron oxides. Add more titanium

dioxide, zinc oxide or sericite mica if you desire a lighter overall shade.

Make note of your additions/changes so that you can duplicate when necessary.

Transfer foundation powder into a 30 gr sifter jar for easy application with a large foundation brush.

Mineral Makeup | Recipe to Make Your Own Mineral Foundation Powder

I can get the raw materials from here and from China, I guess, i'll just try the above recipe and find out if i'll get the formula i want.

Oh is that it....it sounds so easy....LMAO
add_wegbrech.gif
. I will stick to buying at Sephora or online!!!!
I can't believe you make your own.....you're the woman!!!
rockwoot.gif

Originally Posted by makeupchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif thanks for the tips. i really want to try this. i ordered the ingredients same as joppa foundation and finishers because i LOVE the coverage and the finishing silk . im already mixing different mmu colors or brands to get a matching color...or to make it more creamier or less. i cant wait to try this! =D
the only site i know that sells mineral ingredients is TKB trading. is there anymore?

Sweetscents :: Your Cosmetic Mineral Mica Resource

been contemplating on trying it too!!heheh..sounds like fun, and at least i can get the guide book by getting it at Monave..the whole kit looks awesome!!besides they gave u a guide book or something...so should be great as a hobby!!

after attending a MMU workshop i tried to make my own foundations, blush, MV, eyeshadows, concealer..lolz! it's so addicting! like i'm baking or something...they're easy to make, it was cool, i use all of them
smile.gif
altho my foundation shade is a bit weird, the color i did was more of like a mix of yellowish brown, lol...but it was ok when i try it on...i think, foundation is the hardest to make of all coz of the different skintones.

hi! am pretty new with mmu's but making your own is really fun. you can adjust the shades according to your skin tone. in that way, you can have your perfect color shade. plus, you can experiment tweaking the formulation like adding some plant extracts. just make sure you have a standard color so you can compare your own mmu to that standard. if you got the right color combination as that of the standard, then you know you got it right.

icon: thank you very much for sharing the formulation. would love to try it myself.

Originally Posted by ms_renzy /img/forum/go_quote.gif hi! am pretty new with mmu's but making your own is really fun. you can adjust the shades according to your skin tone. in that way, you can have your perfect color shade. plus, you can experiment tweaking the formulation like adding some plant extracts. just make sure you have a standard color so you can compare your own mmu to that standard. if you got the right color combination as that of the standard, then you know you got it right.
icon: thank you very much for sharing the formulation. would love to try it myself.

laughing.gif

im so lazy..that would take too much effort. ha. plus i love buying makeup, and getting the packages is always so exciting.

Back