Makeup addiction

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh my god.... feeling so guilty.  Mid-exam state, just ordered the Real Techniques stippling brush, powder brush and kabuki.  I'm excited, but feeling guilty... hahaha

I started in 7th grade with a shiny skin tone cream eyeshadow lol after 8th grade i dropped my addiction but i have picked it up again, in the last couple months i've spent hundred of dollars to try and build up a better stash. I'm trying to limit myself on how much i spend now, i'm only 17 and have lots of medical bills or money that needs to be spent on going to appointments lol (i got thyroid cancer when i was 14 and it kinda came back a couple months ago) I limit myself to one shopping trip or order of expensive brands (urban decay, stila, too faced, ect) there isn't an exact price point but w/e and i try to spend only $20 on drugstore makeup a month which normally ends up being $30 hehe

I have always loved makeup but having hooded eyes that are oily, I was always frustrated with creasing and fading. A few years ago I was introduced to UDPP and my life was changed! I definitely went crazy with their products (like CRAZY), Too Faced, Stila, etc.  I am embarrassed how much I have but I just love it all so much! LOL About a year ago I was able to get a grip on my buying and have been Able to cut way back. I am now into more skincare and love the New Beauty Test Tubes, birchbox etc so that I a can keep trying out new products. I am always looking for bigger and better :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I just bought new primer, concealer, face mask, moisturizer, two lip glosses. Gahhh my debit card is screaming! Now I'm eyeing the Real Techniques stippling brush!
doh.gif
 Must have!!

I Love Make up to a sick level, and am so happy that Iv found all of you, MY PEOPLE
eusa_pray.gif
!

My mama was putting lip stick on me since I was a little girl,mostly because. . . I begged her, lol

Its been history ever since, I went through so many phases and with them came a never ending combo of make up.

I love the power I feel, I'm a strong person with out make up on, but when I glide a little gloss on, the world becomes my play ground.

All of you women are absloutely beautiful.  As an admirer of women with great makeup I had to say Hi!

I always loved 'pretty' - from when I was very young.  I've always been drawn to beauty in all facets of life - from human beauty to art to literature to nature to birds to anything, really.  My father is an artist so I probably inherited his creative genes.  I'm a freak for color - although on myself I keep a minimal look most times. I don't consider it an addiction but if I didn't have my career, I'd be miserable.

I work as a featured Pro Artist for a popular cosmetics company*, and I love the artistry. It fulfills me, much to my husband's frustration! hahahah

So for me, makeup isn't so much a collection as it is a tool to express color and interpret what I find beautiful. Although... my 'collection' is pretty over the top, even by hard core standards. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

*I can't name the company b/c I'm not authorized to speak on their behalf, but it is an independent company that gets much love and respect. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I used to love playing with my mom's makeup when I was little (now I see why she didn't like that...sorry ma!). I would always ask for lipsticks and lipglosses as a little girl and wear them WAY too heavy, I even remember putting on eyeshadow at the mall and people thought it was so cute. As I got older I lost interest because of depression, I just didn't care what I looked like and thought girls that did were shallow and stupid. It wasn't until I was about 19 that I really got into makeup because I got a room mate who was a makeup artist. He taught me tons about makeup and I just fell head-over-heels in love with it! I think my first trip to Sephora I spent over $400! Now it's my hobby and it makes me very happy to wear and collect makeup!

Back