Makeup Pet Peeves

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like everyones points. I especially hate the orange skin, that stops at the jawline, especially when they team it with super heavy eyliner and only eyeliner. i call this the "bogan" look. (it's especially the bogan look with ratty bleach blonde hair with black regrowth that clearly looks like it hasn't been washed in a month.)

my pet peeve which i see alot is girls putting way too much makeup on (not the right colour) and leaving a line around their jaw, not blending it or if they get a spray tan but still use the same foundation they did before they tanned so they still have a white face but tanned body! you see alot of this where i live haha

i hate it when girls use liquid eyeliner as an eyeshadow...and it goes all the way past their crease...its usually asian girls that do it, especially where i live. no worries, im chinese haha, im not being racist lol.

Brows that are overdrawn or plucked into a weird shape. Extremely clumpy mascara. Feathering lipstick, caked on foundation...

But... the #1 pet peeve is plain old sloppiness. You should never leave the house looking like you got dressed in the dark.
nono.gif

I personally dislike when people don't use some type of primer for their shadows. There's nothing worse than seeing the "dirt crease" of a girl an hour after she's put on her makeup.

The whole blending foundation into your lips, or wearing a really pale lipstick. I guess people don't like natural pink lips anymore lol.

Clumpy or overdone mascara (BIGGEST PEEVE),

Orangy foundation (wrong foundation choice),

Migrating eyeliner (second biggest peeve),

"Ring around the neck" syndrome foundation (foundation that stops at the jawline(Third biggest peeve),

Dusty eyelashes (chalky eyeshadow with NO mascara)

I hate when my eyeliner is not even on both sides, especially when I wing the liner.

Bad foundation color and application on one face. I'm talking waaaay off color. I can understand if you didn't get the color perfect but those people that have an entirely different color sitting on top of their skin and it's not even blended all over the face. More like they had someone take swipes at their face while they were dodging them. lol I knew someone like this so it does exist, believe it or not. How they didn't know is beyond me.

Also, eyebrows that are not brushed into place. Again, we all wear them differently but when the hairs are going in every direction it drives me nuts!

I agree with most of you. When I see a foundation mis-match it drives me up the wall! If it's a bit off, I really don't mind because it seems like they've tried but when it's 4 shades lighter or 3 shades darker im like ---- what are you trying to hide?!

Another peeve of mine is too much bronzer....it just looks dirty!!

Just google katherine heigl bronzer and click on images...

1 - I am lucky and don't have to pluck my eyebrows...but I do use a pencil just to make them stand out. I HATE when girls make their eyebrows look like they use a sharpie.

chula-eyebrows.jpg

2 - I don't like clumpy bottom lashes, looks like spider legs. Or top lashes for that matter.

3 - Girls who wear a full face minus mascara...cannot stand it.

My pet peeves are actually just people I've seen.

1. The girl who always wears bright pink glitter eyeshadow but never blends it out so it looks like she literally stuck her finger in a little kids play makeup and smeared her finger across the ball of her lid

2. The old lady who has the bubble gum pink lipstick WAY out side the lips. The "circles" of bright blush and the scary blue eyeshadow.

Melty mascara and eyeliner. I have a friend who doesn't use primer and her eye liner and shadow all ends up on her cheeks. I love her... but I just want to play cosmetologist when I'm around her.

Hey come guys don't be so hard on us girls who neglect the brow area! I cannot fill mine in to save my life, they just look horrible so I just leave them alone. I envy those who can fill them in and they look so good!!

I hate to see black brow pencil outlined around the lips and clear gloss or brick colored lipstick applied. Looks horrible! And some women tell me it make them look better!

Originally Posted by properukku /img/forum/go_quote.gif I personally dislike when people don't use some type of primer for their shadows. There's nothing worse than seeing the "dirt crease" of a girl an hour after she's put on her makeup. I am with you all the way on that one. See a lot of that here.

I have a friend who CAKES on a foundation that is way too yellow for her skin.

Then, she puts on a layer of powder so thick I swear you can smell it. I've seen other people do this, and it's just like-why? I realize it's sometimes hard to get an EXACT match for foundation, but why pick one so far off?

@topic: I strongly dislike when anyone wears makeup colors that clearly do not suit them. I once came across a saleswoman at a cosmetics counter who was wearing bubble gum pink lipstick and electric blue eyeshadow. I think she was either a summer or a soft autumn. In any case, all I could look at were the colors. It was very hard to notice her actual facial features and the look was anything but natural!

Of course, application technique is important too. I think that bright eyeshadow colors should usually be mixed with a neutral. It's really hard for most people to pull off that look without doing that. But in this lady's case, I'm pretty sure she just picked the wrong colors.

People who choose wrong foundation colours.

People who know they look orange, but don't care to change their foundation.

Obviously they think it covers all the freakles, pimple etc,

but really, they just look like an oompa looma. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I am another one who really can't stand someone wearing the wrong foundation color.I also don't like those who go all out on eye makeup and don't wear any other makeup on their face,too much bronzer,people who do draw on their brows but don't tweeze/wax the hairs outside of the drawn on line,and people who never vary their makeup routine-same colors every day-I can understand having a signature look but just changing one color can do wonders and look fresh...

I just realized I have a lot of makeup pet peeves,lol.I swear I am not super-critical.

Back