Makeup Pet Peeves

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is this lady (very nice) I know that still does her make up from the 90-ties. Think Pamela Anderson with darker lip pencil than lipstick. Just horrible.

Originally Posted by AudreyNola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Other than that just extremely dated makeup - like you know they haven't changed their mu routine in at least 10 years.

I have worse Sadie ! Think brown lipstick outlining pink lips without any lipstick over. Ouch !

Mascara plumpers annoy me, and people who don't fill their eyebrows up to the end, so the tail is shortened.

hahahah this thread is so funny....i really need to know wat is mascara, lip gloss plumpers...I really dun know its meaning....pls someone explain to me.  This thread has enlightened me alot...and MUT too..some makeup pet peeves I tot are acceptable...like wearing a a diff lip liner and colours...i swear I really didnt know that its not acceptable.  lols...I tot it was like some kind of trend.

ok what i hate is drawing the brow with a pencil when there is no brow...i mean do it naturally and not unaturally.

too much of blusher where it makes you look like an opera singer...they do it cos its their profession.

red lipstick..some look good on it and some dont and im toking abt that some who dont...dun they see themselves in the mirror 1st before leaving the house.

Eyebrows that fade all weird in the middle of the face...I think they are trying to make it look MORE natural. Hair doesn't fade like that. lol. NOT as subtle as they think. I say THEY because a LOT of makeup artists do it.

Weirdo sharpie lookin eyebrows:) I HATE THEM. Girls at my school do them...but there's aren't even as well drawn as the picture below.

Over plucked and oddly shaped eyebrows drive my completely INSANE! Who can think that looks good when they look in a mirror?? goodness gracious...lol eyebrow stencils are a godsend.

Oh not much...just don't like orange face and thin crazy cartoon like eyebrows. I don't get that.

I hate orange foundation so much, but it looks ten times worse when paired with super pale pink (so pale it's almost white) lipstick. Ewwww!

Originally Posted by CallmeMrsAL /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My pet peeves are actually just people I've seen.

1. The girl who always wears bright pink glitter eyeshadow but never blends it out so it looks like she literally stuck her finger in a little kids play makeup and smeared her finger across the ball of her lid

2. The old lady who has the bubble gum pink lipstick WAY out side the lips. The "circles" of bright blush and the scary blue eyeshadow.
Barbara Cartland is the greatest example of number 2 above:

She was a spirited lady and much-loved romance author, whose only weakness was overzealous (and outdated) make-up application.

heftty blush

bright lipstick that is upsettingly messy

clumpy mascara.....eeeeek

Bright eye shadows up to your brow bone drives me frickin' insane. I wanna attack these people with a blending brush.

And make up that doesn't match your outfit. D8 Who wears like, bright yellow eye shadow when you're outfit is blue based. I don't care if they're complimentary colors or whatzit, it looks funnnnnnnyyy.

And a lot of girls at the school I went to were into drawing designed around their eyes with liquid eyeliner for a while, like swirlies and stuff.

Sorry honey, but Ryan Ross hasn't been cool since 2006.

- Using layers and layers of mascara to try and 'volumise' lashes. Not just 2-3 coats, but to the extent it just looks clumpy and like spider legs on eyelids.

- Too much bronzer/blusher

- Not blending when trying to contour - stripes underneath cheekbones will never look natural!

- Wrong foundation/application (good old orange face/white neck scenario...)

I hate when people wear one color of shadow all the way up to their eyebrow. It just looks bad! Related to that, I also reallyyy hate it when girls let their eyeshadows crease to a huge extent because they don't wear primer. My UDPP has lasted me about 9 months with almost daily use (I took out the stopper, obviously), and only now am I starting to think I may have to finish the depotting process. So $18 isn't a whole lot to spend on something that will last you that long. And if you can't afford primer, find some other way to keep your eyeshadow from creasing to the point where your shadow is striped across your lid. Dear lord.

Also...red lipstick that's not properly applied. I have a friend who wore it once and it wasn't within the lines of her lips (it strayed in a couple of places). Plus she paired it with heavy black liner. I wanted to say something but didn't because she's not a close friend.

I also hate it when people do the very made up eye, not like a simple wash of color and liner, I'm talking going all out and the rest of the face is left undone. There's no foundation or blush to balance the look and it looks terrible.

Bad eyebrows are pretty horrible too. lol

Back