MaMa Lotion users?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok ladies, these were taken this weekend. now let me say that i have an ongoing facial hair problem on my chin so my hyperpigmentation problem is recurring, but the appearance and texture of my skin has improved greatly. when i finish my foundation and concealer my skin appears flawless. just wanted to make everyone aware. please feel free to post your comments.

i just ordered the sample - cant wait to try it! sounds like such an all round wonder product - i get so fed up having to buy different lotions to treat each skin complaint - some of which all occur in the same area of my face

Originally Posted by jasmine_UK /img/forum/go_quote.gif i just ordered the sample - cant wait to try it! sounds like such an all round wonder product - i get so fed up having to buy different lotions to treat each skin complaint - some of which all occur in the same area of my face i really do have to say that this is the only product i've found that does address all of my issues. it controls my blemishes and helps keeps my hyperpigmentation issues under control better than any other product, including triluma (which i didn't like because it was very aggressive).
also, i took a pic with my foundation and concealer on. i'll try to post that pic later today.

Originally Posted by realmccoy /img/forum/go_quote.gif I've been using it during the day with green cream at night and my skin is definately turning around. I have some clogged pore issues and surface scarring. Everytime I get a bottle of green cream, they include the mama lotion. I'm loving the results. I'm not a woman of color, but the scarring is fading and the skin is definately smoothing out. Where do you purchase th green cream from and how fast is the shipping?

Originally Posted by realmccoy /img/forum/go_quote.gif I've been using it during the day with green cream at night and my skin is definately turning around. I have some clogged pore issues and surface scarring. Everytime I get a bottle of green cream, they include the mama lotion. I'm loving the results. I'm not a woman of color, but the scarring is fading and the skin is definately smoothing out. i'm so happy that you're seeing great results! i was just happy that they recommended the product for women of color. in fact, i think it one of the only peels that doesn't cause more problems than it solves in terms of creating greater hyperpigmentation issues, which is a serious problem for darker skin tones.
i would love for you ladies of all shades to post pics. that would do a lot to let ladies know that it really does work for everyone.

this is the pic of me with my foundation and concealer. i usually go back and cover visable spots with a concealer brush just after this step.

i got my sample today! woo! if im using it at night do i, cleanse - tone - mama lotion - moisturise?

also during the day - i use a separate SPF (not in my moisturiser) which goes on first as a general rule of thumb? sunscreen - moisturiser - makeup? or moisturiser- sunscreen - makeup?

thanks ladies!

btw monniej ur skin looks amaazin!

Originally Posted by jasmine_UK /img/forum/go_quote.gif i got my sample today! woo! if im using it at night do i, cleanse - tone - mama lotion - moisturise?also during the day - i use a separate SPF (not in my moisturiser) which goes on first as a general rule of thumb? sunscreen - moisturiser - makeup? or moisturiser- sunscreen - makeup?

thanks ladies!

btw monniej ur skin looks amaazin!

thanks so much, jasmine! i love this product because if you follow the instructions you'll see good results.
this is how i use it:

at night - cleanse, tone, light moisturize, mama lotion, let dry (about 15 mins or so)more moisturizer.

daytime - cleanse, moisturizer, spf, makeup.

i can't stress enough not to get over anxious with this product. it can make you peel like crazy so remember, only every other day to start!

I've ordered samples. I was hoping to get samples of green cream... anyone know a place that sells both?

The 'ad' photo is a lot different due to lighting, notice how the neck is a different color on each photo, to the same degree as the face is different. (Just saying, b/c I don't care for trick photography in advertizing)

Thank you. They don't have samples of the green cream - I did find a place tho. Mb I'll just stick with the Mama anyway since it seems to have better reviews.

Has anyone tried the mandelic acid 10% or 15% alone? It's way cheaper than the Mama lotion. I just ordered it at skincarerx - they cost less plus I found a coupon code.

***update - I've used the Mama lotion twice - 2 days in a row, but the first day I didn't wash my face first... so it didn't really count.
biggrin.gif
My skin is so smooth! I'll skip a day or 2 now.

No problem, I'm impatient and already ordered:p

I'll be patient with this... dry, flaky skin causes breakouts, too :-(

I wonder how some of the first users are doing with it now?

Should I ask about the mandelic acid on a new thread?

Originally Posted by allyoop /img/forum/go_quote.gif No problem, I'm impatient and already ordered:p I'll be patient with this... dry, flaky skin causes breakouts, too :-(

I wonder how some of the first users are doing with it now?

Should I ask about the mandelic acid on a new thread?

i would be interested in knowing more about the mandelic acid. i know that the malic acid comes from apples and pears.
i don't know if i would be considered one of the first users, but i've been at it for some time and i still love it! my first post in this thread was 8/22/06. no complaints at all from me!

Hi monniej, I think I got excited - started talking and missed at least this last page --- now I have to go back and see where I left off. I am glad it is still doing good for you. It's hard to trust the ads and even the testimonials on the site. The mandelic acid(10%) is 4 ounces for about $36 - I really don't want to mix, but Garden of Wisdom sells malic acid powder... I'll play with the lotions and mmu, but I don't think I want to touch this. If I understand it the malic acid is what makes it less ?caustic - not the word I'm thinking of.

i have been using the mama lotion for about 2 weeks now - im going to take a break for a week. Its really great stuff! my skin is smoother, clearer and i haven't had a particular problem with flaking either!

Originally Posted by jasmine_UK /img/forum/go_quote.gif i have been using the mama lotion for about 2 weeks now - im going to take a break for a week. Its really great stuff! my skin is smoother, clearer and i haven't had a particular problem with flaking either! that's great jasmine! i'm so happy that you're seeing positive results! keep us posted on your progress!

I also wanted to recommend Avon Solutions Nightly Nutrient Peel as a less expensive alternative or in addition to the Mama lotion, it resurfaces and fades discoloration. I saw results the first time I used it.

I use Garden of Wisdom Mandelic Acid. It has been great for my blackheads, but I thought it would fade my acne scars and brown spots. So far nada. I purchased the 10% and 15% and switch between the two.

Maybe next time I will try the Mama lotion. I bought the Mandelic from Garden of Wisdom because I heard you can use it with green cream and it does not contain alcohol, so there is less irritation.

Avon Solutions Nightly Nutrient Peel - I'll have to look into that - I have to make sure it's okay for melasma.

The mandelic acid 10% - i just got it and tried it - so don't know yet - it tastes like mama lotion :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> anyway, I got the 10% so that I could get the 15% next time I order. The instructions say to use twice a day - so probably not as effective as mama lotion, but costs less and you're less likely to 'overdo' it.

Back