Mascara and glasses

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Reaction score
I don't wear mascara very often, since I have noticed that it often gets on my glasses. I don't like having to clean my glasses constantly
I'm wondering if there are any types of mascara that would be better. I have had bad luck with waterproof mascaras in the past, so I have been wary to try any. Any girls with glasses have suggestions? Thanks

Reaction score
Perhaps if you used a mascara that made the lashes wider and thicker, rather than lengthening your lashes that would solve the problem. Max Factor do a mascara called 2000 calories, which is designed to fatten the lashes.

Reaction score
Maybe try a clear mascara. A lot of different brands sell them.

Originally Posted by alittleweirdo I don't wear mascara very often, since I have noticed that it often gets on my glasses. I don't like having to clean my glasses constantly
I'm wondering if there are any types of mascara that would be better. I have had bad luck with waterproof mascaras in the past, so I have been wary to try any. Any girls with glasses have suggestions? Thanks

Reaction score
i wear glasses and thats never happened. if ur eyelashes stick out straight u should curl them. i use rimmel mascaras hopefully that helps

Reaction score
Erm you could try Neutrogena Clean Lash TINT and I can also wear Palladio non-waterproof mascara without it leaving marks on my glasses, and I have long straight lashes that dont curl.

Reaction score
waterproof mascara and contacts aren't a happy couple for me, so instead i use a basic black mascara. i think your problem is you have to curl your lashes. i use a base (from my waterproof UD mascara actually lol). what i also do since i'm allergic to curlers is applying mascara on top and bottom side of the lashes.

if you have too much mascara on you can brush your lashes.

Reaction score
I dont wear glasses but i sometimes have this problem when i wear sunglasses in summer.

My lashes are quite long and curly (makes putting eyeliner on a nightmare!!!)

I find i sometimes have to trim the ends of my lashes then curl them. Solves the problem

Reaction score
Originally Posted by -Missy L- /img/forum/go_quote.gif I dont wear glasses but i sometimes have this problem when i wear sunglasses in summer.
My lashes are quite long and curly (makes putting eyeliner on a nightmare!!!)

I find i sometimes have to trim the ends of my lashes then curl them. Solves the problem

Thats what I do too.

Reaction score
I must have short lashes because I've never had this problem, even with lengthening mascaras! lol

Have you tried a mascara that's more volumizing without adding a lot of length? Or just using one coat or something?

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tfigueroa /img/forum/go_quote.gif i wear glasses and thats never happened. if ur eyelashes stick out straight u should curl them. I agree. Although I do only wear my glasses a few times a month to rest my eyes, when I do wear them I curl my lashes so it doesnt rub against the lenses.

Reaction score
i have the same problem!! i found curling my lashes helps a little, cuz i'm definitely not going to trim them!

Latest posts