Mascara - your favourite and worst!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am crushing hard on Bobby Brown's Extreme Party mascara and They're Real.  I find both work very well for me.

One that I can't stand is Lancome Definicils.  I do not understand why it is such a big seller.  

Oh man, the ELF one I got was HORRIBLE. I used it once then went to look at it a month later and it was all dried up. What a waste of $3!
LOL - Y'know I had the exact same drying out issue with a brand new Diorshow, I only used it twice before I tossed it... What a waste of $31

So I feel ya...  :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Drugstore: Maybelline the falsies, Lorèal telescopis (the black one)
High end: Too faced lashgasm, Lancome hypnose 

Hate: Benefit they're real - just doesn't work no matter how hard I try. clumps, doesn't seperate the lashes at all, and gives no curl.  :wacko:

It's funny how much different people love and hate the same mascara.  

My favorites:

Drugstore-Cover Girl Lash Blast Volume

High End- Lancome Hypnose Star, Benefit Bad Gal Lash

Least favorite:

Drugstore: L'oreal Voluminous Millions

High End: Diorshow

Last edited by a moderator:
I also hate Benefit's They're Real mascara. I got a sample in one of my monthly subscriptions and actually liked it so I bought the full size product and H.A.T.E.D. it. Threw both of them out - which is something I don't normally do. But seriously, it made my lashes clump so bad. No matter how many times I tried it, it just looked awful. 

My favorites are CoverGirl Lash Blast Clump Crusher and Smashbox Full Exposure. I recently got a sample of Dior It-Lash Mascara with my Sephora order and I sort of like that too. Not enough to buy the full-size yet though... I've been burned before  <_<

Favourite: Low-end: Maybelline Great Lash

High-end: Lancome Hypnose

Worst: Low-end: Gosh Wonder Volume

High-end: Diorshow

From bad to best:

Maybelline Great Lash

Rimmel Day 2 Night

Too Faced Lash Injection

Benefit Bad Gal

Benefit They're Real

These are all the mascaras I've ever tried, surprisingly, in that order too.

I also hate Benefit's They're Real mascara. I got a sample in one of my monthly subscriptions and actually liked it so I bought the full size product and H.A.T.E.D. it. Threw both of them out - which is something I don't normally do. But seriously, it made my lashes clump so bad. No matter how many times I tried it, it just looked awful.

My favorites are CoverGirl Lash Blast Clump Crusher and Smashbox Full Exposure. I recently got a sample of Dior It-Lash Mascara with my Sephora order and I sort of like that too. Not enough to buy the full-size yet though... I've been burned before <_<
I have a better time with They're Real! after it's been open a while and has a chance to thicken slightly. I actually prefer minis of it for that reason. I want to love Full Exposure because it looks so good but it flakes off on me so so bad. I have a tube I might try in summer when I'm not as dry.

Mascara is such a personal thing.

Favorites:

- Benefit They're Real

- Too Faced Better than Sex

- Covergirl clump crusher

Worst:

- Maybelline Great Lash

- Diorshow (although Extase is OK once it dries out a bit...but just ok)

I have several favorites: Avon super shock max, Maybelline great lash lots of lashes, covergirl super thick are 3 I constantly repurchase.

Worst: anything from L'Oreal (I'm allergic to something they use & they burn my eyes), Jordana best lash I think it's called was spider leg city on me.

I have a better time with They're Real! after it's been open a while and has a chance to thicken slightly. I actually prefer minis of it for that reason. I want to love Full Exposure because it looks so good but it flakes off on me so so bad. I have a tube I might try in summer when I'm not as dry.
I've had a few people tell me that the Full Exposure flakes on them. It is funny though how the same brands just work so differently for people. I've seen girls with They're Real mascara on and it looks amazing, but not on me  :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Favorites:

Lancôme Definicils (though I've only ever used the sample sizes from GWPs)--best overall

Too Faced Lashgasm--favorite for volume & curl

Korres Rice...Bran? Something healthy-sounding, anyway--this one is nice for a very natural look

Least favorites:

Buxom--too wet & heavy for me, ALWAYS gets on my lids

Lancôme Hypnose--same issue as Buxom

IT Cosmetics Tightliner Mascara Primer--sadly, because I love how this looks, but it is a total PITA to remove and I just don't have the patience.

I've never met a mascara I didn't like! It's one of my "could only use three types of products for the rest of my life" items, haha. But so far I really love Maybelline Colossal Volum'Express, and Benefit's They're Real. While I like these next two, Covergirl Lash Blast and Maybelline the Falsies have wowed me the least. Lash Blast just doesn't do much (I like it better as a base mascara, then layer better ones over it for more drama), and the Falsies are just too inconsistent.

I'm not a fan of what I've seen of that youniqe 3d lash. Every picture I've seen looks like they have spider legs attached to their lids. No thanks.

Ok so this might sound surprising to a lot of you because this mascara has received SO many positive reviews and so much raving about but Benefit's "They're Real" mascara does NOT work for me :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Idk what it is, it just gets clumpy and I find it to be too thick. I have tried many many mascaras over the years and have almost always found a way to make them work by layering etc. but this one refuses to work with me lol. Maybe it's just the fact that it's not "the real deal but a deluxe sample? I wanted to love it so bad!
On the other hand, the mascara that seems to work best for me is almost every single Maybelline mascara, especially the ones with a "thick" brush like the Volum' Express ones (I use the Colossal Volum' one at the moment") and Revlon Lash Potion (which I know a lot of people don't like).

I don't have much contribution here as I have not tried that many mascaras.  My favorites from AVON (I'm a rep) are the SuperSHOCK Max mascara as well as the Mega Effects mascara.  They work fine for me, but for my birthday I'm planning on trying Younique's 3D Fiber Lashes, as well as Urban Decay's Big Fatty mascara.  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back