May 2013 Ipsy bag!!! (Spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by MrsMeow /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Holy cow, I am officially a Zoya believer.  I painted my nails on Thursday quickly with 2 coats - no base or top coat because I'm short on time.  My son is in the ICU at the Children's Hospital, so I am washing my hands all the time.  Seriously, my hands have never been so cracked and dry.  But amazingly, this nail polish has held up in a freakish way.  I have my first chip today.  That's insane.
So sorry to hear about your son, I'll keep the both of you in my thoughts today! Which polish did you end up getting? I have Blu and I agree, it lasts FOREVER!.

Holy cow, I am officially a Zoya believer.  I painted my nails on Thursday quickly with 2 coats - no base or top coat because I'm short on time.  My son is in the ICU at the Children's Hospital, so I am washing my hands all the time.  Seriously, my hands have never been so cracked and dry.  But amazingly, this nail polish has held up in a freakish way.  I have my first chip today.  That's insane.
Oh no!  So sorry to hear about your son, I hope he recovers quickly 
hug.gif
  And seriously, the soap they use in ICU's is seriously harsh on skin!  That's amazing that your polish is lasting so long!

Zoya does not last on me, unfortunately (I can never go 24 hours without a chip, no matter what kind of polish).  I do have the Incoco strips on from a previous Birchbox (saved them for a wedding this weekend!) and they have been going strong since Saturday!  Just a few chips and some minimal tip wear, which is way better than anything I've ever tried before!

Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by MrsMeow /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh no!  So sorry to hear about your son, I hope he recovers quickly 
hug.gif
  And seriously, the soap they use in ICU's is seriously harsh on skin!  That's amazing that your polish is lasting so long!

Zoya does not last on me, unfortunately (I can never go 24 hours without a chip, no matter what kind of polish).  I do have the Incoco strips on from a previous Birchbox (saved them for a wedding this weekend!) and they have been going strong since Saturday!  Just a few chips and some minimal tip wear, which is way better than anything I've ever tried before!

The Incoco strips are fabulous.  I always get at least a week out of them.  The only reason I remove them is because I can't stand the nail growth.  I have a 3 year old and a 5 year old, OCD (whenever I wash my hands, I have to wash them 3 times and use hand sanitizer twice), and I play guitar (which isn't a nail polish-friendly instrument).  I am convinced that Incoco nail strips are made of a vampire blood base coat, nail polish consisting of mainly unicorn tears, and a top coat of Sookie's faerie lightning jazz hands.  (Can you tell I miss True Blood?) 

MrsMeow - I'm so sorry a bout your son.  I hope he gets better soon.  
hug.gif

thanks Miss Trix & yousoldtheworld! I knew I wasn't alone!
biggrin.gif

and MrsMeow, good thoughts for you & your son- here's to a speedy recovery!

Sorry to hear about your son hope he feels better soon.

Originally Posted by wildsp187 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This actually seems to have been a common occurrence with that option.. I hope you get it worked out.
Originally Posted by OnlyAverageMom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This happened to me and when I posted about it on Facebook, I was told to email ipsycare. I got a response that was basically "whoops" and rather than adjusting my glam room, they told me they would ship me the product I should of had (one of the three other Mirabella items). My package came today and...(drumroll)...I received another Mirabella lipstick! There was a nice note saying that they were unable to ship the product to me area (the powder, and wtf? My area? I live in coastal Delaware. No restrictions here!) and to enjoy the enclosed item instead. I literally laughed out loud when I opened the bag.

Hope you luck out better than I did!
shortly after my post, ipsy emailed me asking me to confirm what i had received in my bag and then a follow up email saying that they sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and would be sending me a replacement perfecting powder.  i guess we'll see!  @onlyaveragemom, i'm sorry they still screwed up your item!  their explanation seems a little, um, odd.

shortly after my post, ipsy emailed me asking me to confirm what i had received in my bag and then a follow up email saying that they sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and would be sending me a replacement perfecting powder.  i guess we'll see!  @onlyaveragemom, i'm sorry they still screwed up your item!  their explanation seems a little, um, odd.
I'm glad you got yours sorted out ! I emailed them on may 16. Got an auto reply on the 17th that they had not forgotten about me. I was patient and waited three more business days before shooting them another email. I still haven't heard anything at all, so I sent them one more email this morning. I know they're probably swamped, and I'm Trying to be patient and understanding. I hate rude customers, but I feel like over 10 days for a customer service response is ridiculous. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Finally got bag 3 today...not excited because I got the default bag even though THEY made the error and didn't charge me until I emailed them and asked them whats up, but heres what I got. Yaby-buff. 3rd one. Zoya- gie gie. 2nd one Brow gel- 2nd one. Rollerball- Island Vanilla. Thank God, I didn't care for the gardenia one I got in my last bag. Mirabella- pixie. No. even if I wore lipstick, no.

I got my replacement bag today...the one that was for my ongoing account that never showed, so I got the 'must be a scratched bar code' line and a replacement. I was sure it was going to be the crowd pleaser....and it technically wasn't. It had:

St Tropez - What I really wanted from my original bag (glam room showed the bronzing lotions, so I was excited for that. After I found out I had to get a replacement bag, I went ahead and purchased the Pacifica Sun Kissed glow, just in case I ended up with a crowd pleaser. So luck was on my side and I got the St Tropez.)

Zoya Pink - I was hoping for a purple since I got the pink in my crowd pleaser, but maybe I can trade or make someones day with a gift.

Vanilla Rollerball - Love the one I received in my crowd pleaser, but maybe will try to trade for a Gardenia, or save it for a backup.

Concealer in Honey - I got Buff in my crowd pleaser which was *almost* a match, honey is too dark.

Lipstick in Bellarina - A sparkly nude shade, will go good on * no makeup make up days* . Got Posy in my crowd pleaser and love it, so was good to get another wearable shade.

The bag is falling apart at the seams, but I'm not going to contact them over it since I now have two, and the other one is intact.

Overall, I enjoyed my two bags, but I will stick with one from now on. (I said crowd pleaser too many times in this post hahahahaha)

Has anyone else used the Mirabella Shimmerati? I got mine in a trade. I love the color and product itself. It is beyond beautiful. But the packaging is very, very unpractical. It's cute to look at and unique, but makes the actual application quite difficult, I think. I am better off using a finger to put it on or a lip brush. Anyone else have opinions about it?

Originally Posted by sabinebyrne /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Has anyone else used the Mirabella Shimmerati? I got mine in a trade. I love the color and product itself. It is beyond beautiful. But the packaging is very, very unpractical. It's cute to look at and unique, but makes the actual application quite difficult, I think. I am better off using a finger to put it on or a lip brush. Anyone else have opinions about it?
Sadly, I didn't get it in my bag (I think it's adorable!)  but I did see a video by Mirabella where a MUA squeezed out what she needed onto a lip brush.  I think that would be the best way to do it.  But since I don't actually have the item, I really can't say!

Got my crowd pleaser bag yesterday... Still an awesome value, but I was meh about it.  I got the gardenia rollerball, and I can't stand floral scents.  Zoya in pink, but it's the same as other pinks I have, and very sheer - not sure how many coats it will take to get opaque nails (though I knew pinks were in the crowd pleaser, so I'm not bummed about it).  And the reason I purchased a second bag, to get the lipstick, is what seriously bummed me out.  I got it in Bellarina - basically a sparkly/frosty gloss with zero color.  Looks very 90s, I hate it. I was really hoping for pixie, but I tested everything out so I probably can't trade.  Ironically, I wish I'd just had faith in ipsy's matching program - guess they were right that I'd prefer the juice beauty gloss over the lipstick, even if I didn't think so!

Originally Posted by Jane725 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Got my crowd pleaser bag yesterday... Still an awesome value, but I was meh about it.  I got the gardenia rollerball, and I can't stand floral scents.  Zoya in pink, but it's the same as other pinks I have, and very sheer - not sure how many coats it will take to get opaque nails (though I knew pinks were in the crowd pleaser, so I'm not bummed about it).  And the reason I purchased a second bag, to get the lipstick, is what seriously bummed me out.  I got it in Bellarina - basically a sparkly/frosty gloss with zero color.  Looks very 90s, I hate it. I was really hoping for pixie, but I tested everything out so I probably can't trade.  Ironically, I wish I'd just had faith in ipsy's matching program - guess they were right that I'd prefer the juice beauty gloss over the lipstick, even if I didn't think so!
Some of the trade lists have items that have been swatched, so you may still be able to swap it with someone, especially one of them.. swatched product for a swatched product seems fair to me.

Originally Posted by Jane725 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I would totally make a trade list (either here, on Facebook, or both) and see if anyone makes an offer. Depends on the person, but most people, from what I've noticed anyway, don't mind items that are swatched, as much as if they were actually used. I personally don't mind things swatched on a clean hand/arm, but definitely mind if they've actually been used, especially with lip products & mascaras in particular. However, I do prefer things unused whenever possible.

Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Sadly, I didn't get it in my bag (I think it's adorable!)  but I did see a video by Mirabella where a MUA squeezed out what she needed onto a lip brush.  I think that would be the best way to do it.  But since I don't actually have the item, I really can't say!
Was it the video they had when they were introducing it as a new product? if so, I saw that too, and that's what made me think the brush would be a good idea. My finger worked just fine for now. haha

Originally Posted by sabinebyrne /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Was it the video they had when they were introducing it as a new product? if so, I saw that too, and that's what made me think the brush would be a good idea. My finger worked just fine for now. haha

Hmm.... good question!  The video I saw was about a makeover for a Christmas party!  The MUA used the gloss as a pop of red on a neutral face. Was that it?

It's been a long time coming but my first ever Glam Bag arrived today!  I was so excited I tore in to it right away.  I was thrilled to see the Pacifica Island Vanilla rollerball, that is exactly what I wanted.  As long as I got that if everything else wasn't to my taste I would have still been cool with it.  I also got the brow gel which I am fine with, and I got the Yaby concealer in buff which should match well!  I feel lucky to be one of the few people who actually received a concealer appropriate for their skin tone.  I am always on the hunt for a new great concealer so I am really happy about this.

I knew the lipstick and Zoya could go either way; I got the Mirabella lipstick in Pixie, the coral color which I already have several similar versions of.  I received the Zoya polish in Gei Gei, I like the color but I do not like shimmery, metalic, pearlescent nail polishes.  I was really hoping for one of the creams like Blu, Neely, or Jacqueline but I suppose you can't win them all.

I'm looking forward to the June bag and hoping I won't be one of the very last people to get their bags next month.  The anticipation was killing me this month!

Originally Posted by Flowerfish /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's been a long time coming but my first ever Glam Bag arrived today!  I was so excited I tore in to it right away.  I was thrilled to see the Pacifica Island Vanilla rollerball, that is exactly what I wanted.  As long as I got that if everything else wasn't to my taste I would have still been cool with it.  I also got the brow gel which I am fine with, and I got the Yaby concealer in buff which should match well!  I feel lucky to be one of the few people who actually received a concealer appropriate for their skin tone.  I am always on the hunt for a new great concealer so I am really happy about this.

I knew the lipstick and Zoya could go either way; I got the Mirabella lipstick in Pixie, the coral color which I already have several similar versions of.  I received the Zoya polish in Gei Gei, I like the color but I do not like shimmery, metalic, pearlescent nail polishes.  I was really hoping for one of the creams like Blu, Neely, or Jacqueline but I suppose you can't win them all.

I'm looking forward to the June bag and hoping I won't be one of the very last people to get their bags next month.  The anticipation was killing me this month!
Woohoo!! Your bag is fashionably late is all. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Here's hoping you're one of the first to get yours next month!

So... a few weeks ago I emailed Ipsy to let them know my contents didn't match my glam bag (I received a Mirabella Lipstick instead of the powder/lip liner/glimmer gloss that showed in my glam room) and they emailed me back a week later to say "sorry, we'll send you the correct item." I just got the package today and received (drum roll please...)

another lipstick.  I'm not upset at all, because now I have Pixie (coral), the color I wanted at the beginning (got Posy in my original bag), it's just like... Sorry we sent you a lipstick.  Here's another lipstick to make up for it!

But, I like the Pixie.  So... win/win? 

So... a few weeks ago I emailed Ipsy to let them know my contents didn't match my glam bag (I received a Mirabella Lipstick instead of the powder/lip liner/glimmer gloss that showed in my glam room) and they emailed me back a week later to say "sorry, we'll send you the correct item." I just got the package today and received (drum roll please...) another lipstick.  I'm not upset at all, because now I have Pixie (coral), the color I wanted at the beginning (got Posy in my original bag), it's just like... Sorry we sent you a lipstick.  Here's another lipstick to make up for it! But, I like the Pixie.  So... win/win? 
When I emailed them about that, it took them over 10 days to get back to me, and then they basically told me it was because they ran out of the correct stuff and I was out of luck. ....why bother having accurate glam rooms then ?

Latest posts

Back