May 2013 Ipsy bag!!! (Spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had to email ipsy awhile back cause again this month my polish leaked...not much its still usable...so i wasnt even bothered.it was more of a heads up email cause everytime we get polish mines leaked in my bags, contained within the boxes but still disappointing, so they sent another. So now i have jacqueline and gie gie...so happy about it. I love the pink...im a pink addict. The jacqueline is good for me as a base or for tips/art but i tried it alone and didnt like it against my pale skin. They also sent me another concealer...i asked for suggestions since buff was too dark cause usually they link me to some awesome idea pages...but this time they sent another...in the same exact color...lmao. oh well, i wasnt aiming for more just ideas.lol, but i did find it works good as an eye primer...i dont like it as a concealer though,i tried just for seeing how it works to see if i wanted to buy my shade...i dont, doesnt blend worth a crap. i also got the lipstick in pixie but traded a girl on here for posy...so happy i did, we both loved our new colors. im not a lipstick person anway ,esp not corals...i love them on others,love coral colors..i look like a clown in them though. Posy is more me,and btw posy looks awesome under the fig gloss from the bag...its a nice shimmery muted pink when blended and actually blends to a nice feel/consistancy...very classy looking. I might have to break tradition and start buying lipsticks now, ive always been a gloss girl, but im really liking this stick. For the lipstick junkies out there...what are some other good ones i, the new convert, should know are awetastical? I know i like mirabella now.lol

Originally Posted by lissa1307 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had to email ipsy awhile back cause again this month my polish leaked...not much its still usable...so i wasnt even bothered.it was more of a heads up email cause everytime we get polish mines leaked in my bags, contained within the boxes but still disappointing, so they sent another. So now i have jacqueline and gie gie...so happy about it. I love the pink...im a pink addict. The jacqueline is good for me as a base or for tips/art but i tried it alone and didnt like it against my pale skin. They also sent me another concealer...i asked for suggestions since buff was too dark cause usually they link me to some awesome idea pages...but this time they sent another...in the same exact color...lmao. oh well, i wasnt aiming for more just ideas.lol, but i did find it works good as an eye primer...i dont like it as a concealer though,i tried just for seeing how it works to see if i wanted to buy my shade...i dont, doesnt blend worth a crap. i also got the lipstick in pixie but traded a girl on here for posy...so happy i did, we both loved our new colors. im not a lipstick person anway ,esp not corals...i love them on others,love coral colors..i look like a clown in them though. Posy is more me,and btw posy looks awesome under the fig gloss from the bag...its a nice shimmery muted pink when blended and actually blends to a nice feel/consistancy...very classy looking. I might have to break tradition and start buying lipsticks now, ive always been a gloss girl, but im really liking this stick. For the lipstick junkies out there...what are some other good ones i, the new convert, should know are awetastical? I know i like mirabella now.lol
Awetastical...love it! For me, I really like Aveda's Nourish-mint line (it's minty and lasts while not feeling dry or heavy). Drugstore brands, I really like Rimmel London Lasting Intense Wear. 

I am in love with Lipstick Queen - a bit pricey but they are really really good! 

Got my replacement bag today....couldn't wait to see what I got.  Was I going to get what was in my glam room or maybe the crowd pleaser? HA! NEITHER!!

1- Zoya in Gie Gie (was hoping for purple but okay it's pink, I like pink and my daughter got this one and I tried it so I know I like it. I am now thinking I got the crowd pleaser bag.

2- Yaby concealer- in pecan- what? chalk me up as one of those who didn't get one close to their skin color. I am light/med. But this happened to lots of people. Maybe use it as a brown cream shadow. 

3- Pacifica coconut crushed pearl- COOL! This was suppose to be in my orginal bag! And I really will take all the Pacifica I can get.

4-Big sexy hair powder play- Um, WTF? We got this last month!!

5-BareMinerals Moxie in DareDevil-  #^%$@(*&^%^ (censored myself) ARE KIDDING ME???????? I waited a month for freaking REPEATS???? From not only a month ago but NOVEMBER?????? oh HELL NO!

soap.gif

Got my replacement bag today....couldn't wait to see what I got.  Was I going to get what was in my glam room or maybe the crowd pleaser? HA! NEITHER!! 1- Zoya in Gie Gie (was hoping for purple but okay it's pink, I like pink and my daughter got this one and I tried it so I know I like it. I am now thinking I got the crowd pleaser bag. 2- Yaby concealer- in pecan- what? chalk me up as one of those who didn't get one close to their skin color. I am light/med. But this happened to lots of people. Maybe use it as a brown cream shadow.  3- Pacifica coconut crushed pearl- COOL! This was suppose to be in my orginal bag! And I really will take all the Pacifica I can get. 4-Big sexy hair powder play- Um, WTF? We got this last month!! 5-BareMinerals Moxie in DareDevil-  #^%$@(*&^%^ (censored myself) ARE KIDDING ME???????? I waited a month for freaking REPEATS???? From not only a month ago but NOVEMBER?????? oh HELL NO! :soap:
Okay. They obviously need to rethink their whole system. They're selling bags for so long into the month but don't have stuff left to make corrections to members, or even to send out the correct items from glam rooms. -.-

Originally Posted by Roxane68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Got my replacement bag today....couldn't wait to see what I got.  Was I going to get what was in my glam room or maybe the crowd pleaser? HA! NEITHER!!

1- Zoya in Gie Gie (was hoping for purple but okay it's pink, I like pink and my daughter got this one and I tried it so I know I like it. I am now thinking I got the crowd pleaser bag.

2- Yaby concealer- in pecan- what? chalk me up as one of those who didn't get one close to their skin color. I am light/med. But this happened to lots of people. Maybe use it as a brown cream shadow. 

3- Pacifica coconut crushed pearl- COOL! This was suppose to be in my orginal bag! And I really will take all the Pacifica I can get.

5-BareMinerals Moxie in DareDevil-  #^%$@(*&^%^ (censored myself) ARE KIDDING ME???????? I waited a month for freaking REPEATS???? From not only a month ago but NOVEMBER?????? oh HELL NO!

soap.gif
Whoa!
wtf.gif
 Looks like they ran out of stuff for your replacement, but damn! Never seen anyone get a replacement bag with products from old bags... 
SHOCKED.gif
 That's a first. Like what skylite said, they do need to rework their system since they're apparently running out of products for this bag to give as replacements to members.

I emailed them to see what they were going to do about it because it am sooooo ticked off. And I know it's silly to get so upset over a $10 bag but geez. Give the leftover stuff to the newbies who wouldn't know any better.

I emailed them to see what they were going to do about it because it am sooooo ticked off. And I know it's silly to get so upset over a $10 bag but geez. Give the leftover stuff to the newbies who wouldn't know any better.
rofl2.gif
LMAO...sorry, just the way you put it was hilarious...screw the newbies!

rofl2.gif
LMAO...sorry, just the way you put it was hilarious...screw the newbies!
LOL...I guess it does come across that way. Not that the products I received were (are) crap. I did like them the FIRST time I got them. The BE Moxie is in the SAME color (Daredevil) as the Nov bag. It's not even a different color. It's such a let down after all the excitement and anticipation of receiving the MAY products. So no offense to newbies, but I wish I didn't get the stuff from bags past. Gifedt my daughter a 3 month sub and this is her first month. I doubt if she would have known the difference if she had gotten my bag. She is already attached to her stuff since she has had it for 2 weeks so I doubt if I convince her to switch.

I would be frustrated, too...but I am willing to bet a big part of the issue is that a HUGE number of people ordered 2, 3, or even more bags apiece this month, they probably weren't anticipating that! Especially when coupled with a large number of replacement bags. Hopefully they'll anticipate this in the future, as more bag variation will likely mean more people getting duplicate bags!

LOL...I guess it does come across that way. Not that the products I received were (are) crap. I did like them the FIRST time I got them. The BE Moxie is in the SAME color (Daredevil) as the Nov bag. It's not even a different color. It's such a let down after all the excitement and anticipation of receiving the MAY products. So no offense to newbies, but I wish I didn't get the stuff from bags past. Gifedt my daughter a 3 month sub and this is her first month. I doubt if she would have known the difference if she had gotten my bag. She is already attached to her stuff since she has had it for 2 weeks so I doubt if I convince her to switch.
Oh I got it, it just cracked me up when i read it. I would be ticked too..unless they had given another UD liner, i wouldve been ok with multiples of that one,lol...but i completely get where you are coming from...Ipsy is a bag to try new things...to sample products that are new to you...not redo the same ones every month. Ipsy is pretty good though, so I'm figuring since you vented to them... if they dont give you another bag when they can get new products they will probably give you a month free or a code to order a good product for free...I was really surprised cause even when i've had screw ups with them they've always made it right quick.

soap.gif
Awww, that really sucks. I would be WTH? as well if I get repeats from last year in my bag. But the way you worded everything is kinda funny, lol.
laughno.gif

Man! This thread is long! I usually don't regret cancelling (I always cancel to replace with another sub), but that Pacifica rollerball should be mine!

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I would be frustrated, too...but I am willing to bet a big part of the issue is that a HUGE number of people ordered 2, 3, or even more bags apiece this month, they probably weren't anticipating that! Especially when coupled with a large number of replacement bags. Hopefully they'll anticipate this in the future, as more bag variation will likely mean more people getting duplicate bags!
Agreed! Although, how could they NOT have anticipated this at all, lol, SO many different variations! Crazy
blink.gif

Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Agreed! Although, how could they NOT have anticipated this at all, lol, SO many different variations! Crazy
blink.gif

Honestly, I don't think any of these companies realize what rabid addicts we all are until they encounter one of these situations and learn the hard way, lmao!

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Honestly, I don't think any of these companies realize what rabid addicts we all are until they encounter one of these situations and learn the hard way, lmao!
laughno.gif
roflmao.gif

The funny thing is that I ended up giving in and getting a second sub for June about two days ago. I was expecting to breeze through the sign up but to my utter surprise I got put onto the waitlist. Now that I think about it, I wouldn't be surprise if they've learned their lesson about having enough replacement bags/extra products and that my second Ipsy bag won't be until July.

I know that some folks go the St. Tropez One Night Only and wasn't too stalked about it.  I got it in my Sephora Sun Safety and thought for sure I was never going to use it...  

I used it today on my outlet run to Deer Park Tanger in the 95 F heat.   I squeezed some Euerin SPF 15 on palm and an equal amount of the St. Tropez next to it and rubbed my hands together before applying to legs, arms and neck line.  

It looked real natural!  My winter pale arms, legs and neck line matched my face.  Nothing rubbed off while trying clothes on and I was protected while looking a wee bit tanned.  I will use the St. Tropez along with SPF body lotion on days that I'll be wearing shorts and tank tops until I've a chance to get a little bathing suit action.  

ZoomButt.gif

Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So... a few weeks ago I emailed Ipsy to let them know my contents didn't match my glam bag (I received a Mirabella Lipstick instead of the powder/lip liner/glimmer gloss that showed in my glam room) and they emailed me back a week later to say "sorry, we'll send you the correct item." I just got the package today and received (drum roll please...)

another lipstick.  I'm not upset at all, because now I have Pixie (coral), the color I wanted at the beginning (got Posy in my original bag), it's just like... Sorry we sent you a lipstick.  Here's another lipstick to make up for it!

But, I like the Pixie.  So... win/win? 
The exact thing happened to me! I did not expect to get anything-- I just wanted to let them know there was a website issue so they could pass the info along to their IT dept. It was actually a note of praise! They said they were sending a powder and then it turned out to be a Pixie lipstick. I'm glad i got an extra, but it was not necessary. Now I feel like I was a "nuisance" customer. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Am I crazy for thinking that way? 

Back