Maybe I do have too much makeup...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can understand how it can be frustrating when you have all that makeup, yet you can't think of anything that you can do with it except stare at it.

I don't feel like I have too much makeup, but I do feel like I don't have enough, LOL! I like having the colors I have, because I really enjoy playing with different combinations and different looks.

I have the same problem and I think my everyday e/s I use is getting way old.I don't know what to use anymore.

i guess i'm having the same issues because i don't even where shadow daily anymore. it was taking me over 30 minutes to get ready in the morning. i was beginning to plan my outfits around my makeup! too wild! i'm up to 6 of those small sterilite 3 drawer units. that's 18 drawers and half of those are eyeshadows! i think we all may need a 12 step program! lmao~

OMG! I can so relate. I have so many e/s (both pressed and loose minerals) that I am so overwhelmed that I've been sticking to 2 basic looks recently.

And I just realised this weekend that one of my fave shades that I've been using in the past month (and recently bought a backup) is exactly the same as another one I already own (but different company). When that happens you know you have too much mu.

Originally Posted by monniej /img/forum/go_quote.gif i guess i'm having the same issues because i don't even where shadow daily anymore. it was taking me over 30 minutes to get ready in the morning. i was beginning to plan my outfits around my makeup! too wild! i'm up to 6 of those small sterilite 3 drawer units. that's 18 drawers and half of those are eyeshadows! i think we all may need a 12 step program! lmao~ OMG! I have 5 of those bad boys, and they're ALL e/s (with like, layers of e/s)! Not to mention the 15-pan palettes, and the quads I have in a separate snap-lid container LOL! And I confess, sometimes I do plan my outfit around my MU LOL!

Guilty as charged!!!

I have been playing with my MAC haul lately, all six Flashtronic mineralize eyeshadows, plus Paradisco, Trax, Cranberry, Greensmoke and MAC pigments from Rushmetal... that I haven't touched my Shus and Cle de Peau e/s. My other babies feel neglected!

I am not an eyeshadow lover, but I am sure that one can get a headache just trying to come up with eyeshadow combos. What I see that helps is to buy those sets that come together. There are so many possibilities. I would choose a combo for work, and maybe 2 alternatives. Like I said I tend to use one color eyeshadow, I have many but I dont mix 2 colors that often. Clinique sells the 2 colors in a compact. I use those.

I have all different brands, all different colors, but I have my staples that I tend to turn to everyday and some of my stuff gets neglected. But I really do enjoy deciding what to wear everyday. It's fun to me.
smile.gif

You are so not alone, I have that problem, I have so many damn eyeshadows and I keep getting more! I also have a love for palettes so many are in palettes and I always forget to use them.

I too have an over abundance of makeup and i just keep buying it. I love that for the past month i have just worn the same colors and style on my eyes and lips....wtf??? I have so much makeup I could open up a store. I love when new MAC collections come out and I have to have it and then decide to wear my same old stuff. I need to start wearing some of the stuff I got.

Oh, I'm the same. I have sooo much, I'll never use it up. I've even gone through and given away over half my stash, and I still have way too much. And yet I keep on buying more.

what too much??? what does that mean? you can never have too much lol!

nah i can relate, but i cant stop collecting...i need an intervention soon

I'm really surprised at how many ladies say they have too much. I wish I could say that, but I've just started buying makeup this year for the first time since I was like 15. So, right now I just have a few basics. And, I'm the type of girl that when I say basics, I mean bright yellow, green, orange, and blue. EEK! The only neutrals I have are from the Blue eye palette from Almay.

I'm like that too...I have a ton of e/s but lately I've been using the same colors, I feel selfish though, because I don't want to give anything away...LOL...I'm going to eventually.

sell swap and play withit ! like enter the dare to be everytime a contests up
biggrin.gif
that would be SOOO FUN

and use those makeup on other ppl and charge them for putting on makeup for them!!!!

yep yep, guilty as charged here!

I only started to accumulated since last October, so my collection isn't as extensive, but I have over 50 full/half jars of pigments, 16 MSFs (some backups, as if I would use them up), quite a few e/s, etc. (and quite a bit of BE e/s too)

It does get overwhelming at times to pick out colors to wear.

Originally Posted by tadzio79 /img/forum/go_quote.gif yep yep, guilty as charged here!I only started to accumulated since last October, so my collection isn't as extensive, but I have over 50 full/half jars of pigments, 16 MSFs (some backups, as if I would use them up), quite a few e/s, etc. (and quite a bit of BE e/s too)

It does get overwhelming at times to pick out colors to wear.

Whoa bandit! You started collecting after me and have more MSFs and pigments than I have! Well, I have a lot of pigments, but not all are full or half jars as some are just samples. I only have 3 MSFs (Glissade, Northern Light & Shooting Star). Although, I have well over 100 e/s (depending on how they're counted, I have over 200 LOL)!

Back