Mega Rave for Everyday Minerals

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love their blushes and natural reflections. But i have stopped ordering from them b/c of the very annoying changes, and also because they removed the mini kit. I have luckily stocked up on NF. I doubt i will ever place orders with EDM again,but never say never ;-)

Interesting. I used to be in love with them too, but have also gotten soured in recent months.

Shades are inconsistent, promises not kept, products abruptly discontinued.

And I used to really like their forum, but now it's full of zombie women who get defensive on the company's behalf if anyone doesn't speak completely glowingly about them. Not to mention critical comments, no matter how constructively phrased, just get deleted.

I am here lookin for new brands to try.

I like the low prices but the standard of the makeup was lacking. I agree with Sonia on product inconstency and customer service that is none to willing to be of service at all. I've found much better satisfaction with other companies.

This is the first and only one I ever tried and I've been happy with it. I mix 2 of the colors as my summer tan progresses, then ebbs in the fall. I've found I have to be careful with the tan color as it will make me orangey if I'm not frugal with it.

Love their blush, very natural on me.

nanzi

I used to be super faithful to EDM, but with the recent (constant) changes, I can't continue to be a loyal customer. Their brushes and blushes are amazing, but you can't rely on any of the products because of the constant changes. I like my makeup line to retain some of the same products once in a while.

I used to wear their foundation exclusively, but for some reason it no longer works for me. By the end of the day, I have a line halfway across my forehead where the makeup seems to have literally slid down my face. Wearing SN right now, loving it and awaiting an EG sample!

Their new brushes are great and I like their price structure but the quality of the make up in many areas just doesn't measure up to other companies like EGM, Fyrinnae, Lauress, and Cory's.

I actually have found more products i like in EDM than in Corys, Fyrinnae and Lauress. And this in spite of the fact that im not in love with EDM ( the company and their stupid changes for the worst) at ALL these days :-/

I've found two items that I can't live without from EDM: their eye kabuki brush (which made mineral concealer usable for me) and the Aussie Perk Me Up concealer. The latter I use as a light dusting on top of a more matte under eye concealer and it gives a beautiful, luminous finish.
smile.gif
There are several other items I like from EDM; their blushes mainly.

I've found a match in the foundation but unfortunately the finish wasn't what I was looking for.

Originally Posted by s0phia /img/forum/go_quote.gif And I used to really like their forum, but now it's full of zombie women who get defensive on the company's behalf if anyone doesn't speak completely glowingly about them. Not to mention critical comments, no matter how constructively phrased, just get deleted.
I am here lookin for new brands to try.

Agreed...And it's no longer a cosmetics forum... people share too much information there, far too personal and i think it is not wise to put so much of one's life up there in public.

Maybe that's just me - dunno...

I also love EDM products, if they have a product that you love you'd better stock up as it can be discountinued anytime which is very frustrating. They had a colour corrector called Peach which was perfect for me as a foundation and concealer but they discountinued it.

I love Everyday Minerals! I tried to go to Bare Minerals for a while too, but they don't offer near as many shades and they make me look slightly sparkly for some reason...Ive always gotten the Intensive and the sample pots are great to use as a spot concealer and the small sample pot will last FOREVER using it just for that.

I used to be a loyal customer. I didn't mind the changes (new website, no PayPal, not kits) that much, when their employers posted rude replies on the forum and started to edit and delete posts and threads that didn't break any rules, I was disappointed but still wanted to order from them. Then I found out how horrible their CS is and couldn't believe it (after the way they treated one of their customers I wouldn't want their products for free). Also, they either changed formulation without changing the ingredient list or had a bad batch (both happened before, but I wasn't concerned then).

If you want to get some EDM for cheap, after they took down the forum we moved to a new forum. I can't post links yet, so if you are interested, google Chanty's forum and click on the second result - it's EDM thread on the Silk Naturals forum, there's a link. There isn't a long Swap/Sell list, because most people don't want more EDM and want to get rid of it instead, so if you ask, you'll probably get a lot of offers.

The main reason I started this thread is because I want people to have some way of knowing the review is there again (the epinions review doesn't show up unless I am logged in to epinions). Any ideas on why that is? Thanks a lot!

i'm crazy about everyday minerals! so inexpensive compared to other brands. only issue i had with it was that it took awhile to find the right shade. now they don't have free samples anymore. but thankfully i got the samples before they switched over to the $5 samples.

I just purchased a lot of items from them because they are so inexpensive and the 12 item deal is too good to pass up. Glad I found this forum so if there is something I simply love in this order I will definitely stock up.

I just ordered a sample skit from EM after a crappy experience with Bare Minerals. I wore it for 1 whole day and my skin became itchy and caused a dryness around my mouth/nose area from the rash?

I want a dewy look but not too shimmery. I have dry skin...will intensive work best on my skin?

Originally Posted by kei /img/forum/go_quote.gif I just ordered a sample skit from EM after a crappy experience with Bare Minerals. I wore it for 1 whole day and my skin became itchy and caused a dryness around my mouth/nose area from the rash?
I want a dewy look but not too shimmery. I have dry skin...will intensive work best on my skin?

I found Intensive best for dry skin, but it's matte. Original Glo is good for dry skin, too, but it is a little shimmery and only sheer coverage. So if you want a dewy, not shimmery look, you'll have to try a different company. (Also, they recently changed their formulas and there's a new ingredient they want to put in all of their products - if the new ingredient is what caused the itching then none of the formulas will work for you.)
I love Earthen Glow Minerals. Their medium coverage formula - Youthful Glow - is awesome. It's glowy, not shiny or shimmery. I couldn't believe how great it looked. Their website is awful, shipping is slow during sales and it takes them ages to answer e-mails (which is very very annoying), but the wait is worth it for me.

Back