Mega Rave for Everyday Minerals

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the advice marion's. I'm not a big fan of "shimmery" but I'll see how the different formuals work for my skin. Does anyone know what the new ingredient is? I don't know why they would change their formula...but I'm hoping the ingredient isn't bismuth.

I'll keep Earthen Glow Minerals in mind, how long did their shipping taking for you? I notice you are from Czech and maybe that's why shipping took forever. Researching further on the boards I've read that Earthen Glow has horrible customer service and I don't think I want to deal with their business. Not to mention I'm an impatient person. Ha.

do you recommend a primer under the EM? and what moisturizer under minerals if no primer?

I've been reading a lot of reviews about EM and have heard many negative things. I think it will prove to dry my skin and I've also read that it creates colorless bumps on a persons face. I think mineral make up just isn't meant for dry skin. I'm afraid to try my sampler!

MoMoofnac I've also read that primer and MOISTURIZER is the key to not having your skin look dry after you apply EM.

Kei, the new ingredient is lauroyl lysine. They also changed other ingredients, I don't remember all the changes, there's no bismuth but it seems the quality of the foundation went down - it doesn't last as long and makes more people itch.

I got my last EGM package after 3 weeks, so it wasn't slow for me - I very rarely get packages in less than two weeks. I find it very annoying how long it takes them to answer emails. I have a few questions and don't feel like emailing them considering it could take them weeks to answer. However, I would like to point out that EDM's CS is even worse. Compared to EDM, I wouldn't call EGM's CS horrible.

Originally Posted by marions /img/forum/go_quote.gif Kei, the new ingredient is lauroyl lysine. They also changed other ingredients, I don't remember all the changes, there's no bismuth but it seems the quality of the foundation went down - it doesn't last as long and makes more people itch.
I got my last EGM package after 3 weeks, so it wasn't slow for me - I very rarely get packages in less than two weeks. I find it very annoying how long it takes them to answer emails. I have a few questions and don't feel like emailing them considering it could take them weeks to answer. However, I would like to point out that EDM's CS is even worse. Compared to EDM, I wouldn't call EGM's CS horrible.

I emailed EGM last night because I need help with a color match. I guess I shouldn't expect them to answer anytime soon. I don't know what colors to pick for foundation samples. Their minimum order is $10? Bah. I did read that EGM was great for people with dry skin so I want to try it.
I'm getting my EDM samples today and I'm kind of afraid to try it since I'm just getting over the allergic reaction my skin had to Bare Escuentials (I have dry patches and my face is STILL itchy from the bismuth I think). I can't believe after only one day of use my skin was suffering for the whole week. I hope I have a better reaction to EDM. Thanks for all your advice!

Here's some info on Lauroyl Lysine if anyone is interested.

( won't let me post the link)

thegreenbeautyguide.com/?p=231

Most of lauroyl lysine used in cosmetics comes from China and used in make up to give that "silky" feeling.

I just tried my Everyday Mineral Samples. I can't say I'm too wild about their foundations. They seriously have little coverage. I'm not a fan of heavy coverage AT ALL but my face pretty much looks the same with/without EDM. Anyone else find that EDM is not enough coverage? How much do I need to put on?

Originally Posted by marions /img/forum/go_quote.gif ...However, I would like to point out that EDM's CS is even worse. Compared to EDM, I wouldn't call EGM's CS horrible. I totally agree, and as a former loyal customer, I would NEVER buy anything from Everyday Minerals again. Their customer service is downright appalling. And they are not such a bargain when they underfill their jars so much, raised their prices, and make you buy a certain number of products you may not even want just to get a discount.
I am actually glad they became so offensive and made so many terrible changes in their company, makeup and prices... because there are much better brands and products out there.

Many of the refugees from the EDM forum have been sampling different MMU companies to find replacements. Some of the highest rated have been:

Silk Naturals, which actually comes out to be cheaper than EDM. You mix your own foundation color, but it is much easier than it seems and quite easy to get a great match. They also have some of the best lippies, eyeshadows and blushes.

Lucy Minerals have been getting raves for their foundation. I haven't tried it yet, but it's supposed to have fantastic coverage while not being at all cakey.

Sassy Minerals also has been getting raves, and has very cheap samples. $0.75 for a partially filled jar. People seem to love their eyeshadows and blushes too.

Earthen Glow Minerals - the Youthful Glow foundation received raves, and some liked to mix it with their Cover Me formula for more coverage. Shipping time has been an issue, and it seems they were overwhelmed with so many new customers and orders that they had a problem keeping up with emails. They sent out an apology and are trying to catch up on things.

Here is a link where you can read a lot of good, detailed information: Mineral Makeup Forums • Login They also have a section under "cosmetics" for Swatches and a great Swap/Buy section. (A lot of former EDM customers are trying to get rid of their EDM, so if you really want something from that brand, you can probably find it super cheap. Check Ebay too.)

Oh, and here is a great blog post that reviews a ton of mineral foundations: A Comprehensive Review of Mineral Foundations I've Tried |TheShadesOfU.com

She likes Monave a lot for full coverage. They recently had a 50% off sale on their entire product line, which I missed, but I'm hoping to try them in the future. They also have inexpensive mineral/natural lipsticks and glosses in mini and sample sizes, which are supposed to be very nice.

I agree with everything mk12 said.

EGM: They said there would be no minimum order when the (previous, 30% off) sale ends - I hope they keep their promise, there's another sale right now though. Their blushes and eye shadows are great, so it's not a problem for me, but many people only want to try the foundation. They have free sample kits, but they're out of stock. You look quite pale in the photo, so you should probably try the fair kit, you can choose Cover Me for heavy coverage (great reviews, but a little drying for me) or Youthful Glow (awesome!) for medium coverage. I'm waiting for the free kits, too, so I'll post here when they come back in stock.

EDM: I needed a lot of product when using EDM foundation, even the heaviest formula. EGM Cover Me gives heavier coverage than EDM Intensive. The fullest coverage foundation I tried is Lucy Minerals though - I tried it for the first time today and I used a really tiny amount (all MMU companies say you only need a small amount of product, this is the first time it is true for me as I need heavy coverage).

Back