Memebox Affiliates

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@@biancardi yes, got that email too.  that coupon code is advertised on their website so it's not affiliate related.

I did not get the email about how they already sent out the tax forms, though.  Which is weird.

And obviously they are lying if not one of us got one.  And if they sent them in January someone would have definitely received one by now.

I almost want to contact the IRS out of spite.  I don't like being lied to.  If you forgot, say you forgot.  That's a lot better than flat out lying to people.
This is the email I got:

I apologize for the delayed response. 

I received your W-9 forms and my accounting team already sent out Form 1099 to affiliates including you during the last week of January. I asked them for tracking information and resend it to you in case previous mail was not delivered for some reason, and I'll update you asap. (The response may be delayed because of President's Day..) 

I'll follow up with paperwork regarding your commissions as well. Thank you for you patience. 

Best,
HaEun 

Yea....mkay.

This is the email I got:

I apologize for the delayed response. 

I received your W-9 forms and my accounting team already sent out Form 1099 to affiliates including you during the last week of January. I asked them for tracking information and resend it to you in case previous mail was not delivered for some reason, and I'll update you asap. (The response may be delayed because of President's Day..) 

I'll follow up with paperwork regarding your commissions as well. Thank you for you patience. 

Best,
HaEun 

Yea....mkay.
that is the same damn email I got.  Pffttt.  Bullshit.

So I have been waiting for weeks for them to clear ONE sale that has been pending since January 21st. I've e-mailed Lauren about it and still haven't heard back from her, so I'm just saying screw it and requesting my commissions. 

Still no word on the tax documents and I'm getting more and more angry about it by the day. 

Lauren said they were going to try reloading the tracking numbers or something.  i still have three with one from Jan 9th.

We don't have to have it finished until the 20th, so I might wait a day or two more.

Then didn't it say somewhere that we should have all out money by the 28th?  I think so.

Oh, and while I'm thinking about it and feeling peevish I just wanted to say way to cut out your affiliates for making it impossible to earn commissions on anything sold in the new app.  I know it doesn't really matter but I'm just so grumpy with Memebox over the tax documents that I'm venting. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, and while I'm thinking about it and feeling peevish I just wanted to say way to cut out your affiliates for making it impossible to earn commissions on anything sold in the new app.  I know it doesn't really matter but I'm just so grumpy with Memebox over the tax documents that I'm venting. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I know...   I honestly think they just want to discontinue the affiliate program, as their current offerings just are so lame.

I thought the same thing when I started scrolling through the app. I was like...oh snap...If I bought something through this then no one would get a commission...wtf.

Honestly like I mentioned above, other than the 3 boxes I got from them during the refund thing, I haven't purchased a single thing from them. I don't care to promote them, regardless of how much money they brought in...it's just not worth my time or my blog's integrity to promote something that I'm not longer a fan of. If they start moving in a better direction, or have a really good deal, I'll promote it, otherwise, I have better companies to promote and better things to do with my time lol

Oh.My.God.

So.. Memebox just emailed me and told me I could get my 1099 from Paypal.  And included the steps on how to get it.  "In case I hadn't received it yet."

No.  Just... NO!

I don't have a business paypal account.  And I havent made $20,000!!  Those are the requirements to get a 1099 from Paypal.

So I wrote back and said not one person that I know who is an affiliate have received their forms. Not one.

And asked if they had reissued them.

I do have a suspicious Memebox package coming today and I'm HOPING it's my dang forms.  I'm so grumpy.  I'm thankful that Memebox pays us and all and I'm glad I was able to earn so much money but this is frustrating! And I'd rather be grumpy on Memebox' side than the IRS, lets be honest.

They told me that as well - I logged on and nothing, nada was waiting for me in the tax area in paypal

My suspicious package was not my 1099 :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  It was the Missha Strawberry Cleansing foam I had ordered with the Leaders box (which was packaged separately)

I COULD SCREAM RIGHT NOW.

GIVE. ME. MY. TAX. INFORMATION. MEMEBOX.

Seriously what the F!!

My question is this: can we be audited or penalized in any way if we do our taxes without this memebox paperwork?

I need to get them done ASAP and I'm seriously tired of waiting.

I just sent this e-mail because I'm really sick and tired of being tossed around and told one thing and then another. They flat out refuse to admit they didn't send them out, yet no one has received them, and they have provided NO ONE with tracking information proving they were ever mailed to begin with, even though they said in an earlier email that they were "checking the tracking information." 

HaEun,

I don't have a business paypal account, nor have I made $20,000.  Those are the requirements to get a 1099 through Paypal.

There is no document there for me to see.

If my documents are not re-issued to me within the week, I have no choice but to report this to the IRS. I know dozens of fellow Memebox affiliates, and not a single one of them has received their documents, so I know this is not just an issue with me.

My paperwork should have been mailed to me by the 31st of January. It is now the 17th of February. This is not only illegal, but incredibly unprofessional. I feel like I've been very patient in waiting for information on this situation. Please re-issue my tax information to me immediately along with a tracking number so I can make sure it arrives to me safely.

If you can confirm that you've received this message, that would be greatly appreciated. I would like a time frame which I can expect my documents to arrive, or I have no other choice but to take the steps to contact the IRS about this issue. I need to complete my taxes, and I have been waiting on Memebox documents for far too long now.

Thank you,

-Rachel Beckwith

My question is this: can we be audited or penalized in any way if we do our taxes without this memebox paperwork?

I need to get them done ASAP and I'm seriously tired of waiting.
We can file a correction later on, if memebox sends it out.   I remember years ago, I took some $$ out of my 401K plan and was not going to be taxed on it, as it was a loan.  Well, the  company I worked for folded and even though we were told that our 401K plan would not be dissolved, it was a few years later.   I was able to roll over my existing $$ into my current 401K plan, but that loan was now taxable and the government just billed me an amount.  I didn't get audited, but I did get interest tacked on. 

What a bummer. I'm not a tax expert nor do I have affiliate account with Memebox but I think the 1099 reporting requirement depends on how it was paid. If it was wired directly to your account it's different than through payment service such as Paypal. If it's Paypal, it's more complicated. For Paypal payments I think they have to file 1099K which is only required to be filed for payments of over $20K and Paypal is responsible for reporting it not the business itself. If you google 1099K you might find more info.

What a bummer. I'm not a tax expert nor do I have affiliate account with Memebox but I think the 1099 reporting requirement depends on how it was paid. It was wired directly to your account it's different than through payment service such as Paypal. If it's Paypal, it's more complicated. For Paypal payments I think they have to file 1099K which is only required to be filed for payments of over $20K and Paypal is responsible for reporting it not the business itself. If you google 1099K you might find more info.
That does make more sense. I definitely made NO WHERE NEAR 20k through their affiliate program, haha   ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My roommate sells on ebay professionally, and said that last year he received no information or paperwork through paypal because he made under 20 grand. He never claimed it and nothing happened...so I'm wondering if maybe we don't even have to bother.

Our payments were done through paypal...so I'm wondering if I should just file my taxes as is and hope for the best lol

@@MissJexie, I've sold bits and pieces on eBay and never had to report the taxes - as I sold it at a loss (overall) and it was well under 20K.  In fact, I've been selling on eBay for 10 years and I don't think I have made 20K in 10 years on eBay - haha

@@MissJexie, I've sold bits and pieces on eBay and never had to report the taxes - as I sold it at a loss (overall) and it was well under 20K.  In fact, I've been selling on eBay for 10 years and I don't think I have made 20K in 10 years on eBay - haha
Well he does it as a full time job, so last year he was close, but not quite there. This year he made well over that!!

It's amazing how much money you can make by just going to Salvation Army or Savers and yard sales etc and then reselling- he hasn't worked a regular job in 3 years! LOL

I'm just hoping that maybe, just maybe, we don't have to claim these earnings on our taxes because they're under a certain amount...at least mine are! lol ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Latest posts

Back