Memebox: Makeup Edition Discussion

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried to look up reviews on those, couldn't find much except for #2 and #3... those look nice.

Eh.  My big problem with base products is that American boxes tend to send stuff out that is far too dark for me.  Fingers crossed that this one has light light light stuff!  The only foundation-type product I have found that really works for me has been Missha Perfect Cover #21, so there *is* some hope.

ETA:  The "eh" should be translated as "eh, not much color in there, huh?"  If they're going to do Makeup boxes heavy on base and then Colorboxes as, well, color-heavy, I can deal with that because then I'll just pick up Colorboxes, assuming they do *more* of those!  My skin is so picky and sensitive that I'm extremely wary of unknown skincare, so I tend to go more for color products anyway (I'm currently sitting here trying to pick out my eyeshadow and liner colors for the week.  I have hundreds of shadows to choose from and dozens of liners!  Hmm.  I guess I'm relieved that this box doesn't have any of those in there even though I lovelove*love* them!).

Last edited by a moderator:
@@meaganola I can deal with that too, am agreeing with the 'eh' bit. Memebox just has to state clearly/ spoil more. Or come up with a Makeup base box. Or a NUDE box. Okay, that sounded a little wrong.  -_- /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Oh I will be so loving this box if the shades are good for me cause I looooooooove make up that give me flawless skin! (err trying hard not to spoil...)

Just a little heads-up:  We're doing a little housekeeping in the box threads and adding spoiler tags where appropriate.  Not a big deal, just a change in direction as far as where these threads are expected to go.  I just wanted to give a heads-up for anyone whose post(s) had spoilers added.

Oh no! I wish I got this box. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I thought it might be heavy on other products. I love these types of things!

Thanks for the spoilers!

Here's my makeup edition box - my very first memebox! *crosses fingers that spoiler tag works*

image.jpg

There are 5 randomly chosen shades available of the blush, 2 of the tint, and 2 of the base. I was hoping for more colors than foundation-type stuff, as I don't wear foundation, but I'm still excited to test everything. I've been meaning to look into concealers, so the pencil is especially intriguing to me.

Got mine today, Im using tinypic.com to upload my pics cause I cant use my blog pics cause this spoiler thing wont let me so that's why the photo is side ways. ughhh

2eqc7dz.jpg

Swatches for youuuuuu! This is my first ever attempt at swatching; sorry for my gross arm

Cheekroom Makeup Base in Purple
image.jpg
It's definitely purple but pats into a soft, sheer, slightly shimmery base that might actually be a bit too pale for me. Smells flowery (which I like). Entirely new makeup territory for me, and not quite sure how to use.

Mustaev Spot Eraser Concealer Pencil
image.jpg
I pressed pretty hard to get this pigmentation; I think I get can get it to work with my skin tone? New to concealers; I dunno.

Dr. Young Anti Pore: Pore Eraser Balm
image.jpg
Perfect color match! Super soft and silky smooth - very excited to see what this does on my face. Another thing I've never ever tried!

N.S.M. Cooling Tint
image.jpg
I FLIPPING LOVE THIS COLOR. It has great staying power - my arm is still stained after multiple scrubs with dish soap. However, it's impossible not to splatter the product everywhere - be very careful when opening! ETA: The expiration date on mine passed a few days ago. Not thrilled to receive expired product. Apparently, this may be the production date, not the expiration date - very impressive! Regardless, I'm obsessed with the product and am wearing it now.

The Ladykin Blossom Blusher, which I received in Aurora Blossom, was too light to photograph, but is very soft with a little sparkle. It really really reminds me of when I swatched the NARS Orgasm blush.
Thanks for reading! Hope it was interesting/helpful!

Last edited by a moderator:
@@flushblush Exactly what does the expiration date say?  I don't know about this particular brand, but Asian makeup is known for listing manufacture date instead of expiration, so it's possible that your product was just *made* a few days ago.

Omg I bought this for my sister and I think she'll love the cooling tint~ 

Can't wait to get home and see her (and my boxes).  :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

@@meaganola Sorry, that hadn't occurred to me! It just says 2014.05.20; it just assumed it was an expiration date since all the other products I noticed with dates on them in my boxes are dated in the future. If it is indeed a production date, I'm very impressed (heck, the fact that there are dates at all is a nice step up from most American products). I'm editing my post above.

I awoke to a text this morning from USPS saying that my box had been processed through the post office at LAX!  It's going to be interesting to see how long it takes to get to me.  Sometimes things take a day to get here from Los Angeles, and sometimes they take a week.  But since it's in the hands of the postal service and not an expediter, I have hope I'll see it before the weekend.  I'm really looking forward to seeing what variations I received!

I awoke to a text this morning from USPS saying that my box had been processed through the post office at LAX!  It's going to be interesting to see how long it takes to get to me.  Sometimes things take a day to get here from Los Angeles, and sometimes they take a week.  But since it's in the hands of the postal service and not an expediter, I have hope I'll see it before the weekend.  I'm really looking forward to seeing what variations I received!
Usually for me I get it 2-3 days after it leaves LA, but then again I live in Oklahoma which is kind of off the beaten path lol

Usually for me I get it 2-3 days after it leaves LA, but then again I live in Oklahoma which is kind of off the beaten path lol
Ooh, then I'm going to cross my fingers for Tuesday delivery.  I'm in Portland directly up I-5/205 from Los Angeles.  I just hope I'm not so cranky from month-end close on a Monday/Tuesday combo at work that I hate the entire universe.  That M/T/month-end thing is a killer.  

Back