Memebox: Makeup Edition Discussion

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ooh, then I'm going to cross my fingers for Tuesday delivery. I'm in Portland directly up I-5/205 from Los Angeles. I just hope I'm not so cranky from month-end close on a Monday/Tuesday combo at work that I hate the entire universe. That M/T/month-end thing is a killer.
yeah it shouldn't take as long for it to get to you as it does to literally cross mountains to get to me.
Plus, the last time they sent it to my city, then back across the state, and back again before I got it.

Last edited by a moderator:
lol

I like to think that the employees at the post office were just memorized by the bright hot pink vinyl package from Korea.
Yeah I usually get the whole, "Your package is from Korea?!" Paired with a look of awe.
They always ask what I could possibly want from Korea... O.O

I'm thinking, look at me, my tattoo artist's husband once told me my skin was "one shade darker than paper" I only wear Asian foundations and bb creams because that's the only way to get my shade. Lol

Ooh, Slice claims this will be delivered today!  It's going to be a very long day before mail delivery.  It's a good thing I have brunch with a former coworker in an hour and several hours' worth of errands to run today.  That should kill the time before mail gets delivered nicely.

ETA:  Got it!  My variations:

Green Cheek Room Makeup Base

ReBorn Sorbet Sorbet MeltingTint Gloss

Milky Apricot Ladykin Blossom Blusher

I'm not sure how I feel about these shades.  I need to do a little bit of investigation.  They might be getting rehomed.  I love the cardboard box, though.  It might be my new mani tools box.

(And I was just rereading a few posts ago about dates and my estimation of receiving this a few days ago.  This sat in LA until yesterday before it started moving.)

I know about the Asian primer colors because years ago, Adrian Arpel used to sell these in her spas, and God knows, I bought the entire line when I was in my 20's. tTe spa ladies could convince me I needed every jar, serum and animal placenta cream they sold. RME!

The lavender colored primer creme will make your skin look paler underneath foundation. Almost white porcelain colored..The Arpel one seemed to make pores disappear like mad. Not sure if the one Meme has included will do this but that was the main benefit I saw as my skin was really pale back then anyway because I worked odd hours.

The green tinted primer will minimize redness. It's good to use if you have too much sun, or have sensitive skin which reacts to caffeine, alcohol, temperatures, etc with surface redness. 

With each, a little goes a long way. 

I know about the Asian primer colors because years ago, Adrian Arpel used to sell these in her spas, and God knows, I bought the entire line when I was in my 20's. tTe spa ladies could convince me I needed every jar, serum and animal placenta cream they sold. RME!

The lavender colored primer creme will make your skin look paler underneath foundation. Almost white porcelain colored..The Arpel one seemed to make pores disappear like mad. Not sure if the one Meme has included will do this but that was the main benefit I saw as my skin was really pale back then anyway because I worked odd hours.

The green tinted primer will minimize redness. It's good to use if you have too much sun, or have sensitive skin which reacts to caffeine, alcohol, temperatures, etc with surface redness. 

With each, a little goes a long way. 
This is extremely useful info, thanks! I suspected that might be the purpose for the green (really wish I'd gotten it), but had no clue what to do with the lavender. It definitely leaves a white, shimmery cast when blended out, but I don't wear foundation, so it's kind of useless to me. 

This is extremely useful info, thanks! I suspected that might be the purpose for the green (really wish I'd gotten it), but had no clue what to do with the lavender. It definitely leaves a white, shimmery cast when blended out, but I don't wear foundation, so it's kind of useless to me. 
I'd use the lavender (from smashbox tho) for undereye and darker areas to even out my skin tone and areas that appear too dull. Otherwise it makes a good brightening primer for olive skins. You can actually use that on your knees or elbow to smooth it out and lighten the area LOL. Just need to moisturize well beforehand.   ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'd use the lavender (from smashbox tho) for undereye and darker areas to even out my skin tone and areas that appear too dull. Otherwise it makes a good brightening primer for olive skins. You can actually use that on your knees or elbow to smooth it out and lighten the area LOL. Just need to moisturize well beforehand.   ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Thanks so much for the suggestions, @@veritazy! I'm very (very) fair-skinned, but my undereye areas could definitely use some help, so I'll give that a try! :wizard:

Back