Memebox: Product reviews

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hair and body 3

Cnkcos color beans:

I wasnt too Happy to have this, although it can be used for anything, i cant really see myself washing my hair or face with it so i used it as a soap for hands... Burned a little, but it did make my hands smoother. My boyfriend loves the smell (it lasts really good on the skin!), i was wondering why, and then i rwalized it smells like Creed virgin island Water...

Finco body toner essence

This is Great! It leaves my skin silky smooth, and not at all sticky! The scent is really good too.

The musk body mist

Meh. Smells Mainly of alcohol, but also has a faint smell, which is awful. Wont be using this one at all.

The Hello Kitty thing

I used it as a scrub in the shower and it was good, but it shrinked. Like a lot. So it's a Great for one use lol

Anyone tried any items from the Dani box or the hand and nail box?

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone tried any items from the Dani box or the hand and nail box?
I am really hoping mine gets here today. I don't have proper tracking so I cannot see where it is, but a girl in Sweden got it yesterday (a holiday here) so I am really hoping to get it so I can try the things out. I shall report back :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

@@Andrea_s, I didn't get my Dani box yet but most of things in there I already have. The nail mask is terrific. After 30mins, you cuticles will never look any better. I absolutely love that. But the effects doesn't last very long. I also heard a lot of great things about the SPF. I didn't try to other items that I already have to limited review. 

Has anyone used the Make up helper special pore care 2 step from the Cleansing Kit?

http://us.memebox.com/memeshop/featured-in/pore-special-2step-corset-pack#.U_7sgmP_Jw8

I've tried it today, wasn't sure how to apply the second step (the lifting pack) - on dry or wet face, so applied it on dry face, and that felt like glue on my face afrer a minute, so dry and tight, couldn't wait 10 mins, rinsed it off after 5-6 min, so I'm wondering if it needs to applied on wet face?

Red Ginseng Eye wrinkle Solution - Superfood Box

- it's only 6$ but it leaves a nice tingling feeling after applied. I can also see that it smoothes out wrinkles a bit after two applications - It's a good product so far!

W.Holic MARRY Roller Ball Perfume stick - K-Beaut Wrap up #1

Although it smells amazing - the scent does not last for that long. I find I need to re-apply it within an hour or so..

No makeup makeup box:

-Macqueen CC Cushion in 23- perfect match for my skin tone, love the coverage and finish it gives (slightly dewy), pretty long lasting on my dry skin

-Pro You Vita CC Lip Essence-an incredibly moisturizing lip gloss on me that blots down to a healthy natural pink sheen on my lips. I really love this one and it`s also huge and will last a long time

-Missha The Style Perfect Concealer in Natural Beige- good medium coverage on my under eye circles and blemishes, slightly matte finish 

-D`dell cream gel colour pot in snowy white- the gel product actually kind of dried out in the little pot and fell out when I opened it. I thought it would be really creamy like the MAC paint pot but it`s actually not very creamy and a very very shimmery almost sparkly white colour. It`s too glittery on me to use as a highlighter, but I may try using it as an inner corner highlight on my eyes or something. I don`t care for this product.

Fall Winter colours box:

-Witch`s Pouch Popo Lipstick in S21 burgundy wine - really creamy creme finish lipstick in a deep burgundy colour, wears great and I love this colour (if anyone knows knows where to buy these online, I would love to pick up more shades!)

-D`dell Illumination Shadow in 15 Shimmer Green- shimmery light sage green. I like this shadow- the pigmentation and finish is pretty good but I prefer my indie shadows much more. I will probably give this away.

-D`dell Stay Forever Gel Eye Pencil in Twilight Purple and Garden Light- they are very creamy pigmented gel pencil liners that I find smudge proof and waterproof. The purple is a muted violet colour with gorgeous coppery gold shimmers and the green is a bright spring green colour. I`m glad to have these liners because I don`t typically buy eyeliner in these shades. 

-Witch`s Pouch blush in sexy swan- a nice slightly shimmery berry pink colour that I think would look good on a lot of skin tones

Arrahan peeling gel from the cleansing box burnt my skin and I couldn't touch it at all for almost an hour without wanting to cry..... And I don't usually have sensitive skin.

Has anyone else tried theirs? Could mine just be bad?

*Could have been the skincare box? Can't remember if it came in skincare or cleansing sorry!*

Arrahan peeling gel from the cleansing box burnt my skin and I couldn't touch it at all for almost an hour without wanting to cry..... And I don't usually have sensitive skin.

*Could have been the skincare box? Can't remember if it came in skincare or cleansing sorry!*
OH noes! I hope you're OK!

My mom's skin is tough as nails, and she can use almost anything and not be negatively affected, however peeling gels are sometimes pretty rough on her skin too. Another weird thing that makes her skin (and mine too) burn are the Freeman Beauty sheet masks. They're terrible anyway, but that was before we discovered Korean ones!

Rambling aside (sorry run-on sentences are my curse lol) I don't think yours is bad, but there might be something in the product that your skin reacts negatively to, even if you don't have sensitive skin. Also the formula of the peeling gel itself might just be too abrasive for you. 

OH noes! I hope you're OK!

My mom's skin is tough as nails, and she can use almost anything and not be negatively affected, however peeling gels are sometimes pretty rough on her skin too. Another weird thing that makes her skin (and mine too) burn are the Freeman Beauty sheet masks. They're terrible anyway, but that was before we discovered Korean ones!

Rambling aside (sorry run-on sentences are my curse lol) I don't think yours is bad, but there might be something in the product that your skin reacts negatively to, even if you don't have sensitive skin. Also the formula of the peeling gel itself might just be too abrasive for you.
Thanks! I thought I might have done it wrong or something but it's not hard to use.

I tried an Australian one previously that had pineapple in it and it was great so I was pretty upset after I tried this one and it hurt so much. Used lots of super sensitive skin items for the next few days and it's back to normal again.

Can't have every product suit I guess and I'd had a pretty good run up until now with Memebox items :)

oh, no, that is terrible, hope you are alright! I've got that one from the cleansing kit, but haven't tried yet, but now I'm not even sure whether to try it at all, I have sensitive skin, scared to try it...

Eek, thanks for the heads-up and I'm glad you're all right now! I'll be sure to patch-test this one before schmearing it on my face.

Eek, thanks for the heads-up and I'm glad you're all right now! I'll be sure to patch-test this one before schmearing it on my face.
You know a patch test never even occurred to me..... I'm not very bright obviously lol

The Tosowoong acne facial cleanser from the same box was good and not burny :)

I will probably buy a replacement once that one is finished.

The Vitaberry shampoo from the Sweets scentbox is awesome. I have really oily/fine hair, and the only shampoo that really works is Head & Shoulders. Other ones just leave my  hair super oily after a few hours of normal activity (school, work, etc). I've used the Vitaberry two days in a row now, and in addition to smelling AMAZING, it doesn't clog my hair and leaves it nice all day. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

You guys, oh my god, it finally happened.  I finally got wearable colors in a memebox!  In global #4, there were 3 pieces of makeup, and I actually love every single one.  I cannot believe it.  I always steer clear of the makeup boxes because I think makeup is a personal thing, and yet, I always seem to get the blasted orange makeup.  

Anyway, in #14 I got the waterproof mascara (lengthening) which I think is pretty good, especially if you like a natural look like me.  I'm not very picky about mascara though.  

I also got the Beauty People waterproof eyeliner in Gleam Brown which is a gorgeous dark brown with a tiny hint of sparkle.  I usually hate eye pencils, because I like a defined, thinner line, but this pencil is really smooth and precise.  I'm guessing it's from the same line as the grumpy Snow White kit that has been in a few boxes - I'm super impressed!  

But then, BUT THEN!  I also got the a:t Fantasy Holic lip and cheek pencil in Rose Beige!  Not orange!!  It's a miracle.  It's a really pretty color for both lips and cheeks, though it's pretty small - I do kind of doubt memebox's "full size" label.  Either way, super happy with Global #14!!

On less of a high note - has anyone else tried the Lailly +36.5 Steam pore mask from Pore 3?  I've given it 3 chances, and I just tossed in in the trash.  I do NOT have sensitive skin, but this "warming" mask felt like a full on chemical burn every time I put it on.  I tried it thick, thin, left on, washed off after just a few minutes.  Every time, it burned like crazy.  I usually don't use sheet masks because they make me feel a little icky after, like I want to wash my face again - but after this last attempt at the Lailly mask, I slapped on the Sally's Box Pantenol Hydrogel sheet mask because it claimed to be cooling and soothing, which is what I needed.  I really enjoyed it. It fit my face well, stayed in place, felt wonderful, and when I took it off, I felt like the essence absorbed and didn't leave behind that sticky thick feeling I often get with sheet masks.  It took the burn right out of the Lailly mask (now known as trash mask).  Global #14 has got to be one of the best boxes ever!

@@raindrop Wooohoo~ I love it too! I wish I got the a:t fox in rose beige too but itsokay, I'll manage. The Lally's sound like a pain...but I love their primer (from Baby Powder scentbox I believe). It is smoothing, but occasionally I get a small bump after using it all day under my bb cream (not sure if it is the culprit here..). Thanks for the review! Can't wait to try everything.

I'm wearing the green D'Dell eyeshadow from the F/W 2014 Colors box today (along with Sugarpill Tako and Midori) and it's become one of my favorite eyeshadows. I expected this to sit on my vanity and then get thrown away in about six months. Instead, I NEED more green eyeshadows.

As long as I'm here... I was pleasantly surprised by the Witch's Pouch blush. Long lasting and applies nicely. The Witch's Pouch Popo lipstick smells awful (basically you are eating an entire bouquet of flowers) but I really like the color (burgundy wine) and it lasts for-freaking-ever. Like an entire workday, including meals and snacking/drinking throughout the shift. I haven't used the eyeliners since the day after my box arrived, but I remember being pleasantly surprised by their pigmentation, smoothness and how long the swatches lingered.

The Yadah lip stain, on the other hand, lasts all of 15 minutes. It looks great for those minutes, but yeah. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> The Shara Shara nail polish is completely underwhelming. It looks ridiculous in a bad way and is poor quality so I can't really even give it away.

I have been breaking out with adult acne on one side of my face in the same area for a month now.  This could be to school and new job? Or horomones as I never had acne in my youth.  Anyway, I am on about the fourth or fifth day of using the Ac20 Killer Kit!!!  OMG!  yesterday it completely took off the scab of one of my bumps! This baby just came to me in my Dermo Cosmetics 2 box! Hopefully I can get a back up in the Jackpot box, if not.  I will look to get this one soon.

@@raindrop I got the coral color which is great as a blush but not as a lip color for me....I got so much envy over rose beige that I lurked ebay until someone put it up and I snagged it....

not that I need another lip product...sigh. lol

Latest posts

Back