Memebox: Product reviews

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Except for the lip stuff, I think everything is packaged absolutely beautiful. What's funny is that the most miraculous product ever made, was hidden on a bottom shelf of a drug store. And the box looked like something you would buy at a five and dime. Discontinued just recently, I suspect. But it was the sole reason I am 51 without a single wrinkle. It actually reversed the starts of wrinkles over 10 years ago when I started using it. My skin looks better now than when I was 40.

My research and review is based on how the products perform on my body, not what is in it. I tend to shy away from products heavy with alcohol, such as the peeling mask, since it damages skin. My preference, that's all. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

You know everyone raves about the Sonya Dakar Flash facial. But for me, it makes my face look like a dry wrinkled dish rag. Amazingly the Sara Mcnamara Hydroactive Microderm makes my skin breathtakingly radiant! What I am getting at is that everyones skin is different.

Now for the hair treatment, I read the card. Nothing difficult about that. So I suppose I used that right or do you have pictures of me doing something illegal with it? LOL....
you said your hair was still "wet" - I had assumed you left it in as a leave in conditioner.   Did you not rinse out completely after 5-10 minutes?  You had said it was a conditioner, which is isn't -  that is why I said that - it is a hair treatment that is supposed to be rinsed out completely after 5-10 minutes. I apologize if I offended you, but your comment did read like it had been applied as a leave in conditioner.

everyone's skin is different, that said - your original comment wasn't based on your skin, you were blasting the whole box as being not quality.   It wasn't that it wasn't quality items, but it was based on ingredients and personal preferences.  Which is fine, but your original comment didn't clarify that and it was confusing why you thought it was not a "quality" box.  It actually is a quality box, but you have personal preferences that makes it unusable for you.

Since you said that "My research and review is based on how the products perform on my body", did you try all of the products before making the judgement that it was not a "quality box"?  Just curious, because you only mentioned the leave in treatment (which you called a conditioner)  What other products from the Honey box did you try, do you mind sharing your results with those products?

I have purchased and reviewed many boxes from memebox and I can tell the difference between an item that is not suited for me but it is a good product for those whose skin/hair type it would be applicable vs a completely horrid product.  There are some ingredients I don't use either, but that is a personal preference and not necessarily an indication of the product itself.  I would not condemn an item because I personally didn't like an ingredient - it might be a product that is fine for someone else.

I think that is the difference - memebox doesn't sound like it would work for you, because it is a mystery box - you will get items that aren't suited for your skin/hair type - and again, that isn't the fault of memebox.    All mystery boxes work that way.  You might be better off just purchasing items that interest you.  

I am not overly picky - I am also pretty wrinkle free at my age (which is close to yours) except around my eyes, as I used to sail a lot on the ocean when I lived by it.  But I am more adventurous with my skin care, so memebox is fun for me!

I have used from the honey box

• the peeling gel (I don't have issues with the alcohol) and it works fine on my oily skin to help clean out the "gunk" on my face and tighten up pores.   It does remind me of Honey, Take it Off mask that we got in ipsy and I really liked that
  • hand cream - love this!  I enjoy the scent and it is in my purse - I have used other honey hand creams and this is a nice one for me
  • massage cream - it leaves my skin smooth and hydrated.  I use it before I go to bed at night and this is a one of my favorites right now.
  • the honey mask - it is a facial sheet mask.  I have so many of them, they really do not stand out right now!! lol

the snail lip product I gave away as well as the hair treatment,as I do not have dry or damaged hair.

I have not used the waterdrop yet as I have other products to get to yet, but my swatches of it give me high hopes for it!

Last edited by a moderator:
@@candes now you have to tell me about your secret product lol!
Unfortunately, I suspect it is too late. Those who used it loved it, but sometimes being a secret is counter productive.

Perlabella Hyaluronic acid. Takes about a month to start working. As time went by, your skin improved more and more every month until you reached a standstill, but alas a good place to be.

My skin is starting to look a little unhappy without my Perlaella the last month. I can't find a suitable replacement.

@@biancardi, did you use the massage cream from the honey box as a sleeping pack/mask?  I don't know why the instructions on the product card seem confusing to me...I guess I can't get past it being called a "massage cream", which to me sounds like a body product.  Otherwise, I have tried everything in the box and am very pleased with everything.  The manuka honey hair treatment made my hair so soft and bouncy this morning, and I usually have trouble with such products weighing my hair down or making it extremely greasy.

@@biancardi, did you use the massage cream from the honey box as a sleeping pack/mask?  I don't know why the instructions on the product card seem confusing to me...I guess I can't get past it being called a "massage cream", which to me sounds like a body product.  Otherwise, I have tried everything in the box and am very pleased with everything.  The manuka honey hair treatment made my hair so soft and bouncy this morning, and I usually have trouble with such products weighing my hair down or making it extremely greasy.
@@Andi B, yes, I did!  The card did state to use it at the end of your evening  skin care routine and that it can be used as a sleeping pack.  It isn't a wash off product. It was confusing to me too!!

how do you like the waterdrop?  That is on my "products to try very soon" list

@@Andi B, yes, I did!  The card did state to use it at the end of your evening  skin care routine and that it can be used as a sleeping pack.  It isn't a wash off product. It was confusing to me too!!

how do you like the waterdrop?  That is on my "products to try very soon" list
I really like the waterdrop as a nice lightweight moisturizer.  The consistency kind of reminds me of the SNT Goddess/Sebum Control moisturizer.  I think I would have used this product more in the summertime though, as my dry/combination skin seems to want a richer moisturizer right now.   Maybe I'll use the waterdrop on the nights that I use the massage cream...that might be a good balance for my skin!

I really like the waterdrop as a nice lightweight moisturizer.  The consistency kind of reminds me of the SNT Goddess/Sebum Control moisturizer.  I think I would have used this product more in the summertime though, as my dry/combination skin seems to want a richer moisturizer right now.   Maybe I'll use the waterdrop on the nights that I use the massage cream...that might be a good balance for my skin!
thank you for that review!  I love the SNT goddess moisturizer, so I think this will be perfect for me!

thank you

I've opened the SN T Goddess cream last week, really like the jelly consistency, but the instructions on the card are a bit confusing - to use it on clean skin - does this mean before essence and serum? Or this is a 3 in 1 product to replace all of them?

I've opened the SN T Goddess cream last week, really like the jelly consistency, but the instructions on the card are a bit confusing - to use it on clean skin - does this mean before essence and serum? Or this is a 3 in 1 product to replace all of them?
I use it after the essence and serum.  I don't view it as a 3 in 1 product...

thank you for that review!  I love the SNT goddess moisturizer, so I think this will be perfect for me!

thank you
Just wanted to report back that I tried the honey waterdrop moisturizer and the massage cream last night, and OMG my face is sooo clear and soft this morning....like buttah!  I was a little worried about the stickiness of the massage cream, thinking it might cause breakouts, but that wasn't the case!

Well, my awesome results could also be partially caused by using the Dewytree Snail Vitalizing sheet mask and the Elizavecca Milky Piggy Carbonated Clay mask last night too...ooops...that might have been overkill!  Amazingly, I didn't have any breakouts after overdosing on Korean skincare.

Seriously, I can't stop touching my face today....now, that might cause some new breakouts if I don't stop!

I finally opened my Hope Girl Wonder Magic mascara. It's a really lovely product! Very happy with it.

Tosowoong, for one - I've loved everything I've gotten from that brand.  Maybe memebox isn't for you, but maybe you just haven't given the products a chance.

Hello... I just joined the MEMEBOX cultl and waiting for my first delivery *squeeeee!*

Based on some reccomendations here, I looked at some of the Tosowoong items and they are currently selling something called Osory Oil Toner, Monster Cream The White, a CC cream, and something called an Enzyme Powder wash among other things. (I'm very interested in trying some kind of enzyme wash if anyone has experience with these). I think someone also mentioned the Tosowoong Aloe Mask??

Can I ask you ladies and gents to weigh in on Tosowoong? I'm totally intrigued.

Cheers!

@BlackMagwitch  I really like Tosowoong a lot.  I have received their timeshift toner and essence and love them both, their eyeliners (makeon brand) and they are just really fantastic.  I also got their HD finishing powder, which I think is on par with MUFE HD powder.  Also their eye patches, which I don't have issues with (it has caffeine in them) but there are some sensitivity issues to look out for.

A lot of ladies here like the Tosowoong brand

I looked at some of the Tosowoong items and they are currently selling something called Osory Oil Toner, Monster Cream The White, a CC cream, and something called an Enzyme Powder wash among other things. (I'm very interested in trying some kind of enzyme wash if anyone has experience with these). I think someone also mentioned the Tosowoong Aloe Mask??

Can I ask you ladies and gents to weigh in on Tosowoong? I'm totally intrigued.

Cheers!
I haven't' tried any of those - but I second biancardi.  I've tried the Timeshift toner (love), the makeon liners (super love), the Super Aqua Cooling Gel (like, but will probably really love it for summer.  It's definitely the nicest gel moisturizer I've ever tried).  i also have the Deep Cleansing foam, but I haven't gotten to it yet.  I would love to try more, but they aren't exactly cheap, so for now I just hope to get more in my memeboxes.  

I have a feeling that eventually my memelove will fade, and then I will be spending my money on my fav brands like Tosowoong instead.

@raindrop  I use the aqua gel as a sleep pack :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  and the cleansing foam is really good too - I think Tosowoong is one of those brands I won't get tired of seeing in my memeboxes...

of course, the name makes me smile when I say it out loud...

@@biancardi - lol, I know!  I'm probably butchering the pronunciation, but I think that's half the fun of saying it.  I hadn't tried the gel as a sleep pack yet - I'll do that, thanks for the tip!

I'm *still* using the caviar cleansing oil that I got back in Global #8! It's finally almost gone, but damn do I have some cleansers to work through.

I wasn't expecting this, but I really love the Rappol (?) Cream from the Yogurt Box.  I didn't realize it was basically a moisturizer for sensitive skin, due to the huge container (not sure what I thought it was at first). I have used it day and night for the last few days, and my skin seems to love it! Perfectly smooth & moisturized without any irritation or oiliness...yay!

I also used the Kerasys shampoo from Global #10 (my new fave!) along with the Mise en Scene treatment oil from Global #15 and the Boutique Bebe mist from the Rapunzel box this morning, and I am having an awesome hair day!

I also like all the Tosowoong items I've gotten. Right now I'm using the AC foam cleaner, Timeshift emulsion and a body scrub. Saving the aqua gel for summer. They just all feel like quality products and I really like the simple packaging/bottles. They just look like quality products before you even get a chance to try them. 

I wasn't expecting this, but I really love the Rappol (?) Cream from the Yogurt Box.  I didn't realize it was basically a moisturizer for sensitive skin, due to the huge container (not sure what I thought it was at first). I have used it day and night for the last few days, and my skin seems to love it! Perfectly smooth & moisturized without any irritation or oiliness...yay!
same here!  I wasn't expecting to like it and it is really nice.

I've tried some new products lately from Memebox. So thought i'd share my opinion ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The Herb Story Foot Scrub (scrub 1): It has a nice minty smell and quite a thin consistency that I like. It doesn't have the biggest scrub grains but still leaves my feet soft and more moisturized after I scrub, Really been loving this one!
Tosowoong Body Scrub Wash (scrub 1): This exfoliates really well without leaving a greasy film behind. Hate when body scrubs does that, so this is a god-send for me! Love the nutty-ish smell too!
Seatree Syn Ake Essence (omg 2): My skin has gone through alot of breakouts lately and since I started using this my skin has cleared up LOTS. I'm almost halfway done with it, which is a shame - cause I really like it..
Secret Stargirl Lashes (from several boxes): I have three different styles of these now, and tried all of them. I use lashes almost daily so I'm very picky about my eyelashes, but these are awesome. They hold up well so you can re-use them and they look good on! The band isn't as thin as I would prefer, but it doesn't bother me too much.
Insobeau Cleansing Water (pinkoholic): I've been wanting a cleansing water in a memebox for ages - and this one is amazing! Actually the best cleansing water I've tried (and I've tried alot of high end such as Caudalie etc aswell). Not to fond of the smell though.
Witch's Pouch Blusher (from f/w makeup): This reminds me of NARS orgasm only it doesn't have the tiny sparkles in it as Orgasm does. It's a super pretty "everyday" kinda blush and it goes with pretty much any look! 
Pure Lemon/Blueberry Overnight Mask (koreas most wanted1): First of all, the scent - it's a reason of it's own to use it. I cannot describe the scent, but it's just amaaazing :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> It doesn't sink in as fast as say Laneige sleeping pack does, but after 5-8 min it's gone. The morning after I wake up with glowy and really soft skin. I love this to bits!
The Yeon Fruity Swirl Balm (cute wishlist2): I have this in number 3 which smells like kiwi. It's a nice lipbalm that feels good on the lips, but as far as moisturizing goes - it doesn't do much. But because it smells and tastes nice I'm going to be a good girl and use it up!

Back