Memebox: Product reviews

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@@veritazy The claypatra mask is the thing I'm most excited to try! Now I'm even more excited XD

Am I the only one who loves the Kiss Kiss Choi Mist from the all in one superbox?

It's so fun to spray it on myself to wake up in the morning XD And on my friends when they're unsuspecting!

I carry it around with me lately because it's been very windy in Australia! So whenever I feel like my face is dry I just do a quick spray =D

@@veritazy The claypatra mask is the thing I'm most excited to try! Now I'm even more excited XD

Am I the only one who loves the Kiss Kiss Choi Mist from the all in one superbox?

It's so fun to spray it on myself to wake up in the morning XD And on my friends when they're unsuspecting!

I carry it around with me lately because it's been very windy in Australia! So whenever I feel like my face is dry I just do a quick spray =D
i like the kiss kiss chok mist from the all-in-one too!! it's the only skincare product i take out to yoga with me now...it's soooo hydrating!!! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Claypatra mineral salt clay by banila co.- I loved this. So good for cleansing pores on my nose and chin, and not drying at all. 

Hope girl 140 super lash mascara- its actually a really good one. Im fussy with mascaras, have used the same one for 5 years after trying different ones and wasn't going to even try it... But this one makes my lashes super long and not clumpy! Impressed. 

Rivecowe sebum control pact- its a really good setting powder, lasts around 6-7 hours and absorbs oil in my skin. Also hasn't reacted with my skin, so a plus!

Label young shocking toner- errmm, smell is so strong. Doesn't feel like its hydrating at all. and really bad packaging as mentioned before. 

A.true real black essence- worked a treat for clearing my skin and keeping it soft and supple. I will miss this when it runs out. 

i like the kiss kiss chok mist from the all-in-one too!! it's the only skincare product i take out to yoga with me now...it's soooo hydrating!!! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Eugiegenie could pretty please do a review on the pore care brush that you received in your last pore care box?Not sure what its called. As Ive noticed you're selling it? was it not good?

@Theblondeangel remember we were talking about the volcanic clay mask? I tried the claypatra from box #12 today. It felt quite good! Almost like the super (innisfree) one with granules for light exfoliation. Unfortunately the tub is so small, its probably only enough for 4-5 uses...  :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Yea! I got my #12 today so I'm going to try it tomorrow. I think the consistency of it looked really nice, so looking forward to trying it.. Where it drying or not? 

Bit sad the tub is so small idd.. If it's good I'm going to have to buy the fullsize! My Innisfree one is running low anyway^^

@@ievutuce I didn't try using the pore care brush in the end, not because it's not good, but because I'm in love with my Clarisonic brush which is electronic, and it seems more convenient! I've heard the pore care brush is extremely soft and is even suitable for the most sensitive skins, but the Clarisonic won this time for me, especially when my beautician told me my pores were very clean although I hadn't had a facial since being pregnant!!

@@ievutuce I didn't try using the pore care brush in the end, not because it's not good, but because I'm in love with my Clarisonic brush which is electronic, and it seems more convenient! I've heard the pore care brush is extremely soft and is even suitable for the most sensitive skins, but the Clarisonic won this time for me, especially when my beautician told me my pores were very clean although I hadn't had a facial since being pregnant!!
Thanks so much for that! 

@@ievutuce so pore brushes do work....but since i already have one at home, i just didn't need another one :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

i do use my clarisonic mia2 every night though....and i do pore cleansing masks at home too, so it's not 100% the pore brush which helped with my clean pores, but it definitely does help to maintain my skin in good condition!! you should definitely try it if you don't already have one at home :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Well today at work I looked down and was like what???  I used the Foot Therapy on Saturday and today my feet started peeling.  Thank goodness I'm on vacation  next week otherwise I would've had to cover up so I wouldn't have unsightly feet or leave a trail of dead skin wafting through the office. I just had to vacuum and I've only been home for a couple of hours!!  Are you ladies exfoliating or using a file to remove the dead skin?  I'm excited to see new, smooth skin underneath :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />    

Last edited by a moderator:
Well today at work I looked down and was like what???  I used the Foot Therapy on Saturday and today my feet started peeling.  Thank goodness I'm on vacation  next week otherwise I would've had to cover up so I wouldn't have unsightly feet or leave a trail of dead skin wafting through the office. I just had to vacuum and I've only been home for a couple of hours!!  Are you ladies exfoliating or using a file to remove the dead skin?  I'm excited to see new, smooth skin underneath :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />    
I use tweezers once a day and let it be. it's amost gone now

Finally got to use some of the makeup products inside my Memeboxes today:

Borntree Bloom Mineral Avenue Air Fit Sun CC 15g (from my Summer Box)

The shade is a little too white for me (might be better for the winter).

I tried using it on one side of my face and used the IOPE air cushion on the other side of my face, but I prefer the IOPE Air Cushion as that shade was more natural on me and the texture was easier to blend in!

The scent of the CC cream was more pleasant than the IOPE Air Cushion though :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Grinif Ultimate Pore Silk BB Primer 15ml (from my Pore Care 2 Box)

This was really easy to blend in, and it left my skin feeling silky smooth!!! Love it!!!

Hope Girl 140 Super Lash Mascara 11ml (from my Office Essentials Box)

It was really easy to apply, it dried very quickly, and it didn't clamp my lashes together!!

SNB Magic Eye Remover 0.16ml*20

This was so awesome for immediate fix ups on my brows!!!

does anyone still read this thread, because i reviewed some products from my memeboxes (some purchased from the memeshop)...

1) Grinif Nature Oatmeal Scrub Bar (Memebox Special #4 Whole Grain)

It lathered fairly easily, and the scent was not as strong as I anticipated. It left my skin feeling slightly dry afterwards, but I did notice that my pores did appear to be slightly smaller!

2) Skinmiso Pore Beauty Nose pack (Superbox #11 Before Special Day)

Our Holy Grail Product!!! Step 1 Mask enables all the dirt and blackheads float to the top of the skin's surface, allowing you to remove them easily using a blackhead extractor!!! Step 2 Mask tightens up the pores, and Step 3 leaves your nose matte and oil-free!!!

3) Herbclinic Rice Bran Powder (Memebox Special #4 Whole Grain)

I didn't have any milk at home, so I used New Zealand's Manuka Honey instead, however after mixing it, I realised that it was slightly too thick, so I added in a teeny weeny bit of Jurlique's rosewater to water it up a bit. I also couldn't find any oatmeal at home except for the "Oats for Rice", so I soaked the "Oats for Rice" in hot water for a few minutes before draining it and using it for my mask.

I didn't have a brush at home, so I used my hands to put the mask over my face. The oats started falling off my face, and the honey started dripping - everything became so messy! I also didn't like how everything became so sticky on my hands and legs (it dripped onto my legs and clothes too). I'm so glad I was applying it while I was in the toilet, otherwise I would be attracting cockroaches and ants into my room! To avoid the honey and oats dripping everywhere, I had to put toilet paper all over my face....
After looking like an Egyptian Mummy for 15 minutes (I couldn't stand it any longer, and I'm so glad hubby wasn't home to see this!), I wiped the oats off my face with tissue, and I washed off the mask with warm water using my cleansing sponge. I did realise my face to feel a lot smoother, but it was definitely a very messy experience - I think that's why they suggested using milk (although it would still be quite messy with oatmeal/black beans/brown rice dropping off)! If I were to use it again, I'd need a lot of time and patience, because unlike face sheet masks, I can't walk around or do anything else without the mask dripping off my face!

4) Whamisa Organic Flowers Toner Original (purchased from Memeshop)

I purchased this toner because again, it's natural! It is a spray-on toner, and it absorbs very quickly into the skin! I love the smell, and it's very hydrating!

5) W.HOLIC Glutathione Whitening Essence (Superbox #23 Summer Meeting)

Although it's named as an essence on the bottle, it is actually more of a serum, and that's how I've been using it as. I've been using this for a few days now, but I haven't seen any obvious whitening results yet. It doesn't absorb instantly, so it does leave a slight sticky feeling on my face afterwards, but I will continue to use up the whole bottle.

6) WondeRuci Light Light Eye Balm (purchased from Memeshop)

This feels dry and almost crumbly, but once you warm it up with your fingers, it becomes very silky and smooth, and it's very easy to apply. It didn't seem to do much by itself, but when I use it with my Purederm Botanical Choice Pure Solution Eye Cream, I have realised that my dark circles have instantly become lighter when I wake up in the morning! I only use this at night, as it doesn't blend in too well with some of my skincare products for the daytime. It is faintly scented, and it doesn't irritate my skin!

7) Purederm Botanical Choice Pure Solution Eye Cream (Memebox Global #11)

This eye cream doesn't do much by itself, but when used with my WondeRuci Light Light Eye Balm, I have noticed that my dark circles have significantly become lighter when I wake up in the morning - it's amazing because I've tried so many other eye creams, and nothing does the trick! The other good thing about this eye cream is that it comes in a huge 30ml tube, and it really does last a long time!!!

8) SNP Pore Contraction Whitening Gel Cream (Superbox #13 Pore Care)

This is in the form of a gel cream, and it absorbs very quickly into the skin! There is a citrus scent, but it's very relaxing and soothing! I have realised that it helps to soothe irritated skin, as well as tighten pores! It's also very hydrating and easy to use - perfect for the summer months!

@@eugiegenie

thanks for these!  I don't think I am going to use my Herbclinic only because it just seems like so much work to do!  Gawd, am I acting all spoiled or what!!  lol

I actually love the following items

Gokmul Care Creamy Cleansing Masque  From Global box 9.  I  had originally swapped for this product ad I love it.  Once I saw that Global 9 was back in stock briefly, I ordered it just to get another Gokmul.  It does have an earthy, yeasty smell, so I can see why the scent could turn people off, but I actually love this scent. This is made with rice, herbs, plant extracts to cleanse and purify your pores and skin. I  just scoop a little bit out, as a little goes a long way, use water to foam it up and then clean your face with it. My skin is so smooth afterwards. It isn’t harsh or abrasive and this is a product I would gladly repurchase again. I have not used it as a mask, but just as a deep cleaning cleanser.

LAILLY Cooling Pore Pack From Naked Box 23.  I have been using this every other day.  I just put it on when I get up in the morning and then have my coffee & toast.  By that time, it is ready to come off, and I am ready to get into the shower.  I enjoy the cooling sensation and my skin feels really cleansed and my pores feel much more tight and without gunk.  I use a lot of pore products in the summertime, because my face is really oily and it just gets worse in the summer.

CKNCOS transformer solution (summer meeting box)- I got sunburnt (pale skin problems), and this stuff is actually really cooling and moisturising, the only complaint that I have is that as its drying its very sticky

W.Holic whitening essence( summer meeting )- really good for clearing complexion, not so much for whitening. I like that it doesn't whiten my skin as I am pasty as it is, but does a really good job at keeping my skin looking clear and radiant. 

Bloom mineral avenue cc cream (summer meeting) - amazing at sun protection, honestly. I got badly sunburnt on my forehead because I didn't apply this product on my forehead, but the rest of my face didn't even go red! However, it is really really light even for my pasty skin and hard to blend. 

Also not sure if I mentioned:

Dr Oracle  real white gel eye cream (dermo 1) - this stuff really works! I usually get quite dark circles and puffiness around my eyes. Mainly due to hay fever or tiredness, and this stuff works wonders! Also doesn't give me milia. Would definitely repurchase. 

Coalion pore moll pool deep cleaning- this stuff works really well on stubborn mascara, if put on cotton wool pad and held for 3 seconds against eye. removes waterproof mascara with ease! amazing. 

nuganic sunblock- works wonders, really good sunblock. high protection. my pasty skin didn't even go read after a full day at the beach! However is sticky like most suncreams. 

I didn't get that box!?  Wish I had that mist sounds amazing!  I did just get another backup of the Recipe by Nature Mist in the mail yesterday.  It arrived defective, with the sprayer broken and the mist contents leaked.  Of course I emailed and sent photos and videos!  We will see how they respond.

does anyone still read this thread, because i reviewed some products from my memeboxes (some purchased from the memeshop)...

1) Grinif Nature Oatmeal Scrub Bar (Memebox Special #4 Whole Grain)

It lathered fairly easily, and the scent was not as strong as I anticipated. It left my skin feeling slightly dry afterwards, but I did notice that my pores did appear to be slightly smaller!

2) Skinmiso Pore Beauty Nose pack (Superbox #11 Before Special Day)

Our Holy Grail Product!!! Step 1 Mask enables all the dirt and blackheads float to the top of the skin's surface, allowing you to remove them easily using a blackhead extractor!!! Step 2 Mask tightens up the pores, and Step 3 leaves your nose matte and oil-free!!!

3) Herbclinic Rice Bran Powder (Memebox Special #4 Whole Grain)

I didn't have any milk at home, so I used New Zealand's Manuka Honey instead, however after mixing it, I realised that it was slightly too thick, so I added in a teeny weeny bit of Jurlique's rosewater to water it up a bit. I also couldn't find any oatmeal at home except for the "Oats for Rice", so I soaked the "Oats for Rice" in hot water for a few minutes before draining it and using it for my mask.

I didn't have a brush at home, so I used my hands to put the mask over my face. The oats started falling off my face, and the honey started dripping - everything became so messy! I also didn't like how everything became so sticky on my hands and legs (it dripped onto my legs and clothes too). I'm so glad I was applying it while I was in the toilet, otherwise I would be attracting cockroaches and ants into my room! To avoid the honey and oats dripping everywhere, I had to put toilet paper all over my face....
After looking like an Egyptian Mummy for 15 minutes (I couldn't stand it any longer, and I'm so glad hubby wasn't home to see this!), I wiped the oats off my face with tissue, and I washed off the mask with warm water using my cleansing sponge. I did realise my face to feel a lot smoother, but it was definitely a very messy experience - I think that's why they suggested using milk (although it would still be quite messy with oatmeal/black beans/brown rice dropping off)! If I were to use it again, I'd need a lot of time and patience, because unlike face sheet masks, I can't walk around or do anything else without the mask dripping off my face!

4) Whamisa Organic Flowers Toner Original (purchased from Memeshop)

I purchased this toner because again, it's natural! It is a spray-on toner, and it absorbs very quickly into the skin! I love the smell, and it's very hydrating!

5) W.HOLIC Glutathione Whitening Essence (Superbox #23 Summer Meeting)

Although it's named as an essence on the bottle, it is actually more of a serum, and that's how I've been using it as. I've been using this for a few days now, but I haven't seen any obvious whitening results yet. It doesn't absorb instantly, so it does leave a slight sticky feeling on my face afterwards, but I will continue to use up the whole bottle.

6) WondeRuci Light Light Eye Balm (purchased from Memeshop)

This feels dry and almost crumbly, but once you warm it up with your fingers, it becomes very silky and smooth, and it's very easy to apply. It didn't seem to do much by itself, but when I use it with my Purederm Botanical Choice Pure Solution Eye Cream, I have realised that my dark circles have instantly become lighter when I wake up in the morning! I only use this at night, as it doesn't blend in too well with some of my skincare products for the daytime. It is faintly scented, and it doesn't irritate my skin!

7) Purederm Botanical Choice Pure Solution Eye Cream (Memebox Global #11)

This eye cream doesn't do much by itself, but when used with my WondeRuci Light Light Eye Balm, I have noticed that my dark circles have significantly become lighter when I wake up in the morning - it's amazing because I've tried so many other eye creams, and nothing does the trick! The other good thing about this eye cream is that it comes in a huge 30ml tube, and it really does last a long time!!!

8) SNP Pore Contraction Whitening Gel Cream (Superbox #13 Pore Care)

This is in the form of a gel cream, and it absorbs very quickly into the skin! There is a citrus scent, but it's very relaxing and soothing! I have realised that it helps to soothe irritated skin, as well as tighten pores! It's also very hydrating and easy to use - perfect for the summer months!
This review was very helpful! Thank you.  I am not should if I want to start using this one yet, but when I do I will look back at this post of yours.

I really want to try the skinmiso nose pore pack...ever since I read @eugiegenie 's review. It's not in the memeshop, and I don't know where else to find it. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
i stocked up on the skinmiso pore beauty nose pack recently from wishtrend.com  :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

So I wanted to give a quick review of the Hanhui Precious CC Cream from the Oriental Medicine box. I've never used CC cream before (I use Skin79 orange BB), but I really like this cream.

Pic heavy, so I'll put it under a spoiler.

Here's the tube, which has a pretty floral design that products touting oriental medicine ingredients seem to have in common.

CCbottle.png

Here's an unblended drop of it on my hand. It goes on white, but has color beads in it (which you can see in person but not really in the picture) that burst when you start to blend it in and adjust to match your skin (within a particular range).

ccdrop.png

Here's the cream partially blended, and you can see the color changing starting to work.

ccpartblend.png

Here's the cream totally blended, and it matches my hand color.

CCblend.png

It wears well for a CC cream, but these creams are sheer to begin with and aren't good for full concealment of dark spots or blemishes. It helps to even out skin tone and mask most of my minor color imperfections. I didn't notice any scent or stickiness. It's four thousand percent humidity here in New England, so it's tough for me to tell if it dries matte or dewy, because I'm pouring sweat just from sitting still (I know, gross), but I think it's a matte-ish finish.

Here's my bare face. Undereye circles, redness, minor blemishes, uneven color from cheeks to chin to forehead.

mebare.png

And here's with a thin layer of the Hanhui Precious CC Cream blended in with fingers and a blending brush. You can still see that zit on my chin, but the undereye circles are better camouflaged, the redness is mostly hidden, and the color is more even. 

mecc.png

To sum up, I really like this for the summer and early fall when I have no AC at work and only want light coverage.  :)

Latest posts

Back