Memebox: Product reviews

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I wanted to give a quick review of the Hanhui Precious CC Cream from the Oriental Medicine box. I've never used CC cream before (I use Skin79 orange BB), but I really like this cream.

Pic heavy, so I'll put it under a spoiler.

To sum up, I really like this for the summer and early fall when I have no AC at work and only want light coverage.  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
i also really liked the Hanhui CC cream!  When I first squirted it out, I was a little skeptical but once I got it on my face, wow!  First, I only did half my face so that I could see if there was a difference.

Definite difference!  Loved it immediately.  I wore it all day outside while gardening and no sunburn at all.  I did however get sweaty and the CC cream did wear off because of that.

And plus of all plusses!!  I did not break out! It's a 50++ sunscreen and for the first time I did NOT break out!  First sunscreen ever where that did not happen.  So yeah.  I'm in love.

I love it too - and I cannot find it ANYWHERE!!  I emailed memebox if they were going to stock it in their shop....they stated that they were adding more items soon, but no real confirmation on it.
Yeah, I spent a good 15-20 minutes googling the other day and I couldn't find anything. I didn't even have any luck going to the site on the back of the bottle. WTF!

I'm wondering who has used the foot peeling masks and how you liked it? I'm a little bit scared of it!! But oh man do my feet need it! Thanks.

@@Krystyn Lowe  I wore mine for 90 minutes and it took 8 days before I saw some action on my feet.   My feet did peel, but not in that dramatic fashion where it would peel off in one big chuck.  My feet were disgusting looking for several days, and I had to wear socks during this time, because of the peeling.  However, once they started peeling, I used a foot scrub twice a day and then put oil on my feet before putting on my socks.  I even wore socks to bed.  That seemed to hurrying the process of peeling and therefore, it was over in about 3 days.

It did remove the worse of my hard skin, but there are a few calluses that I think would take a few more treatments before those are worn down.  However, I am waiting for sock weather (cooler months) before trying this again, just because it is too hot to run around with socks on right now.

I just tried that choosy Lip scrub in peach milk, its more like a lip balm instead of a lip scrub... anyone else notice that?

I just tried that choosy Lip scrub in peach milk, its more like a lip balm instead of a lip scrub... anyone else notice that?
yes..I am not fond of it because it is so waxy and the grains of sugar are really fine.  I put in on my lips & then just move my lip together and then rinse off.

So I tried the spray hair removal that came in box #12 yesterday. To me it is similar to Nair except that it doesn't smell as bad nor is as sticky.

Basically I did two kind of application on my legs. On one of my legs I would spray a few pumps and spread it around my leg, as if you were applying lotion except you still leave a good enough thin layer to cover the hairs. On the other legs, I literally spray it on my legs to cover the entire legs so it definitely had a thicker layer as compare to the other leg. I left it on for 5 minutes and then use the wooden spatula and slide it down the legs with the products and hairs coming down to my feet. It removes my hair completely and was actually moisturizing even after I rinse off after removing.  i didn't apply lotion afterwards (because im lazy) and even now, my legs does not look ashy at all...it feels soft and moisturized..and i have super dry skin (body wise) so this is a good sign. I haven't tried it on other body parts yet though.. maybe i'll try it on my lips hair. LOL.

only down side is that if you were to literally to spray it on pumps after pumps after pumps (like i did on my 2nd leg), there wouldn't be much left. so i think imma just spray and spread since it works the same. 

I'm wondering who has used the foot peeling masks and how you liked it? I'm a little bit scared of it!! But oh man do my feet need it! Thanks.
Don't be afraid! I only wore mine for an hour, and my feet started peeling 3 days later. Of course everyone will have a slightly different experience. My feet didn't peel like the photos show, and they still have some rough spots, but that's nothing another session can't fix! However, I very highly recommend waiting to use the mask until fall unless you usually wear closed toe shoes. Your feet will be a hot mess.

I just used it yesterday and I actually really like it! My lips have been chapped for awhile now and after using a very small chunk of it, my lips felt so smooth afterwards. I just got a pea sized chunk and rubbed it on my lips with my finger. It was quite oily and dense but it works so I'm all good. 

Thanks for the feedback about the foot peeling mask.  I'm gonna drive in tonight since I have to wear closed toed shoes for work and wear socks with some thick cream most night it won't be that bad, I hope.  My husband might wig out a bit, but, eh...who cares!   :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

does anyone still read this thread, because i reviewed some products from my memeboxes (some purchased from the memeshop)...

1) Grinif Nature Oatmeal Scrub Bar (Memebox Special #4 Whole Grain)

It lathered fairly easily, and the scent was not as strong as I anticipated. It left my skin feeling slightly dry afterwards, but I did notice that my pores did appear to be slightly smaller!

2) Skinmiso Pore Beauty Nose pack (Superbox #11 Before Special Day)

Our Holy Grail Product!!! Step 1 Mask enables all the dirt and blackheads float to the top of the skin's surface, allowing you to remove them easily using a blackhead extractor!!! Step 2 Mask tightens up the pores, and Step 3 leaves your nose matte and oil-free!!!

3) Herbclinic Rice Bran Powder (Memebox Special #4 Whole Grain)

I didn't have any milk at home, so I used New Zealand's Manuka Honey instead, however after mixing it, I realised that it was slightly too thick, so I added in a teeny weeny bit of Jurlique's rosewater to water it up a bit. I also couldn't find any oatmeal at home except for the "Oats for Rice", so I soaked the "Oats for Rice" in hot water for a few minutes before draining it and using it for my mask.

I didn't have a brush at home, so I used my hands to put the mask over my face. The oats started falling off my face, and the honey started dripping - everything became so messy! I also didn't like how everything became so sticky on my hands and legs (it dripped onto my legs and clothes too). I'm so glad I was applying it while I was in the toilet, otherwise I would be attracting cockroaches and ants into my room! To avoid the honey and oats dripping everywhere, I had to put toilet paper all over my face....
After looking like an Egyptian Mummy for 15 minutes (I couldn't stand it any longer, and I'm so glad hubby wasn't home to see this!), I wiped the oats off my face with tissue, and I washed off the mask with warm water using my cleansing sponge. I did realise my face to feel a lot smoother, but it was definitely a very messy experience - I think that's why they suggested using milk (although it would still be quite messy with oatmeal/black beans/brown rice dropping off)! If I were to use it again, I'd need a lot of time and patience, because unlike face sheet masks, I can't walk around or do anything else without the mask dripping off my face!

4) Whamisa Organic Flowers Toner Original (purchased from Memeshop)

I purchased this toner because again, it's natural! It is a spray-on toner, and it absorbs very quickly into the skin! I love the smell, and it's very hydrating!

5) W.HOLIC Glutathione Whitening Essence (Superbox #23 Summer Meeting)

Although it's named as an essence on the bottle, it is actually more of a serum, and that's how I've been using it as. I've been using this for a few days now, but I haven't seen any obvious whitening results yet. It doesn't absorb instantly, so it does leave a slight sticky feeling on my face afterwards, but I will continue to use up the whole bottle.

6) WondeRuci Light Light Eye Balm (purchased from Memeshop)

This feels dry and almost crumbly, but once you warm it up with your fingers, it becomes very silky and smooth, and it's very easy to apply. It didn't seem to do much by itself, but when I use it with my Purederm Botanical Choice Pure Solution Eye Cream, I have realised that my dark circles have instantly become lighter when I wake up in the morning! I only use this at night, as it doesn't blend in too well with some of my skincare products for the daytime. It is faintly scented, and it doesn't irritate my skin!

7) Purederm Botanical Choice Pure Solution Eye Cream (Memebox Global #11)

This eye cream doesn't do much by itself, but when used with my WondeRuci Light Light Eye Balm, I have noticed that my dark circles have significantly become lighter when I wake up in the morning - it's amazing because I've tried so many other eye creams, and nothing does the trick! The other good thing about this eye cream is that it comes in a huge 30ml tube, and it really does last a long time!!!

8) SNP Pore Contraction Whitening Gel Cream (Superbox #13 Pore Care)

This is in the form of a gel cream, and it absorbs very quickly into the skin! There is a citrus scent, but it's very relaxing and soothing! I have realised that it helps to soothe irritated skin, as well as tighten pores! It's also very hydrating and easy to use - perfect for the summer months!
LOL That herbclinic looks like fun?

Last edited by a moderator:
So I just had to hop in here and mention Hope Girl mascara.

I tried the 140 Super Lash.

Now, I have to admit that Hope Girl doesn't seem too awesome to me.  It seems cheap.  So I was not expecting ANYTHING good from this mascara.

I have to eat my words now.

This mascara is wonderful!  It's not a volumizing mascara, it's a lengthening one.  And it delicately lengthens with absolutely ZERO clumping.  ZERO!  No flaking.  NONE! And I applied three coats both times I used it.  The first time I did one eye three times, then the other.  Perfection.  So the second time, I decided to see if it clumped if it dried in between coats and alternated eyes while applying.  Perfection again.

And I slept in my Hope Girl mascara.  Woke up in the morning.  Check myself in the mirror.  Not a single smudge, not a single flake, no raccoon eyes. 

Sold.  I need more.

Edited for typos :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm probably one of the only people who couldn't stand that Choosy Lip Scrub. It did nothing for me besides leaving behind a layer of residue on my fingers and lips. I scrubbed away for about 3 minutes, but my lips came out as bad as they did going in. I ended up just throwing it away.

I'm probably one of the only people who couldn't stand that Choosy Lip Scrub. It did nothing for me besides leaving behind a layer of residue on my fingers and lips. I scrubbed away for about 3 minutes, but my lips came out as bad as they did going in. I ended up just throwing it away.
I liked it because my stupidly sensitive skin doesn't like harsh scrubs. I can understand your frustration though.

I am not a huge fan of it either, because it is very waxy and just reminds me of a grainy lip balm.  However, I am determined to use it.  My lips are actually in good shape in the summer, so this might be one that I use when I don't need a deep exfoliation on my lips. I will use my own DIY lip scrub in the winter.

I am not a huge fan of it either, because it is very waxy and just reminds me of a grainy lip balm. However, I am determined to use it. My lips are actually in good shape in the summer, so this might be one that I use when I don't need a deep exfoliation on my lips. I will use my own DIY lip scrub in the winter.
Maybe you could heat it a little bit and add some sugar to the mix so that next time it's more scrubby.

Latest posts

Back