Mineral companies that make their colors

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Their CS is marvelous too! When I read about mu fiends (okay, fiends like me) spending the big bucks for the big names, I want to shake them and let them know there's a better way. Well, at least we know.
wink.gif

someone mentioned that the she space has great colours, the she space is another company that just repacks minerals.

not that there is something wrong with that as we have already ascertained, I am just pointing out that they are a repacker of mica also!

are the EGM eyeshadows loose minerals? they look like eyeshadow cakes in the pictures and i was just wondering if that was just to show us the colour properly.

i want to try their stuff out since you guys are talking to highly about them!

EGM are loose and come in 4 finishes and all that I've tried (i'm really not a sparkly kinda girl) have adhered really well. This has sometimes been a problem w/ some other MMU shadows. There is a nice assortment and they don't seem to be dupes of other line"s colors. I don't think repackaging is that big a problem per se although labeling products as such would be nice. But it does make the lines who don't repackage special and you know you are getting something unique (and often at a great $ saving). So it will be something I look for in the future.

As for trying the EGM, I think the CS alone is worth the try. I ordered a kit and they were out of one item and rather than hold up my order they upgraded the item to send the kit out the next day. That's the way to win customer loyalty.

Originally Posted by purplesunshine /img/forum/go_quote.gif someone mentioned that the she space has great colours, the she space is another company that just repacks minerals.not that there is something wrong with that as we have already ascertained, I am just pointing out that they are a repacker of mica also!

are the EGM eyeshadows loose minerals? they look like eyeshadow cakes in the pictures and i was just wondering if that was just to show us the colour properly.

i want to try their stuff out since you guys are talking to highly about them!

The she space is NOT a repacker. I bought from several of repackers, and compare it to the she sapce, it's nothing like the she space's complexity. I don't know who would say that, but tss, along with fyrinnae, don't buy their colors. Do you know how many eyeshadows Tss have? Over FOUR Hundreds plus, if you count their past LEs. Their colors aren't alike though with that many colors. I think whoever said that prob doesn't know what she's talking about or simply meant that she space bought their ingredients (aka mica, etc) from distributors, like many others.

If you have the link, could you post it? There's no way a repacker would have that many colors with such complexity. (repackaged lacks something and the more you buy the more you know) Bottom line:TSS is original that creates many beautiful colors; if you buy from them, you know. Besides, on the website, tss states that they create their colors. Now look at Mad minerals or Taylor made; they have no mention of that whatsoever. It's a silent nod. I BOUGHT OVER 100 COLORS FROM THEM. samples or full sizes

Lilmama, I have to agree about EGM CS, they're very nice. However, a lot of colors I bought from them, are glitter/sparkles. I don't like big sparkles.. so, yeah.

A further note on this whole confusing issue: Earthen Glow (who buys from wholesalers) and EarthGlo (who doesn't) are two different companies. All of my references should have been about EarthGlo whom I happen to absolutely love. I have no experience with Earthen Glow but I wonder how many of us were mixing up the names?

Oh, me me me! lilmama, I'm the one who misunderstood your comments!! Hah, anyway. I bought from earthen glow before, and I really do think their eyeshadows are unique, different than those of wholesalers. I checked out Earthglo, they sure do have some eyeshadows, too. But I didn't buy from them, so I don't really know more than you do.

From my perspective, at least Earthglow's eyeshadows are their own. they have over 200 and earthen glo has 84 in total. From Earthen glo's pics, I think they made themselves. Anyway, I don't wear foundation, so IDK. I'm best at recognizing eyeshadows-like a MAD one I bought, it looked nice in pic, but in real life, it was disappointing and unoriginal. XD

LOL! You see how tricky this is. It's Earthen Glow and EarthGlo. Well, I got no pony in this race: I'm on an e/s nobuy for the rest of my life probably. I have every brown, beige, taupe shade anybody could imagine and I'm done. But I love my EarthGlo foundation. Thanks for the reply; I enjoyed.

I didn't know that Earthen glow is a reseller.

but I've never heard about earth glo before! lol

wow pretty good post not that this matters but the same thing is goin on with this 3 companies

auraline: has the same concealer palette as cs there price is 20 dollars cs has the same exact palette for 15 if im not mistaking.

cs has the 88 matte palette and 88 shimmer palettes for 21 each wild starsmakeupheavens has the 88 palette and a 96 shimer palette for 18 if im not mistaking when i purchase my palette from starmakeupheaven i ask them if they were link with cs and they said no but they do buy there palettes from the same company who makes the exact same product .wich mades me think that this other company auraline has to buy from the same company as this other two meaning cs and starsmakeupheaven but more expensive this 3 sellers have the neutral eye color palette and yet auraline is saling theres for 25, cs for 21 and starmakeupheaving for 18 i believe. anyways as you said people should be honest and just stop trying to get more money out people when some of then do buy from the same distributor or makeup companies and they are really ripping people off. good post

and i still love pure luxe i think there eyeshadows are very pretty and there color pay off dosen't compare to my tbk's shadows that i have pure luxe is the best in my opinion i don't think i will be spending my money on other companiees that wan to say they make there own colors but they really don't .

Originally Posted by lilmama /img/forum/go_quote.gif LOL! You see how tricky this is. It's Earthen Glow and EarthGlo. Well, I got no pony in this race: I'm on an e/s nobuy for the rest of my life probably. I have every brown, beige, taupe shade anybody could imagine and I'm done. But I love my EarthGlo foundation. Thanks for the reply; I enjoyed. Indeed it was, haha. I really didn't know that Eglow was a reseller... I only have their eyeshadows, so I guess I'm in the shadow... Anyway, thanks for bumping up my thread.
yaya.gif

Originally Posted by candygalore /img/forum/go_quote.gif wow pretty good post not that this matters but the same thing is goin on with this 3 companies auraline: has the same concealer palette as cs there price is 20 dollars cs has the same exact palette for 15 if im not mistaking.

cs has the 88 matte palette and 88 shimmer palettes for 21 each wild starsmakeupheavens has the 88 palette and a 96 shimer palette for 18 if im not mistaking when i purchase my palette from starmakeupheaven i ask them if they were link with cs and they said no but they do buy there palettes from the same company who makes the exact same product .wich mades me think that this other company auraline has to buy from the same company as this other two meaning cs and starsmakeupheaven but more expensive this 3 sellers have the neutral eye color palette and yet auraline is saling theres for 25, cs for 21 and starmakeupheaving for 18 i believe. anyways as you said people should be honest and just stop trying to get more money out people when some of then do buy from the same distributor or makeup companies and they are really ripping people off. good post

and i still love pure luxe i think there eyeshadows are very pretty and there color pay off dosen't compare to my tbk's shadows that i have pure luxe is the best in my opinion i don't think i will be spending my money on other companiees that wan to say they make there own colors but they really don't .

Candygalore: Yeah, I saw; it's like CS is the first on the resell wagon and it was sucessful and others go like, "hey, why not?" Now it's like a mini train, haha.. Yeah, it's a good thing you stick to what you think is working for you. I know that from now on, I'll only be ordering from The she space, Aromaleigh and Fyrinnae because I know they make their own colors - they're just too unique. Others.. I'm not so quite sure right now. sigh, in teh end, everyone is here to make money. PS: TSS and Aromaleigh also carry some traditional cosmetics, but say that "they found them." - I know they didn't amke them anyway, but it's nice they said it. Just not CS or others.. Ha, and thanks. At first, I thought I'm on the hormone rise and started this. Good luck.
smile.gif

hmmmm, this is an interesting thread that has made me think
smile.gif

I read somewhere that all re-packers have to label their containers as such? like 'manufactured for: so and so' or the original companies info on there somewhere? I could be way wrong though.

I can definitely see the advantage of buying from someone who makes their own minerals. Uniqueness or whatnot.

After thinking about it some more, I don't have a problem with re-packing overall. It's wholesale, right? Like if someone wants to buy craft supplies in bulk and then re-sell them individually on ebay (or wherever)---it's the same thing. My only thought on this is how you don't know you're getting dupe colors...which is why I would always order the cheapy samples before full sizes which is what I do anyway to test colors, coverage, longevity....

I tend to like the CS at smaller companies in general (and for most things, not just makeup). They are trying to earn a living like everyone else and they often give better CS and put extra effort into packaging, freebies etc than a large company does because they want to keep their customers. I used to work for a mom and pop store that was that way...everything was done with a personal touch in comparison to chain stores. Think family-owned shops versus Wal-mart, the CS and pride put into products and services is usually no comparison.

Are the companies you listed small or large? I haven't had a chance to check them all out.

And is it really possible to have 400 unique shadow colors?? wow! Are they not similar at all? That's crazy
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Ca_blonde /img/forum/go_quote.gif hmmmm, this is an interesting thread that has made me think
smile.gif

I read somewhere that all re-packers have to label their containers as such? like 'manufactured for: so and so' or the original companies info on there somewhere? I could be way wrong though.

I can definitely see the advantage of buying from someone who makes their own minerals. Uniqueness or whatnot.

After thinking about it some more, I don't have a problem with re-packing overall. It's wholesale, right? Like if someone wants to buy craft supplies in bulk and then re-sell them individually on ebay (or wherever)---it's the same thing. My only thought on this is how you don't know you're getting dupe colors...which is why I would always order the cheapy samples before full sizes which is what I do anyway to test colors, coverage, longevity....

I tend to like the CS at smaller companies in general (and for most things, not just makeup). They are trying to earn a living like everyone else and they often give better CS and put extra effort into packaging, freebies etc than a large company does because they want to keep their customers. I used to work for a mom and pop store that was that way...everything was done with a personal touch in comparison to chain stores. Think family-owned shops versus Wal-mart, the CS and pride put into products and services is usually no comparison.

Are the companies you listed small or large? I haven't had a chance to check them all out.

And is it really possible to have 400 unique shadow colors?? wow! Are they not similar at all? That's crazy
smile.gif

hello. Of all the mineral companies that I've listed, I think The She Space and Fyrinnae are the two biggest gotten-around-independent-small-business comapnies that people know of. I think they're more well-known for their eye colors. I don't use foundation/blush due to my sensitive skin and rosacea-so I won't judge on that. Fyrinnae has quite a big collection and a lot of their eyeshadows have sparkles in them and some have lake dye.
The she space has unqiue colors. This being said, from a buy who've bought over 100 and my goal is 200, mostly samples and some full sizes from them. I've never found a color that is identical. Like, say: I have this Limited edition color and I recently got a regular one and I thought they looked similar. But when I compared, they're not. The she space's colors are silkier than the MAC samples I own and I prefer tss. They have those LE, like the name, are staying up for a period and won't be back after. You could check out their site sometime.

I discovered TSS late December last year, so i missed out a lot. So far, I know they've had at least 8 LEs so far. The most in a collection is 30 and the least is 6. But colors per collection is about 20+ colors.. so, you can do the math and plus their regular pigments which is about 225! LOL AND, they still have this ongoing collection up on their site called the Astrology Collection. think about it, 12 months, 12 colors per sign, right now they have five signs already!!!!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by lilmama /img/forum/go_quote.gif A further note on this whole confusing issue: Earthen Glow (who buys from wholesalers) and EarthGlo (who doesn't) are two different companies. All of my references should have been about EarthGlo whom I happen to absolutely love. I have no experience with Earthen Glow but I wonder how many of us were mixing up the names? Hi Lil Mama,
Not knowing anything about Earth Glo but I do know that

Earthen Glow Minerals does not buy from wholesalers. They create all of their mineral products themselves and everything that I have bought from them is unique from anything that I buy from any other mineral company and I buy from many. Many of their colors are similar to MAC's but they make their own products.

/

Back