MMU with Heaviest Coverage?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried wetting my kabuki and then applying mmu, but it made my makeup go on patchy. I dunno I always have problem applying mmu. I can never get it to blend properly.

What Kind Are You Using Now ...

Have You Tried Bare Mineral's..

I Wear Deep But They Have Darker Color's To

And if Price Is The Problem Well Hello I To Have Money Issue To... But You Can Buy Mineral Make Up From Ulta Get There Brand It The Same And It Not Pricey Either..

I Hope This Help's And Try Using A Primer With A Good Concealer..

Moisturise Your Skin And Make Sure You Clean And Expoillate It ...That Will Help..

I Use Pro Activ For My Acne .But I Think Paula's Choice Will Help your Skin ...

I Just Want You To Find What Your Looking For ....Jamillah From Parlin, N.J.

You can using a flocked sponge for heavier coverage. If you prefer brushes you will get heavier coverage with a flat top or kabuki. A fluffy brush will apply colour but it will be sheerer. Some people also try spritzing their brush as part of the application.

I have tried a variety of MMU. I like Jenulence (former Alpha skin care) for a heavier coverage. Lumiere Veena Velvet is nice; medium coverage IMO.

Also heavier coverages are Cory and Buff'd. I am not sure if you are able to find a colour match in those lines.

Check out mineral makeup mania for past posts on the smoke issue and lack of customer service regarding Cory. I won't order from her again.

If you found your colour match, perhaps it is best to wait. Check their site (sometimes you get lucky and a favorite MMU company has a sale!) and/or subscribe to their newsletter (if they have one.)

Remember it really is worth while taking the time to find the right MMU.

No I use bare mineral's I love it and it has my perfect shade and I will use nothing else ..I'm looking for a everyday blush ..Something with a little color..I have no problem's with coverage but I no some people do ...I was just suggesting maybe she should try BE I think It's The greatest...Jamillah

everyday minerals in the intensive formula ,good luck
smile.gif

Coming back for an update.

I had been using Jaylin from Milan Minerals for the last 6 weeks. But I discovered that it began to break me out. It took me so long to figure out because I already had acne. After I started using the wet application, the color matched me exactly, and I got better coverage. I'm so disappointed that I have to sto using it, because I don't know what ingredient made me break out.

I started using Monave a couple of days ago, but it's slightly lighter than my match with Milan, and the next color up is WAY too dark. Mixing them wouldn't be ideal. We'll see how it works.

So, I still in search of a heavy coverage foundation.

I have dozens of MMU samples that I have not even tried yet. When I do I will let you know.

I have the same issue as you Sgoofi. I'm pale though so I look like a salami (read: red/purple+white) without makeup. I use Meow Flawless Feline but find it does not provide quite enough coverage by itself. So this is what I do:

1- Primer. Really makes a difference in making sure the concealer stays put.

2- Using a large concealer brush I dab on a yellow or a peachy toned concealer of your choice over the scar pigmented areas. (I use a yellow based on red spots, peachy on older scars that have gone purplish-brown). Some girls on this forum use a cream concealer. This step will tone down the redness to a normal level but not completely conceal.

3- Buff on your foundation of choice.

4- Spot conceal with a concealer that matches or is slightly lighter than you skintone.

5. Dust with finishing powder if needed for oil control then spritz to set.

I find this works better than multiple layers of foundation because the end result looks more natural yet sticks around longer during the day than regular spot concealing.

Originally Posted by sgoofi /img/forum/go_quote.gif Coming back for an update.
I had been using Jaylin from Milan Minerals for the last 6 weeks. But I discovered that it began to break me out. It took me so long to figure out because I already had acne. After I started using the wet application, the color matched me exactly, and I got better coverage. I'm so disappointed that I have to sto using it, because I don't know what ingredient made me break out.

I started using Monave a couple of days ago, but it's slightly lighter than my match with Milan, and the next color up is WAY too dark. Mixing them wouldn't be ideal. We'll see how it works.

So, I still in search of a heavy coverage foundation.

I agree with the poster on using clean brushes. However, if you can figure out what ingredient is possibly bothering your skin that would be good also.

Have you changed your skin care routine at all? Added an new product?

On the Mineral Makeup Mania forum (delphi) there is a link that provides ingredients for foundations. Link HTH

Mineral Powder Foundation Ingredients List

Sgoofi-Mineral Boutique's Cover It formula provides very heavy coverage-I sampled it recently just to try and will likely use it in the winter when I can wear heavier stuff. Amy, Mbo's owner is very easy to work with and she will help you find the right color, formula, etc. She also has a new formula called Perfect It and that is somewhat less coverage than CI, but still fairly heavy. She gives generous samples so I'd give them a try.

Ohappydayes: Thank you for your suggestion of what it might be. Unfortunately it can't be brushes, as I use a flocked sponge. I thought it might be brushes too, so I changed to a flocked sponge and it just got worse. I wash the flocked sponge everyday.

Zarine: Thank you for that suggestion, as well. I will try it.

Autumnagain: I haven't changed my skincare routine at all, so I haven't figured it out.

Ruby2: I was considering Mineral Boutique, but I was concerned about the color match. Looking at the available colors, the darkest color doesn't look like it would be a match for me. If you're familiar, my coloring is somewhere around Angela Bassett and Whitney Houston.

sgoofi-why don't you send Amy, Mbo's owner an email and ask for her help-she is very willing and happy to provide advice ,etc on shades. She may even custom create for you. Good luck!

been reading this post and I wanted to mention I found two mineral makeups that might work for you.1)SimplyCosmetics.com2)BareFacedMinerals.com-I am pretty sure they can do custom blending for your shade. Also I know SimplyCosmetics is mica-free & titanium dioxide free(for extremly sensitive skin). I think BareFacedMinerals has mica-free version too. I didn't try it yet but will order so if anyone knows please update

I don't know about the one with great coverage but for sure Meow FF does NOT do the job, so don't waste your money to sample this.

My favorite full-coverage foundations are Buff'd and DreamWorld in the Luna formula. Excellent coverage and absolutely flawless finish.

i've heard from a lot of people that out of MMU, monave has the most coverage. i've never used monave myself so i can't say, but i do use EDM and their intensive formula (thats their full coverage) gives me pretty full coverage on the days i need it. i just layer it to however much coverage i need. you might want to try their foundation, they give out free samples (you have to pay for shipping) if you want to try.

just wondering what is the different between the Monave Foundation formula and their Foundation Concealer formula.

Originally Posted by lienny /img/forum/go_quote.gif just wondering what is the different between the Monave Foundation formula and their Foundation Concealer formula. I believe the Concealer formula has Kaolin Clay added which is like a mineral primer. I also think the concentration of zinc oxide and titanium dioxide is higher to provide the opaque finish and thicker texture.

Back