MMU with Heaviest Coverage?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep - mostly, it's more zinc oxide. Here's their ingredient list of both formulas:

Loose Mineral Foundation: Mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, ultramarine blue, May Contain: zinc oxide

Loose Mineral Concealer-Foundation: zinc oxide, titanium dioxide, micronized zinc oxide, iron oxides, ultramarine blue, mica, kaolin clay, may contain serecite, silica.

I've never tried any MMU heavier in coverage than Cory, in fact, it's too heavy for me. Monave and Buff'd are also heavy in coverage, but not as heavy as Cory.
smile.gif

Pure Anada, it has really heavy coverage. And they have very good shades for african american ladies. It is "medium" expensive i think, but it is one of those foundations where you use less of the product to get enough coverage.

I think without a doubt the heaviest is Cory.

I can do my whole face nicely with 5 grains of foundation.

Not everyone likes Cory's products, but I do.

I agree that Corys foundation has very good coverage, and the fact that i can get away with using just a tiny bit of it makes the finish very natural. Personally i love it.

So Sgoofi, if you can find a shade that match your african american skintone in this makeupline, it is absolutely worth a try.

It is also very inexpensive, so i think it is exactly what you are after.

Originally Posted by Milan_Minerals /img/forum/go_quote.gif Have you tried applying you MMU wet? This will give you better coverage as well. HTH,Candace Hi how do you apply MMU wet?

I've been sampling like a mad woman! My new philosophy is:

THE ADVENTURE IS IN THE HUNT....NOT THE CATCH!!

I May have a Holy Grail in MMU....but that doesn't stop me from sampling right?

Cindy and I referred to this addictive behavior as our being our HOBBY....if you will. Some collect stamps, we collect MMU samples.

But, I'd have to be fair and say that Joppa, Fyrinnae and Buff'd are all about the same with regard to heavy coverage formulation. I swear I couldn't tell the difference at all between Joppa and Fyrinnae, and the Buff'd concealing formula runs a close second to them. '

Kat

I know everyday minerals has already been mentioned, but I second the 'intensive' formula. Their samples won't break the bank, you get three foundations, a blush, and a concealer and all you pay is shipping. I got a foundation that was too light for me and I use it as a concealer under a color that matches.

Meow Flawless Feline covers everything - but does not look "heavy". For now, this is my HG and I usually go for a mimimal foundation. As Kat said, I love sampling, and have tried quite a few (including Cory - not bad), and will continue. But if coverage is what you're after, try Meow FF. Awesome!

Originally Posted by ruby2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Sgoofi-Mineral Boutique's Cover It formula provides very heavy coverage-I sampled it recently just to try and will likely use it in the winter when I can wear heavier stuff. Amy, Mbo's owner is very easy to work with and she will help you find the right color, formula, etc. She also has a new formula called Perfect It and that is somewhat less coverage than CI, but still fairly heavy. She gives generous samples so I'd give them a try. I can't find this mineral makeup website,can u list the site? I try to search by mineral boutique's.

Thanks

Earthen Glow Minerals Cover Me foundation has excellent coverage and their concealers are the best powder concealers I've used. Try them because they have so many colors for every color.

I would second LaurEss. I have rosacea and this is the only MMU that covers the problem without making my skin itch/break out. They have different formulations for different coverage/skin type. I think the one with most coverage is called Ethereal. It is slightly more expensive but I always buy during their sales and it lasts for ages. They have a forum on their website and are very helpful if you have any questions or need to find a colour match.

Emma

I sampled dozens of mmu and Meow FF was the heaviest coverage I found that also had a great finish and last. It's rather difficult to find a match but if you go to their forum and send a pic Jen will narrow it down for you. Then you can order 3-4 samples, making it cheaper to sample.

Originally Posted by lilmama /img/forum/go_quote.gif I sampled dozens of mmu and Meow FF was the heaviest coverage I found that also had a great finish and last. It's rather difficult to find a match but if you go to their forum and send a pic Jen will narrow it down for you. Then you can order 3-4 samples, making it cheaper to sample. I found Meow FF incredibly chalky and unnatural looking.

You may not have had the right color. When I had the wrong color on, I felt the same.

Based on some posts from this thread, i ordered a bunch of stuff at Cory, foundation samples in cool and neutral tones (in the original mica free formula), concealers and finishing powders, all of that for a ridiculous amount so i really suggest you check out that brand because if nothing works you won't loose much money.

After all is said and done I would say that Cory's is indeed the heaviest coverage mineral foundation.

Back