Mold on a Lipstick

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by jocedun /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Wow, that's so crazy! I didn't even think there were ingredients within lipstick that could mold. :-/ After your ordeal is sorted, I would be really curious as to which brand this was and how they dealt with it. Customer service and quality control is very important to me from cosmetics companies. 

Once I purchased an elf eyeliner set from Hautelook and it arrived completely rusty (the built-in cap sharpeners). They refunded my money in credit and I was please with that solution. However, the whole situation made me very wearily of both Hautelook and Elf cosmetics since obviously one of the companies has a serious quality control issue. The packing of my eyeliners had obviously been water damaged for months (the cardboard was warped and peeling), yet it was still packaged up and sent to me. 

If you case it would be more on ELF since Hautelook orders directly from the companies they're working with and then repacks the items to ship to customers. Rust takes time to happen which means ELF knew and shipped it to Hautelook though Hautelook could have and should have rejected it and requested a replacement. Unfortunately, they don't order extra for damages which is why they have that no exchange policy.

Quote: Originally Posted by viccckyhoang /img/forum/go_quote.gif

let's see what the 'brand' will reply with 1st.. I'll probably have to ask my teacher then get an approval from the head chair

okay update; after waiting for their reply they said, "we would be happy to exchange this for you and test this product out further" later on in the email it also says that they will refund the shipping costs.. all they had to say in the beginning was something simple like that.

Interesting that once you said you would test it, they want it back. Glad you are getting a new one.

Quote: Originally Posted by Sunflowercake /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Interesting that once you said you would test it, they want it back. Glad you are getting a new one.

i knowwww; my microbiology teacher isn't replying back to my email but I'm curious. I do want to take it to a lab though since I want to clearly know what it is

I work for clinique and this actually happened to me at my counter 20 of my long last lipsticks grew white mold!!!!!

Back