MUFE HD Foundation!!! Sent from the HEAVEN

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For everyone who is loving this foundation , What method are you using to apply it ? I am not getting great results , and am wondering if anyone can offer some tips ? Thanks !!

Originally Posted by amym_79 /img/forum/go_quote.gif For everyone who is loving this foundation , What method are you using to apply it ? I am not getting great results , and am wondering if anyone can offer some tips ? Thanks !! When u mean not getting great results, do u mean even coverage? streaks? I use my MAC 190 brush and it works fine for me. The 187 is great too. I use it on my nose and chin for the hard to reach areas to get better even coverage.

I have HD foundation in 128 and I love it!
smile.gif

Glad to see others are enjoying MUFE products. I've been using their stuff since 2002! On photoshoots the HD powder is so awesome that I can use it with other foundations besides their HD.

I have been waiting to finish my MAC Studio Fix Fluid before trying this out... but I am getting itchy to buy it anyways! I have so many unfinished foundations!!

Originally Posted by Kathy /img/forum/go_quote.gif This sounds great, but I have so much foundation already I need to use up! I did try the powder though and *I* wasn't that impressed. I like my Bare Minerals mineral veil better. How do you know which primer to get? Hi Kathy:
The trick with the powder is to use very little; and make sure your face isn't too dry after applying your foundation and concealer. If it is, just lightly spritz your face with water, wait a few seconds, then apply the powder. Again very little powder. The water activates the powder.

Hope this helps.
cheer2.gif

Ive been anxiously waiting for my Sephora order for over a week! UPS messed up majorly so I should be getting my package with my MUFE foundation tomorrow.

How long do you think the foundation and powder would last?? I am just trying to cut back, and I want to try it, but it's $70!

Thanks
smile.gif

I absolutely LOVE the HD powder--I was so thrilled to find a powder that softly mattifies without any color at all yet doesn't make me look ghosty! Of course, after the fact I discovered something even better: you can buy similarly fine-milled silica powder really cheap online! Since that's all the HD powder is, I plan on just buying the pure silica powder when I run out of the MUFE--save myself a ton of money, and still have that miracle no-color, matte finish!

All I use for my face is MUFE (excluding blushes) and I effen love it! I never used to like liquid foundation cause I felt it always looked very cakey and weird on me no matter the brand. I have tried MAC SSF, Estee Lauder DW .. and various others and they were always a miss. But after hearing all the rave reviews I decided to give MUFE HD foundation a try so I stopped by my local Sephora and got a small sample in shade#127, went home... applied it the next morning (with my MAC 187) paired with the MUFE primer in 01 and the HD Microfinish powder I had previously bought and omg my face totally looks airbrushed like no other! That's saying a lot considering I have oily/combo skin and pretty noticeable pores. It literally made me look PORELESS haha. I went back to Sephora the next day and brought the full size
smile.gif
It's amazing,seriously guys. This from a girl who HATES wearing liquid foundation and always USED to opt for mineral powder instead. The foundation lasts ALL day and doesn't make me look cakey or "unnatural" at all. I love that it has a natural finish. I also love their Full Cover concealer... covers like a dream!

Originally Posted by comeseptember /img/forum/go_quote.gif I absolutely LOVE the HD powder--I was so thrilled to find a powder that softly mattifies without any color at all yet doesn't make me look ghosty! Of course, after the fact I discovered something even better: you can buy similarly fine-milled silica powder really cheap online! Since that's all the HD powder is, I plan on just buying the pure silica powder when I run out of the MUFE--save myself a ton of money, and still have that miracle no-color, matte finish! When I bought my MUFE HD foundation the MA applied it and also used the HD powder. The foundation lasts pretty well on it´s own, but the powder is like the icing on the cake. I didn´t buy the powder though, instead I ordered 100% pure silica powder from PureLuxe, I just haven´t tried it yet. It´s supposed to be equally finely milled, and of course a lot cheaper than the HD powder
Since I bought this foundation I have been confident about my skin every day. No matter how great the foundations were that I used before, they never lasted throughout the day, there was always some fading, even with different primers. Don´t ask me why! But with this foundation that has never happened.

I
wub.gif
MUFE HD!!!!

I love the HD foundation! I actually schlepped through NYC at the end of July, on my way to the airport, to stop by the MUFE store and try it out. I used it for both my best friend's wedding and my HS reunion. The attached photos are from my reunion.

As far as application, I stipple it on with a foundation sponge. What I love about it is that it just makes me look like I have beautiful skin and it doesn't feel like I'm wearing anything. I top it with either the HD Powder or Nars Nico blush (sometimes both).

Originally Posted by jessimau /img/forum/go_quote.gif I love the HD foundation! I actually schlepped through NYC at the end of July, on my way to the airport, to stop by the MUFE store and try it out. I used it for both my best friend's wedding and my HS reunion. The attached photos are from my reunion.
As far as application, I stipple it on with a foundation sponge. What I love about it is that it just makes me look like I have beautiful skin and it doesn't feel like I'm wearing anything. I top it with either the HD Powder or Nars Nico blush (sometimes both).

beautiful pics! This is how I apply it as well, I stipple it on with a regular foundation brush. It doesn´t spread as well using the MAC #187, which I usually love for every other liquid foundation. But that´s ok, at least now I am actually using my foundation brush, before it was just sitting in my cabinet while the #187 was getting all the love lol

I tried it and it's okay - practically gave me the same results in terms of coverage with my L'Oreal+Sally Hansen mix, but the HD made me feel dryer. I had to put MAC's strobe cream along with it so it could give me more of a glow.

It's still a good product but I dunno if I would purchase it though.

so i bought it and the girl at sephora completely got my skin tone wrong... its too pink for me, but i like the way it feels so i guess ill have to use it up until i buy a different shade, broke
frown.gif
, but how do u apply it, like what are some tips for application, bc ive been using a sponge but the darn thing soaks up alot of it and i dont wana waste it in the sponge!!

I got my MUFE HD foundation from Sephora recently. I took advantage of the 20% percent off.
wink.gif
I'll give two thumbs up on this foundation.

Originally Posted by asd3187 /img/forum/go_quote.gif so i bought it and the girl at sephora completely got my skin tone wrong... its too pink for me, but i like the way it feels so i guess ill have to use it up until i buy a different shade, broke
frown.gif
, but how do u apply it, like what are some tips for application, bc ive been using a sponge but the darn thing soaks up alot of it and i dont wana waste it in the sponge!! Take it back and exchange it for the right color.
smile.gif

I like to apply it with a foundation brush: you don't waste it on the sponge, you use less, it blends better, and you don't get bacteria or excess oil from your hands onto your face.

Back