MUT NEST (All-purpose year-round chat!)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm excited about the kids growing up and getting to talk to them about all the things they got into trouble for and how hilarious we thought it was at the time. In real life we had to act appalled and punish them.

It will also be fun to let them know how horrible we were as kids. That's all hush hush for now. In fact I have I have a long time friend that I always say we can't stay friends because she knows too much and at some point the kids are going to ask her questions.

Please don't use "pussy" as a negative. In order for the insult to be effective, people have to accept the idea that women are inferior. There are better insults. I'm partial to turdperson.
Fun fact: the term "pussy" used that way is thought to come from "pusillanimous",which means "showing a lack of courage, timid". but of course no one knows that so when they use it it's still offensive. I just like words :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

So, my cat sent a glass of vodka flying from one table to another, where it spilled on my laptop, so I'm computer less again for a couple of weeks. Haaaaaatevusing mobile!

@@angienharry  Oh I am just so sorry.  I haven't lost a parent that I know of - I'm actually not in touch with my mom...so I can't say I know how you feel, but I know what it is like to lose family that you are so so so so close to you, that you just break in two for the emptiness and despair.

My loss was almost a year ago, and I still have moments where I completely break down for missing him, and wanting him back so badly.  One of the only situations you really can use the word never, and it hurts like hell.

I lost my grandfather this past November, and that hurt, but he was 96, lived his life, and he actually wanted to go home, and it felt like it was time.

But when I lost my dog, Kosar, I fell apart.  He was my best friend I think I loved him more than I love most of my family and friends...

I am truly sorry for your loss, be well, take care of yourself and know there is a world of people out here praying for you.   :hugs3:

Please don't use "pussy" as a negative. In order for the insult to be effective, people have to accept the idea that women are inferior. There are better insults. I'm partial to turdperson.
Huh...I never thought of it that way, I guess because I don't consider it, well, it's not a term I've ever used for, about, or to describe anything about a woman or her parts! HAHAHA!  But you are sooooo right!  I'm sorry!!  :blush:

ETA:  I was raised by my dad...not an excuse, but maybe a reason??  I'm totally sorry!

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, how I dearly love it when a manager (not *my* manager) demands that I do something because *he knows* it should be done this way, I refuse, he gets pissed and storms off while telling me that *he knows* he's right, and then he comes back four hours later telling me that he owes me an apology because what he was demanding I do is all wrong. There's a reason this is on my wall at work:

OMG - @@Kristine Walker - It took me a while, but my chickens finally got around to testing out and loving the toy you sent! BEST SECRET SANTA E-V-E-R! I took a video of them picking some greens from it earlier this week. The bell freaked them out for a bit, but their gluttonous, greedy nature got them over that hump pretty soon :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />    
D.gif

I'm coming here to tell a story so I don't clog up the Sephora thread, LOL. Okay, so speaking of perfumes husbands love or hate - when my hubby and I were dating I wore Coco Mademoiselle all. the. time. I loved it, and so did he. Well, so did most guys, actually, but that isn't the point.

The point is - we were not exactly "saving" ourselves for marriage, if you catch my drift, and I was 18 so pretty much everything I owned was drenched in Coco Mlle. and of course it got really burned into his mind that the scent was a major turn-on. :lol:

Nowadays, things have ah... slowed down a bit, so every now and then he asks why I don't wear Coco Mlle. any more. To give an unfortunate TMI, this guy still has the sex drive of a teenager, but I've lost a lot of energy due to illness and medications. So whenever he accompanies me perfume shopping, I have to steer him away from Chanel, LOL. One of these days, though, I might buy it as a surprise. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

@@ohsailor - Sorry this has been a rough time for you.  Its got to turn around soon.  :hugs3:

I think we have real hopes that a new year means a new start.  It really sucks ass when this just doesn't happen.
Thank you so much. This means a lot. <3

Oh honey  :hugs3:   :hugs3:   :hugs3:  big internet hugs!!! Fighting with insurance sucks! I wish they could walk in the shoes of the people with afflictions they try to save a buck on, ugh. A family member with ms had the drug company (the one his dr wanted him on) contact him and gave him a workaround to get on the drug, but for the love of god there are things you NEED...we aren't talking vanity here yeeesh! 

Poor puppy  :scared:  hope he feels better soon!
Insurance and pharmaceutical companies are the worst!! When I am clear, you would never know I ever had anything wrong with my skin... but as soon as I go off my medication, it can take only DAYS for my psoriasis to cover my ENTIRE body. My ENTIRE body. Google it- extreme psoriasis- its not pretty. And doctors tell me the pain is about the same as a second degree burn, all over. I once spent a year and a half living like that, after something really traumatic happened to me (I would say, but I think you can guess, and I don't want to make this about that) and I spent two years depressed and addicted to pills (3.5 years sober, yay! But I digress). Psoriasis isn't always a mild condition- I know of a man who is in a wheelchair without use of his legs or arms and is mostly blind- all due to side effects of psoriasis and proriatic arthritits.

The reason I bring up how severe it is is because of the cost of treatments. Taclonex, a common topical treatment, costs about $850 for a 120gm tube without insurance. If I order it online from another country, it costs about $170. With insurance, it costs $15. The problem is, I would need two tubes a month to handle the severity of my psoriasis and the insurance would only cover one tube- it's why I switched to Humira (that, and it works better, and is MUCH better for your skin). I hope to eventually switch to another drug that's similar but works even better with less side effects. I NEED this drug. Without it, I can't walk without being at a level 8-9 pain, much less other physical activities, and again... if you Google it, you'll see why I would also have to cover up every inch of my body. Basically, EFF THEM FOR NOT GETTING IT NO MATTER HOW MANY DOCTORS TRY TO TELL THEM.

/rant. Sorry, I needed that!

Why on earth isn't a Dr's recommendation (or 2) enough!?!?!!?!?!?! The MS meds are close to 6K a month, which is crazy until you think about the alternative...the insurance companies aren't hurting for money, why if we can help it, should people be asked to hurt and suffer for their profit????    also end rant...but I hear ya @@ohsailor!

*almost end rant...my husband has a condition that is causing him to go blind, he's had surgery and is on every med they have...well almost, there is one that is better then the other ones combined but it's just not covered. So we keep our fingers crossed that the blindness is slow enough that we make it to older age. Somewhere a cost vs "cure" formula has f'd us....

The things we do for our "babies".  Most people that know about our boy cat's issues a few years ago still think we're nuts.  He got sick suddenly and wasn't peeing/peeing spots on everything.  We made an appointment the next morning with regular vet, but by middle of night knew he had to go to Emergency vet or he'll die.  They said he was 100% blocked at that point with urine crystals and had we not brought him into them he'd have died within a couple hours.  

He was only turning 2, and this was over his birthday.  They said they got him unblocked and he'd have to transfer for about a week at the regular vet office, but he's fixable.  I couldn't let him die, he's my baby boy, and it was his freaking birthday for goodness sakes.  

A week later, daily vet trips for playing and support--because he was so depressed he wouldn't eat.  Just sat in back of cage with his head down wearing a cone of shame.. We got them to take the cone collar off and as long as we came by each day for a while to see him he would do okay..  1500$ later, he's now 7 this February!  He's only had one minor bout of trouble since then, and we just increased his daily urine vitamins (OTC kind), and he got better in two days.  

He's got to eat urinary health formula, grain free, wet food only...gets kibble treats and snacks-but limited.  And our older (10 this August) girl kitty is allergic to plastic, grains, and gets bouts of kitty herpes (blisters on her mouth/gum line).  She also fractured her front arm once several years ago when she was walking  under me while I carried a framed mirror..the frame broke and the mirror fell on her arm.  "That" was fun... and a nice 1000$ bill as well.  She loved her cast covered with bright pink and yellow baby socks though, we called it her "Flash Dance" sock, and she rubbed it in with guilt every chance she got, and liked showing her socks off...weirdo.  

I hope your baby gets better!  And you too!!  I had strep throat and tonsillitis back to back for years until 3rd grade when they took my tonsils out.  I've had strep once since then and hardly get sick ever since.  ((sickness apparently got traded for clumsy unlucky injuries instead though))  If you regularly get throat sicknesses I highly recommend having tonsils out, makes life so much better!  
Thank you so much :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm so glad your little one is happy and healthy :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I don't get people who don't get it! I have always had both dogs and cats growing up, and my dad always treated them like members of the family and mourned them like they were, so that is how it has always been for me. I adopted my puppy when he was just 8 weeks old, but I heard through a friend of a friend that the puppy mill that he was bred in was going to put him down because he had pneumonia. I quickly grabbed him up from them (and reported them), and he was given a 50/50 chance at that time to survive, but a few thousand dollars and months of TLC later, he was super happy healthy, and strong. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> It wasn't until he was around 5 that he started to get new issues- he would get pancreatitis every 5 months- and finally got diabetes, which was when he almost died (I can't talk about that- it hurts too bad and it's the one thing I get superstitious about). I have probably spent about $20,000 on vet bills on him, but he is so worth it. He is the most loving dog i have ever met, and even though he is so stubborn, he makes me laugh every single day. Plus waking up to him and my kitty cuddling both me and one another is the best thing ever.

He is totally good! He was obviously getting better about 3 days ago but still wouldn't eat, yesterday he was totally good except he only wanted to eat if I hand fed him, and today he is totally back to normal :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

@@ohsailor :hugs3: :hugs3: :hugs3:   No words, I'm sorry!
Thank you <3 Seriously

Why on earth isn't a Dr's recommendation (or 2) enough!?!?!!?!?!?! The MS meds are close to 6K a month, which is crazy until you think about the alternative...the insurance companies aren't hurting for money, why if we can help it, should people be asked to hurt and suffer for their profit????    also end rant...but I hear ya @@ohsailor!

*almost end rant...my husband has a condition that is causing him to go blind, he's had surgery and is on every med they have...well almost, there is one that is better then the other ones combined but it's just not covered. So we keep our fingers crossed that the blindness is slow enough that we make it to older age. Somewhere a cost vs "cure" formula has f'd us....
Oh man, I am SO sorry!! I can't even imagine what that must be like. I don't even want to put it into words, because I'm sure you already know... but you're both basically going through my biggest fear, the helplessness of it all. Let me just say you WILL be in my thoughts and that I hope with all my might that you find the cure you need. I am SO sorry, ugh. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Major hugs to you (I can only imagine what you're going through as well) and to your husband.

Ugh that sucks, *hugs* No one deserves to be a cost/benefit statistic.

In tweakabell dorky news:

After a trip to the sauna (allergy steam run through the dryer), Squid is ready for his grand adventure to his new owner.

20150131_003635.jpg

i've been wanting to share a good news here, but everyone's having rough times... but i just want to say, it'll get better. we just all have to keep truckin'. 

this is what i constantly told myself, and now....

...i finally am a phd candidate! i finished all my exams last wednesday. in my department, phd candidacy means that you have to pass 4 written exams, an oral exam (these comprise the qualifying exam), and then present and defend your proposal, and also be done with all the coursework. man, it's a whole lot of work and i'm really really tired at this point, especially since the first time i did my proposal, i 'passed with conditions', and basically the conditions are to do additional work and present and defend it again. but i've always told myself to "keep truckin'". and now, that's all over and the fun part begins! i now have a much clearer research framework in mind, and my task is to do the experiments i've set to do and write my dissertation. the next exam will be my dissertation defense. that'll be in roughly a year (and a half) from now. i'm..soo..close...

hope everyone has a relaxing weekend.

@@saku Yay!!! Isn't it great to see light at the end of the tunnel!!

And thanks everyone for the kindness, that's why I love MUT! We all get the hand we are dealt and we only have one guaranteed go round so live it the best we can, right... :flowers:

@@tweakabell He's just the cutest thing ever! I love how talented and quirky you are. 

@@saku Yay!!! Isn't it great to see light at the end of the tunnel!!

And thanks everyone for the kindness, that's why I love MUT! We all get the hand we are dealt and we only have one guaranteed go round so live it the best we can, right... :flowers:

@@tweakabell He's just the cutest thing ever! I love how talented and quirky you are. 
yes it is! after 4 long years, i can finally see light! haha

Back