My Newly Updated Stash (Very Picture Heavy)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I absolutely love it Adrienne. I really need to step my game up!!!! Jk! It's awesome!!!

I can't believe how organized it is for such a massive collection.  I think your the first person I've ever seen with as much (probably more) make up as my sister.

LOOOOLAAAAA hahaha hey chick :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />! Thanks Perlanga, I'll race ya! Jk ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.

I can't believe how organized it is for such a massive collection.  I think your the first person I've ever seen with as much (probably more) make up as my sister.
Ironically I wished it was more organized lol. The new desk really has helped though, I'm absolutely in love it!

Adrienne whenever my lipstick detach from the tube or break from pushing too hard I put the lipstick in a pot and melt it for about 10 seconds in the microwave. I recommend putting all those pans in the micro they are gonna settle just like a brand new lip color palette.

Originally Posted by perlanga /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Adrienne whenever my lipstick detach from the tube or break from pushing too hard I put the lipstick in a pot and melt it for about 10 seconds in the microwave. I recommend putting all those pans in the micro they are gonna settle just like a brand new lip color palette.

Oh hey, this never occurred to me! I have a fave lipstick from Mary Kay that broke in the tube!

Holy moly! It inspires me to buy more, lol.  I also love how organized you keep it.  Do you have a lot of unopened product, I am assuming, or do you get around to rotating using them all? Just curious?  You'd probably be the expert to ask about how good/bad a product is :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Loving it! 

Question, why microwave? Does that soften it up just enough to fill the pot or does it soften it up permanently? Just curious.

Originally Posted by Pancua /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Question, why microwave? Does that soften it up just enough to fill the pot or does it soften it up permanently? Just curious.
It's the same thing with the hair dryer (I prefer since the microwave can get too hot too fast). The product melts so it looks nice and then when it cools will firm back up. I've done the same with cream eyeliner sticks.

Adrienne, your collection is huge! I'm jealous! I want to come play with all your awesome products!

omg I love your set up.  I've been telling myself for the last year that I have too much makeup and now I want more.  (I thought I had too many brushes at around 30-40, but you...win.)  Everything is soooooo organized too! love love love

Holy moly! It inspires me to buy more, lol.  I also love how organized you keep it.  Do you have a lot of unopened product, I am assuming, or do you get around to rotating using them all? Just curious?  You'd probably be the expert to ask about how good/bad a product is :)  Loving it! 
I try to rotate all my stuff but it's difficult! A lot of my things I've only used once or twice & some I newly discovered when I reorganized it earlier this week lol. I also got rid of things I had multiple colors of to my sister in law. Some of my bigger palettes I have yet to really play with! That's why I'm going to try hard this year & avoid buying so much, even though it's difficult to resist lol. Perlanga: I'm gonna try that. I've avoided it bc I was scared it would ruin them but it would definitely look nicer. Thanks for the tip :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. Once again, thanks everyone for your comments!

Wow Adrienne that's awesome!  I'm so jealous of all of your brushes! Makes mine look positively pathetic!  This makes me want to take pictures of my stash now too, even though it is nothing compared to yours! 

I love me some Dollar Tree and that is a FANTASTIC idea for make-up storage!!!

Originally Posted by Adrienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I depotted many of my lipsticks bc not a lot of them had the same shape since they were from many different brands.  This made them difficult to store and it took up way too much room in that one drawer.  I went to Dollar Tree and found a 7-day Pill Organizer by a brand called "Assured."  They sit in a tray which worked out great for me.  This way, a lipstick is easier for me to find too.

Those that are labeled "blush" are actually the name of the lipstick. For instance, I labeled it "Rimmel" for the brand, "Pink Blush" for the name, and "006" for the number listed at the bottom of the lipstick tube. All those that are in a container and look creamy are all lipsticks.  I'm not talented enough to make my own blushes :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.

Thanks everyone for your lovely comments!

Now, why haven't I thought of that?! I have around 8 tubes of broken lipsticks that I don't want to throw away. This idea is a life saver/lipstick saver. Thanks for sharing
icon_cheesygrin.gif

OMG! I want to try some Kat Von D eyeshadows! Nice Stash! Mine is nothing compared to yours! I have some shopping to do! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Originally Posted by Pancua /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It melts into liquid but then it'll solidify a few hours later, into a nice smooth pot.

Back