My Sewing Projects

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you for lovely compliments everyone! All your words mean a lot.
hug.gif

Originally Posted by roseann58 You do lovely work, what patterns did you use for the tops? Were you in 4-H sewing, how have you learned?

The fabrics appear to be mostly knits of some type or another for the tops?

Little did I know that coming on to makeup talk, and I would get a double bonus, and get to see great work and talk my hobby as well.

First of all, welcome to MakeupTalk!
flowers.gif
And thank you for nice words.
Now to answer your question....

Patterns:

green wrap - McCalls 4779

pink 3/4 sleeves - self-drafted

white with green binding - New Look 6405

black long-sleeves - self-drafted

twist top - Burda World of Fashion 04/2005, patt.#112

baby-doll - self-drafted

I don't have any formal education as far as sewing is concerned. I took 2 sewing classes and a pattern-drafting class and learned the rest myself through trial and error.

The fabric for tops are all knits.

We have quite a few ladies sewing on MuT. Here's the thread devoted to sewing.

Excellent! Truly wonderful garments! If only these posters knew how much money you saved over paying retail....

Originally Posted by SewAmazing Excellent! Truly wonderful garments! If only these posters knew how much money you saved over paying retail.... Thank you!
Yap that is true! Plus they fit to a T
smile.gif

OMG! Those are all too amazing Maja! I wish I had a talent like that! Wow! Very, very nice! Maybe I need to sit down and learn to sew myself! I love all of them!

Maja, Your clothes are just awesome. I'm so impressed. I can't even sew a button on properly. You look beautiful also.

Originally Posted by Maychi I'm planning on sewing for profit in a few years time. Oh you should! You would do very well.

All of your clothes are lovely
laughing.gif
And they fit you perfectly
smile.gif
Very nice work - if you have something new, please post it
smile.gif

Wow Maja. You are really talented. I love all the tops and skirts you made! They are all really good!

WOW,that is HOT,I can't wait till you sew for me,that is gonna be just awesome!

Well done, Maja! I
heart.gif
everything! I agree w/ everyone else.
smilehappyyes.gif
You're absolutely gorgeous and you have an incredible body!

Maja, you are very talented! Those skirts and shirts, and PJs look great!

Back