MyGlam is now Ipsy..

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Zadidoll I completely agree with your post about the name change. I think they should have kept myglam! If wanting to expa d keep myglam in section of box subs. But no one really sees what the major plan is so I guess I can't say much. I just think being one of the original names of box subs it's kind of sad to see it being faded out:( ipsy does seem so weird to my. Telling your friends yay my ipsy bag came today lol they may think I'm tipsy:)

Originally Posted by Dockmaster /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've been gone for almost 30 years, but I am pretty sure that Ypsilanti, MI is home to the University of Michigan and that Eastern Michigan University is in I believe Mt. Pleasant.  Now being from Lansing and having gone to Michigan State I could be wrong and they might have moved things around, but the last time I was up there that was the case.
nope, Mt. Pleasant is Central Michigan and Ann Arbor is UM, Ypsilanti is right next to Ann Arbor though, and that is where EMU is. I am also a State alum! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by wintersnowpeach /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Haha when I think like this it's just a play on letters but it's ipsy...my name is espy... lol
 No wonder I kept wanting to spell ipsy with an "e".  By the way, I am going to send some stuff out to you soon!  I just need to get to the post office.

Originally Posted by ValentineLissar /img/forum/go_quote.gif

No wonder I kept wanting to spell ipsy with an "e".  By the way, I am going to send some stuff out to you soon!  I just need to get to the post office.
no worries, chickadee! lol. just pm me when you get your bundle safe & sound =)

I think the new name is starting to grow on me a bit. I've just been getting it in my head that next month I'll be getting my Ipsy Glam Bag. It does actually sound better to say than saying, "my Myglam bag". It just always felt odd saying it, IMO.

I am not to sure about this name change/upgrade thing. Michelle Phan is pretty cool but if you look at her commercial for Ipsy on youtube it is really awkward, which made me feel awkward watching it. I get the concept and I like the general idea but it sounds too much like those scams that furniture stores do all the time. You know, they say that they are going out of business or are changing management and all they do is change the name and the store front but everything is still the same. Kinda lame. I never subbed to myglam, I was a "Looker" and will be again this October when they relaunch. I don't know, tell me, what is/was so appealing about this subscription over others ladies? 

Originally Posted by mickdraggen /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am not to sure about this name change/upgrade thing. Michelle Phan is pretty cool but if you look at her commercial for Ipsy on youtube it is really awkward, which made me feel awkward watching it. I get the concept and I like the general idea but it sounds too much like those scams that furniture stores do all the time. You know, they say that they are going out of business or are changing management and all they do is change the name and the store front but everything is still the same. Kinda lame. I never subbed to myglam, I was a "Looker" and will be again this October when they relaunch. I don't know, tell me, what is/was so appealing about this subscription over others ladies? 
They say they are now tailoring the box contents to match your beauty profile, which is something most boxes really don't do (although some do claim the same).

I've been so interested in myglam/ipsy bag since I've been seeing pictures of your bags! I have birchbox right now but contemplating to switch. Which one do you girls prefer?

Originally Posted by denise89 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've been so interested in myglam/ipsy bag since I've been seeing pictures of your bags! I have birchbox right now but contemplating to switch. Which one do you girls prefer?
I like both but if I had to choose, and put aside the fact that Birchbox has a points system that I LOVE using to get free stuff... MyGlam over Birchbox these last few bags/boxes.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I like both but if I had to choose, and put aside the fact that Birchbox has a points system that I LOVE using to get free stuff... MyGlam over Birchbox these last few bags/boxes.
I know! I do love the points system but I've been liking myglams bags better. I just can not seem to switch yet because I'm stuck and always thinking birchbox would redeem themselves! If only I can afford both :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'll probably stick to birchbox for now...so I can get products for free. 

Originally Posted by denise89 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I know! I do love the points system but I've been liking myglams bags better. I just can not seem to switch yet because I'm stuck and always thinking birchbox would redeem themselves! If only I can afford both :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'll probably stick to birchbox for now...so I can get products for free. 
i'm in the same exact boat as you, i never really considered leaving birchbox until their boxes got REALLY underwhelming as of the last few months and myglam/ipsy's got a lot better.

i definitely don't plan on leaving birchbox any time soon though since i love the points, but i also really want to check ipsy out this month. i just can't justify having two subscription services right now though, i already have a lot of makeup!

Originally Posted by kawaiimeows /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i'm in the same exact boat as you, i never really considered leaving birchbox until their boxes got REALLY underwhelming as of the last few months and myglam/ipsy's got a lot better.

i definitely don't plan on leaving birchbox any time soon though since i love the points, but i also really want to check ipsy out this month. i just can't justify having two subscription services right now though, i already have a lot of makeup!
You guys... I canceled my Ipsy account the other day because I was trying to cut back on my sub boxes...

But then I got this email ... (see pic in spoiler)

ARRRGHHHH mascara is my #1 beauty staple!!! I already have my HG mascara, but I love trying new ones. How did they know??? And that brand is one I've always wanted to try! So... I'm back in. Haha I have no self-control!

I think it's a little random to change your company's name a year after launch, but I like the change--"MyGlam" kind of sounds a little tween/generic, but "Ipsy" is definitely more distinct.

I accidentally signed up for two boxes, but I'm reaallly glad I did lol, October's bag looks great :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. between me and my 14-year-old sister, everything except lip glosses gets used up (she's been loving the neon nail polishes).

Back